Absolutely love this mod, The remote 40mm feature is something i've been dreaming of since OFP.

The Only two issues i've encountered since your last update are 1 when using the tablet to place waypoints after a short time of walking the waypoints will disappear from the tablet and the ai will sprint from point to point regardless of what the speed order was,

2 when used with ACE ordering an ai to throw a grenade from HUD mode will break some ACE features such as advanced throwing.

Other than that everything is working great and i love the 360 formation.

Thank you!

The bugs you encounter are rather strange. It's a cheap shot but my first guess is that it's a MOD-incompatability.

Usually, the lines disappear if the unit received a movement order (ie a change of expected destination) while actively executing a route. So the lines disappearing without the waypoints being deleted is rather odd, they should also not keep executing the order. Sounds like the function/loop is still at large in your case while the lines get deleted and the data gets screwed up. 

The ACE-throwing, no idea why it could get broken by the GTI system, will look at it next week. Could you give me a complete list of addons so I can try and recreate your issue, thank you

With the waypoints it was just CBA and C2, With the Grenades it was just CBA C2 and ACE.

• Like 1

I mentioned a page or so back that my squad was shooting hostages when I asked them to clear a building. It happened twice at the time, but I haven't been able to replicate this behaviour recently. It must have been something in my mission or maybe a mod I was using. Sorry for the false bug report.

No no, it happened to other people too. There is some doTarget/doFire stuff happening, I can totally imagine some crossfire type stuff :) It's a bit of a rare case but I also had reports of AI shooting at the player lol

No no, it happened to other people too. There is some doTarget/doFire stuff happening, I can totally imagine some crossfire type stuff :) It's a bit of a rare case but I also had reports of AI shooting at the player lol

I discovered it happens when I set INDEP to be hostile to BLUFOR in the editor. When I do that and send my BLUFOR units to clear a building, they'll shoot any civilians in the building.

Ha! makes sense, that's it. I always forget to declare civilian as extra with the whole friendly/enemy detection. Thanks for the report!

You should add a command with the ability to pack/unpack static weapons! Maybe even throw in a little artillery support in the command tablet if you feel like going crazy. ;)

You should add a command with the ability to pack/unpack static weapons! Maybe even throw in a little artillery support in the command tablet if you feel like going crazy. ;)

I've had issues with the BIS function to pack and unpack static weapons, but will get back into it as AI-actions are the next thing to get a bit expanded as the radial gets more and more fleshed out.

As far as Arty, I never got into the supportModule much but I always had a feeling that it could be integrated nicely. I never had that in mind but slowly but surely it makes sense to have these things, not as a replacement for the default controls but just as an alternative

• Like 2

Would be making this the better to one comparied with the Ctab mod,if we could make the Static weapons and the Air assets to work in C2. A +1 for me.  

I've had issues with the BIS function to pack and unpack static weapons, but will get back into it as AI-actions are the next thing to get a bit expanded as the radial gets more and more fleshed out.

As far as Arty, I never got into the supportModule much but I always had a feeling that it could be integrated nicely. I never had that in mind but slowly but surely it makes sense to have these things, not as a replacement for the default controls but just as an alternative

I think to keep it standard with the rest of C2 you'd have to have a grouped AI in the arty piece.  I could see how then you'd be able to call fire 'perhaps' on a go code.

Or add a template,so to speak,and some form to simply place it with a mouse click and add that with a function or an array to to always be on hand ,like adding a Landing zone in the area for reinforcements---then Neraest,Far, a zone where the artillary  will allways shell.Like a trigger  area that can be moved around.

Would be making this the better to one comparied with the Ctab mod,if we could make the Static weapons and the Air assets to work in C2. A +1 for me.  

I'm not trying to be the better alternative to another addon. With what makes sense to implement, I don't mind function overlaps but CTAB is great and should work alongside C2.

Aircraft work fine in the planning mode btw, it's just that it does not make a whole lot of sense. I played around with aircraft, I end up disbanding the plane into HC every single time. I mean, I can detect if it's a plane etc, but all you will get from this is the plane being able to land. What else other than path, speed and height do you need for a plane?

Now, drones is a different story. Lots of work, that's why I have not touched it yet. I find using "doMove" to be actually more reliable than the usual drone commands. I also do not like the terminal much, but that's just my taste (irrelevant). But eventually I want to make a page for drones, with some ability to see a PIP (similar to cTab i guess, it's the logical way to do it), selecting drones etc. At some point using droneCam to issue planning mode commands would actually be amazing but I shy away from it because it's gonna make me create lines and arrows again. I despise arrows and lines. On the bright side, when I finally do it, I can also make an alternative layout where the player can use the map instead of the tablet. i find that less immersive but again that's taste. irrelevant.

I think to keep it standard with the rest of C2 you'd have to have a grouped AI in the arty piece.  I could see how then you'd be able to call fire 'perhaps' on a go code.

In this case it's just player controls, so as long as I can fetch what the player already has access to, it would just be an alternative way to select. Have not thought about it much but it's been asked a few times at this point.

Or add a template,so to speak,and some form to simply place it with a mouse click and add that with a function or an array to to always be on hand ,like adding a Landing zone in the area for reinforcements---then Neraest,Far, a zone where the artillary  will allways shell.Like a trigger  area that can be moved around.

wat? 

only heal player button  in next update?

page for drones :wub: 

also other arma 3 altitude limitation

they can`t lock on and drop LGB from high altitudes in automatic mode

• Like 1

hey madcheese!

Is it possible to turn of some functions?

Can you explain which module does what.

I would like to use all functionality except the indicator stuff which uses the numpad keys.

thank you for your answer.

And some suggestions:

• It would be great if you could integrate more functions from WWAI menu. For example "put on nightvision", so that the WWAI Menu is not needed anymore.
  • Another great functionality would be if there were a possibility to use more particular formations or if you are able to create custom formations. (There is a mod which already fullfills this.)
  • And yet another thing which im missing and there is not even a mod for it. A possibility to limit the speed for AI drivers to, for example, walking speed, slow normal and fast.

Thank you very much for the great mod.

Cheers

Skanda

I would like to use all functionality except the indicator stuff which uses the numpad keys.

And some suggestions:

• It would be great if you could integrate more functions from WWAI menu. For example "put on nightvision", so that the WWAI Menu is not needed anymore.
  • Another great functionality would be if there were a possibility to use more particular formations or if you are able to create custom formations. (There is a mod which already fullfills this.)
  • And yet another thing which im missing and there is not even a mod for it. A possibility to limit the speed for AI drivers to, for example, walking speed, slow normal and fast.
Thank you very much for the great mod.

You can turn the NUM-functions off in the general preferences (center of radial menu) - vehicle speeds can also be limited for planning mode waypoints (jogging speed for vehicles, 60kmH for choppers).

The night vision stuff is coming up - but what"s the name of the custom formations mod? I will probably not include a feature like that but a look at a mod like this could help with some other stuff I have in mind :)

only heal player button in next update?

page for drones :wub:

also other arma 3 altitude limitation

they can`t lock on and drop LGB from high altitudes in automatic mode

Only heal player is a good idea! Maybe Shift + IconClick (rightClick is already reserved for future auto-mode)

With the GBU's I would not know how to fix it.. Kylania wrote a great script a while ago but the locking part is where I would not know what to do. I have never actually changed configs, maybe that"s something to look into

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Quick update to 1.4.8.5 - it's mainly a fix but I included some small things:

S T E A M :

Steam_zpsin23iios.png

M E D I A F I R E :

mediafire100.png

CHANGELOG 1.4.8.5:

• ADDED: Medical ShortCut: Closest Medic heal player (Shift+LMB on medic icon in radial. Tooltip includes instructions too)
  • ADDED: 360 formation added to planning mode tablet. Radius is displayed with marker and can be dragged to adjust size
  • ADDED: Planes can now also land at nearest airport to landing waypoint
    • landingtype is irrelevant
    • plane will land and be teleported to near hangar until used again
    • feature is heavily WIP
  • FIXED: Gunners would face position of vehicle entry after being boardedwith radial menu
  • FIXED: Lower flyinHeights adjusted when AI is flying plane (lowest: 25m, default 150m)
  • FIXED: HUD-indicators could be brought up, but not deleted if unit was dead, but not yet revealed to player
  • FIXED: Radial-TeamColor Script-Error fixed (loop was not exited)
  • FIXED: re-Arrangement of group while refreshing is now disabled in MP to prevent the player losing his assets in certain MP-missions (BECTI etc)
  • FIXED: C2-ZEUS could take over control of groups that contained actual players
  • TWEAKED: MarkerTypes changed to big dots for unified appearance when using other mods (ie advanced AI command)
  • Like 6

The night vision stuff is coming up - but what"s the name of the custom formations mod? I will probably not include a feature like that but a look at a mod like this could help with some other stuff I have in mind :)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/166983-cfs-custom-formations/

This is the custom formations mod but its a bit cluncky to use.

Thank you for your fast answer. looking forward to the next version.

Cheers Skanda

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/166983-cfs-custom-formations/

This is the custom formations mod but its a bit cluncky to use.

Thanks! I will have a look at it. TBH I won't include this feature if there's already an addon for it, but maybe the guy is down to collab. In any way, it's an amazing concept and will be beneficial in one way or another.

IMPORTANT: I PATCHED C2 YET AGAIN!! THE POST AND CHANGELOG ABOVE IS UPDATED, PLEASE HAVE A LOOK.

I'm glad nobody mirrored it yet, I forgot about a few things. 360 now included in planning mode! Markers are tweaked a bit, also the reset_group function hopefully won't break BECTI and other MP missions anymore.

• Like 2

I appreciate the consideration on the CSW idea! On the other hand, is there anyway you could implement the actual group name when in HC mode? I typically command a company-battalion level force on my missions, and I would love to use C2 to execute precise platoon movement but I never know which unit is which (I've renamed all the groups in the editor to match their real life counterpart; Battalion HQ, Alpha Actual, Alpha 1 Actual, Alpha 1-1, etc). I could understand how this could be cumbersome in the planning tablet display, but could there possibly be a solution to know which unit is which? 

• Like 1

Hey mad_cheese. Thanks for another update! Honestly, I can't imagine playing without C2 anymore.

Quick note: Just tested the latest update and units are still killing civvies when clearing buildings if IND is set as hostile towards BLUFOR.

• Like 1

Man I have to say, I dont even notice sometimes how much this benefits me while playing. It blends in with the rest of the game so well. 

One thing I noticed that is "missing" though.

It would be nice if we could rotate the preview markers for the 3d hud mode so that we could get our units to face a specific direction. The 360 coverage formation you added recently is brilliant,but a lot of the times i want my guys in a line watching a specific direction. It would be helpful if I could press a button to incrementally rotate them left or right (or hold the button and have it rotate slowly, if you know what  i mean). 

• Like 1

Man I have to say, I dont even notice sometimes how much this benefits me while playing. It blends in with the rest of the game so well. 

One thing I noticed that is "missing" though.

It would be nice if we could rotate the preview markers for the 3d hud mode so that we could get our units to face a specific direction. The 360 coverage formation you added recently is brilliant,but a lot of the times i want my guys in a line watching a specific direction. It would be helpful if I could press a button to incrementally rotate them left or right (or hold the button and have it rotate slowly, if you know what  i mean). 

I think you can already do this my holding down one of the modifier keys (SHIFT or CTRL) and scrolling the mouse wheel. I can't remember which one.