laxemann

Immerse by Jokoho482 and LAxemann

I'm currently re-writing and updating my older mods with the knowledge I gained over the last few years. More performance and stability will be the result.

Also, I'd love some brainstorming on some new ideas for Immerse - Whatever comes to your mind regarding "smaller" immersion features.

Btw., the first updated mod will be climb, with some improved and added features. :)

Cheers

LAxe

LAxeman, if you're still working on this mod I'd like to say thanks a ton. even if you're not, still a big thanks for this!

The weapons in arma3 need something extra, they tend to feel very bland and one dimensional currently. This mod starts to add a little more to them than the feeling of shooting a pellet gun.

A few thoughts to add: the animation of the gun when scoped in is very 2 dimensional, which it is. That removes a lot of the feeling of a rifle actually kicking back. The animations are also very rudimentary and would need to have more of a settling of the rifle after the speed of the initial recoil, not sure if you can help on that. but you've created some pretty damn good mods, so maybe...

the kick of weapons needs to be faster on the up and back force of the actual firing, and then slower with a little more inertia moving back into place, as the force of the rifle kicking and the feel of the rifle then coming back to rest should be different. right now its the same speed in both the firing and recovery and feel pretty much the same all the time. Ideally, again that inertia type animation of the settling would be nice.

breathing? and actually having the rifle move a bit in response to that.

All this thing remind me of how I actually really hope BIS works the depth of weapon handling more, this game has breadth but increasingly feels shallow and very generic when it comes to the actual weapons handling in almost all aspects. And your pack does start help alleviate that feeling. which is great to see. so thanks again!

• Like 1

I think that the mod that adds animation for attaching and detaching weapon components should be included into the pack. Also, add animation for both mounting/unmounting bipods around and for deploying/folding them.

It's not really an feature within the mod but it'd be great to host this on Steam's Workshop as it would increase it's visibility and probably it's adoption since integration is easier for most users.

=

UPDATE!

At this point, I'd once more like to thank my buddy Jokoho482. And so should you! Over the past months, he rewrote pretty much everything in DynaSound, Enhanced Soundscaoe, Suppress and Immerse - even adding features.

He's an awesome and incredibly helpful as well as funny guy. Expect to hear more from him and check out his "main baby", Project Reality A3!

So, let's go:

DOWNLOAD V2.0

Also available via Steam Workshop

2.0 - Completely rewritten by Jokoho482, renamed to "Immerse by Jokoho482 and LAxemann"
      Added: Settings are now handled via the CBA in-game menu. Go to "options -> game -> configure addons"
      Removed: Userconfig

• Like 10

thank you and your buddy jokoho for this!  i love sounds mods as they make arma a lot more immersive and grateful that there are talented folk like yourself that make these..

also a project reality fan so will check that out too :)

Well, congrats...so many people are interested in your script its disabled the dropbox link!

Will wait for it to hit Armaholic :)

• Like 1

Hello!

I'm glad you released a new version. I took a liberty to edit it a little bit in order to add camera shake when firing a vehicle weapon, with different shake levels depending on how big the gun is (or rather how high the hit value is). I really like it came out, it adds some of that missing player feedback to vehicles.

Would you like to know more?

1 hour ago, taro8 said:

Hello!

I'm glad you released a new version. I took a liberty to edit it a little bit in order to add camera shake when firing a vehicle weapon, with different shake levels depending on how big the gun is (or rather how high the hit value is). I really like it came out, it adds some of that missing player feedback to vehicles.

Would you like to know more?

Hey dude,

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Be assured that the feature would be already in if we wanted it, haha :)

Feel free to tweak the mod after your pleasure for private use, though!

Excellent news! one of my favorite mods and so glad to see it on steam workshop!!! :D

I'm really enjoying all the addons you've released over Christmas! Absolutely amazing stuff! However, I am having one issue with the twitch effect, I get this error upon combat or whenever the twitch is supposed to start:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/112986234424858074/7EEF537F1E405969F9C66EE7F7AD04BA7DEFEF73/

2 hours ago, Red Partisan said:

I'm really enjoying all the addons you've released over Christmas! Absolutely amazing stuff! However, I am having one issue with the twitch effect, I get this error upon combat or whenever the twitch is supposed to start:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/112986234424858074/7EEF537F1E405969F9C66EE7F7AD04BA7DEFEF73/

I got the exact same error. 

UPDATE (v2.01)

2.01 - Fixed: Now works with weapons that have a formula instead of a plain number as a caliber entry [Jokoho]

My dropbox reached it's traffic limit, so currently the update is only available via Steam Workshop and this zippyshare link :P

• Like 1

Any chance you can make the force effect less when firing a suppressed weapon?

Btw this might be my favorite mod for arma.

UPDATE (V2.02)

Download

2.02 - Fixed: Error messages in Zeus [Jokoho]
       Fixed: Issue with put in fired EH

• Like 5

UPDATE (2.03)

Download in first post/workshop

2.03 - Fixed: Using a satchel will no longer shake your screen [Joko]

• Like 3

Hello, I think I found a bug with this mod. This bug occurs only when this mod is loaded, so I'm sure It's related with this mod. (I had the same bug with JSRS soundmod few days ago, so I'm linking this for a reference purpose. https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/202118-jsrs-soundmod-6171129/?do=findComment&comment=3253978 )

When this mod is loaded, the guided arty (both "Laser guided" and "Guided") shells aren't guided to anything. They don't hit the target. Whereas without this mod, the shells hit the exact spot where it's supposed to hit. 

To reproduce this bug: Load Immerse mod. Simply make a mission with Artillery, Infantry observer, an enemy vehicle target, and Support module set. Play as the Infantry observer. Request Laser guided or Guided artillery support at the target. Laze the target if you have requested Laser guided shell. You can see the shells doesn't hit the target.

Please have a look in this bug. Thank you for making this mod btw:)

Small issue to report: if you or an AI deactivate an explosive, the mod produces a screen shake effect. Is this intended? Maybe to simulate some anxiety 😉