Freaking sweet. I'll see if i can find anything on skins for her.

Edit: Surprisingly, very few.

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/9500/3448208.27/0_b3850_e5ea3542_XXL.jpg (120 kB)

http://warfare.be/0702ey70/update/november2012/su34-0.jpg (126 kB)

w6yiqEG7k7E.jpg

I would have thought myself it would have more options, but that's more of a Flanker thing, not a Fullback. OH well though, it's still awesome. =D

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Hehe hope you like it.

Since you put this in motion, any suggestions about what kind of loadout I should use? I am a bit confused about the A3 weapons, or any at that.

I want to make an AA and a CAS layout for the start. Keeping it simple till I understand what I am doing.

As for a loadout, just know this thing is a beast, much are most platforms built from the Flanker series. This thing can carry a crap ton of weaponry. Lets start with the basics though.

-2 Short Air-to-Air Missles.

-2 Medium Air-to-Air Missles.

-4-6 Laser Guided Bombs.

-4 Air-to-Surface bombs. (depending of course on the laser guided amount, in regards to room for available hardpoints)

Another loadout would be around 4 rocket pods, two on each with 4 Air-Air missles, or 4 additional Air-to-Surface bombs, and 1-2 500 lb, bombs, or 6 250lb bombs in the middle hardpoints.

Or, if you really wanted to ruin someones day...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjOdVDEyRQrbsKzhczeT9yD1DTFUgW7FFh3w1DbgYtO-jfS3kYdQ

Edit: Surprisingly, very few. http://warfare.be/0702ey70/update/november2012/su34-0.jpg (126 kB)

woaa but that thing is pretty cool. And I should be able to do that, I like monochrome nonpattern stuff. I will totally try that later !!!

My oh my, so many weapons :S - had I known before... Can we pretend that whoever is operating this had no money left for weapons? like aaf or something.

I'll try my best. I'll start with a combat air patrol as you said with 2 Short Air-to-Air Missles and 2 Medium Air-to-Air Missles.

Then a simple CAS for starters with a few bombs. That other thing we will keep for later : )

@Xhunter33

yea good idea with the Neophron hex pattern. Anyone want to volunteer to make it : )?

Ooooh yeah ! There are so many planes for BLUFOR, US planes ports, but there are so few new planes for OPFOR, I find that it's a pity, and I am very happy to see the SU34 arriving ! I hope that you will think of making a version camouflage CSAT. Good luck !

woaa but that thing is pretty cool. And I should be able to do that, I like monochrome nonpattern stuff. I will totally try that later !!!

My oh my, so many weapons :S - had I known before... Can we pretend that whoever is operating this had no money left for weapons? like aaf or something.

I'll try my best. I'll start with a combat air patrol as you said with 2 Short Air-to-Air Missles and 2 Medium Air-to-Air Missles.

Then a simple CAS for starters with a few bombs. That other thing we will keep for later : )

@Xhunter33

yea good idea with the Neophron hex pattern. Anyone want to volunteer to make it : )?

don't forget, the Su-34 is a Front line Fighter Bomber. Yes, it fulfills both roles. The first loadout i mentioned was almost similar to the Arma 2 original loadout. Can't remember for sure, i believe it had 4 500lb bombs, 4 Air-to-Surface missiles, and 2 or 4 Air-to-Air. Can't remember exactly. =)

BI are behind on avionics.. one would expect at least Strike Fighters-level of simulation. I hope they consider AFM for jets someday.

I agree. Sometimes I think flying went better in OA. At least my An2 flies nicely. But as soon you go a bit faster you really notice.

A few quick texture tests:

2015-01-15_00050.jpg

2015-01-15_00049.jpg

Maybe loadout menu from F-18 to manage weapons and skins?

good idea Przemo, will as soon as theother stuff works.

Thanks Darkside, I think you just made the coverpic for this mod : )

good idea Przemo, will as soon as theother stuff works.

Thanks Darkside, I think you just made the coverpic for this mod : )

=D

If I can somehow rescue the higher quality pictures I'll send those to you via PM.

BI are behind on avionics.. one would expect at least Strike Fighters-level of simulation. I hope they consider AFM for jets someday.
*coughsomeonedoesntknowaboutBIandfixedwingcough*

Well, it was kinda ok in OA, but that was kinda ok because of the Era the game was made in. In 2015 now, i can't believe BIS hasn't come up with a better flight model for fixed wing. But i'm sure at some point these things can be improved. Give it about another year.

Alpha Testing now open, send me a pm if you want to take part

well you don't have to wait. Send me a pm and you can join the alpha test : )

Surface Driving tests

2015-01-18_00004.jpg

2015-01-18_00005.jpg

hmm not quite . (

Also cleaned and polished the windscreen.

Adjusted flight model, actually I now love to fly it. really feels like a jet with steep take offs and sharp turns.

Edited by Sabre_Dust

su34title.jpg

Releasing a public test version 0.33!

All of this is a work in progress - It is not yet signed, as I may change the flight characteristics. Let's consider this a public alpha test.

The Textures are just quick n dirty. Keep in mind that they will change.

looking forward to feedback from you all

Download SU-34 Alpha Version 0.33

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

What do you mean Zukov? I have not planned to change cockpit instrument textures.

I may try to make a new canopy alpha texture though (dirt on windshield). The Arma 2 windshield dirt looks like an 8bit game in the A3 engine.

Only thing I changed from the cockpit other than removing the dirt was to add a blue color to some parts of the inside to make it match John Spartans Su35.