Sign in to follow this  
ronin1979ca

MMO MP :) Jagged Crusade - Mission and server framework OFPS.net/Agogeps.com exclusiv

Now being hosted by agogeps.com and ofps.net is a new mmo mp framework with an exclusive databse that saves player progress, such as levels and also saves the player's entire custom squad. Your player progress can be used on multiple servers, even on different mission types. Also agogeps.com exclusive server side management allows for extreme playtime without restart. Server restarts have been pushed beyond 24 hours without sacrificing fps, and allowing thousands of ai to spawn in the meantime.

-Initial Gameplay explained-

1.jpg

Select on of the current class types from the menu.

Your progress is saved for each class on each side.

-this includes your level, cash on hand, position, equipment and squad + equipment

-your bank account is different east/west, but shared with all class saves on that side

The current classes are:

-soldier/rifleman

-sniper

-engineer

-medic

-pilot

-diver.

*These will be expanded with more perks etc as development continues.

2.jpg

Spawn at your base or a current hotspot directly

3.jpg

Select your class loadout. More will become available as you level up. And you will eventually gain full access to weapon and equipment stores.

5.jpg

Start leveling up at the automated ranges

11.jpg

Or by killing enemy soldiers - your npc soldiers will also earn you experience / money

6.jpg

Access rapid/free transport at base using the halo option, or even drop your squad in a light vehicle in the same way.

7.jpg

Purchase vehicles safely at the vehicle store

8.jpg

and customize their appearance quickly.

9.jpg

Access Full control menu from the home key

10.jpg

Manage your custom squad quickly and easily, with full persistence. (more characters/perks etc coming)

13.jpg

12.jpg

Edited by ronin1979ca

looks decent - is it built on-top of wasteland or actually a different/new gamemode?

it is it's own game mode, but started as a wasteland mod / Debug. All the wasteland features have been fixed from a bugged state or improved to work as they should have. IE paint is persistent.

Edited by ronin1979ca

We are looking for additional development, streaming and testing help.

Edited by ronin1979ca

Added Feature - Icons for player owned vehicles that indicate whether or not they are locked.

Changed - Player squad icon colors.

icons.jpg

Edited by ronin1979ca

For anyone interested in running a server with this mission database please contact me from agogeps.com

Edited by ronin1979ca

I am looking for people interested in helping customize the classes, In an effort to make them as detailed as possible and expanding the available classes to include additional specializations. Please contact me directly at agogeps@gmail.com and I will send out templates. Anyone interested in this project in other capacities is welcome to contact me as well.

Donations are welcome to pay for additional servers to host multiple islands. I will be adding an altis map shortly.

Bugs/Issues I have at first playthrough:

AI Medic does not appear to heal or revive, does not respond to commands

Text on the right (kill feed) takes up too much space, should gradually disappear

Some friendly players' icons did not show up

I had a bug where when I spawned in, it did not show my loadout and thus I had no weapon.

One player found an exploit where you could choose a higher level loadout right after dying and respawning.

There is no protection against friendly fire- there needs to be a group system for players who want to "team up"

The loadout for the rifleman has no NVG's and is relatively weak overall (at level 1)

It is way too easy to get an OP vehicle like a Strider with an MG or a tank just by damaging it, killing the AI driver and repairing it

Some classes I did not try but not sure if they are useful, diver, pilot?

The positives:

I think with missions added players could really like the persistence of their leveling of different classes, sort of like KOTH but deeper since each class has a "role"

Having an AI teammate could balance things a bit for players that are solo, although I'm not so sure many will enjoy the AI teammates

It mixes a few different game modes that players like and even in the early state my group had fun fighting through Stratis clearing the sectors as a team

Developer is very open to feedback from players- just need to get in the server and try it out! Come back to this thread and post your feedback and they will listen

There is a few things I would do. One Get the mission running on Cherno and maybe look at running the @mas weapon pack. Also look at support for the @AiATP Most Arma Mil Sim players do not want to see the Base Arma 3 weapons or Maps. Most want their arma 2 maps and weapons. Overall after watching Dan's Video I think you have something cool here. I know of alot of players that Play insurgency missions and do alot of coop stuff. If you can Make it an MP insurgency mission it might just work..

That sounds good. I'll work on cherno for a second server. I appreciate the feedback and I'm impressed at how well made Dan's video is. He did a great job of identifying weakpoints/bugs for me to work on as well. Please be patient with me as I am getting the work done one item at a time. As he brought up, testers will help out a lot and it's their chance to influence development, because the main goal is to make something we are all interested in playing. I'm not adverse to other forms of help too, so for anyone with something to offer the project please contact me.

Edited by ronin1979ca

I can confirm that this is way more fun when you get some people in the server to play with!

here's some live footage if you guys want to see that http://www.twitch.tv/orangesherbet/v/3713337 (no self promotion intended here)

That sounds good. I'll work on cherno for a second server. I appreciate the feedback and I'm impressed at how well made Dan's video is. He did a great job of identifying weakpoints/bugs for me to work on as well. Please be patient with me as I am getting the work done one item at a time. As he brought up, testers will help out a lot and it's their chance to influence development, because the main goal is to make something we are all interested in playing.

That sounds good. I'll work on cherno for a second server. I appreciate the feedback and I'm impressed at how well made Dan's video is. He did a great job of identifying weakpoints/bugs for me to work on as well. Please be patient with me as I am getting the work done one item at a time. As he brought up, testers will help out a lot and it's their chance to influence development, because the main goal is to make something we are all interested in playing. I'm not adverse to other forms of help too, so for anyone with something to offer the project please contact me.

Looking really good so far. Man, you can jump high :)

the server is located at agogeps.com, you can remote connect to that, I will also be adding additional servers

This project is still ongoing, I am an infantry soldier, so sometimes i get a little too busy to work on updates. I will do my best to keep up.

If your a mission maker and want to take advantage of my system please pm and we can work together.

had a go on your server the thing that i noticed was that there were some old bodie's floating around. no interations what so ever but still there. furthermore the area around the airfield was loaded with ATV's maube some kind a garage system on your database where vehicle's you won get stored onto. with destruction state. that way you could implement that if you move say 250 meters away from your vehicle it will be stored in your garage and the map will be cleaner

rgr that, the vehicles are being currently being cached based on player proximity, but i may implement a system similar to the 'wrecked' mission and set players up with group vehicles that are stored to the group with improved customization. I do need help working on this as I am full time military and my time is not always my own.

Do you accept donations other than paypal?

Is there any way i can help you beside just playing? Also, when do the servers restart? Is there a schedule?

Also, will you be providing the mission file when you take your server offline? I'd love to host this if you ever find your self moving away from it.

Thanks