sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

and thirdly, an amazing new high quality model of the m1a1 thompson - for those guilty Elias-like sprayer moments:

ain't she purty?

CmV0sAO.jpg

RSqPSrw.jpg

OoNlV7A.jpg

9sYUTqQ.jpg

5awbq4d.jpg

Wp6nw1O.jpg

GWqnOND.jpg

Qtcdrus.jpg

• Like 8

we've nearly exhausted luchadors supply of pre-made stuff.

He has offered us this bundle for a great 50% discounted price of $120 if anyone else is feeling like making a donation

RPG-7 ($59)

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-rpg-7-launcher/593780

kar-98 with scope ($79)

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-kar98k-rifle/730996

type 100 $59

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-100-polys/706869

M67 $39 (we want this for use on webbing!)

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-m67-grenade/774657

5X0zVcE.jpg

BnmJ537.jpg

pVFfzvF.jpg

Q980tFK.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Oddball-47 Ronin. Some great new gear updates make the suck suck slightly less every day :)

I`d never use the thing (I`m a hopeless addict of the battle rifle), but that tommy looks super sweet. So many great models around now, with the texturing to match.

• Like 1

Please add all the diffirent  loadouts for the helos. Get tired of the same old stuff all the time.tnx

42 minutes ago, john1 said:

Please add all the diffirent  loadouts for the helos. Get tired of the same old stuff all the time.tnx

This is the kind of feedback that is blatantly useless.... and here is why...

1. What exactly don't you like?

2. How would you improve it?

3. What "helos" specifically?

4. You do realize this is a historical MOD .... they go through great pains to simulate things as accurately as possible....

5. If you are that tired why don't you move on?

6. adding "tnx" at the end  does not make a stupid post ok.... 

Don't complain or present something as a problem unless you properly lay out some facts or a solution. 

I could probably go on for a little while like this but I am sure it would force some millennial into a safe space far from the provinces of Vietnam. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, john1 said:

I don't think posts requesting stuff are welcomed.

Eh, just wait for dynamic loadout to hit the main branch. Then it'll be possible (with some config changes) to give the helos any loadout you want.

On 02/03/2017 at 2:52 PM, eggbeast said:

we've nearly exhausted luchadors supply of pre-made stuff.

He has offered us this bundle for a great 50% discounted price of $120 if anyone else is feeling like making a donation

RPG-7 ($59)

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-rpg-7-launcher/593780

kar-98 with scope ($79)

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-kar98k-rifle/730996

type 100 $59

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-100-polys/706869

M67 $39 (we want this for use on webbing!)

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-m67-grenade/774657

Hi

I can't afford the whole shebang due to illness,  but I would love to help with this; however, this rubbish forum s/w does not diisplay links in a remotely acceptable fashion.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images and inappropriate comments
  • Like 1

yes we would like it but if we buy as a bundle we pay half price, so please pm me thanks!

as for the guy with the loadout question - don't feed the trolls.

• Like 2

Just a short question :)

since all your new maps are of such outstanding quality, do you consider making the older outdated maps an optional download ?

cheers and keep it up !

27 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Just a short question :)

since all your new maps are of such outstanding quality, do you consider making the older outdated maps an optional download ?

cheers and keep it up !

Unfortunately no, as we promise that all work done with the UNSUNG mod doesn't leave it without express permission of the creator of the asset. So we will not be able to split anything up from each other, sorry.

be prepared - with the new maps and buildings and vehicles coming up the download is gonna increase by another 3 gb most likely. if you dont have the internet connection for it, then you're playing the wrong mod, sorry. we make it for ourselves and the thousands of guys and gals who send us private messages of thanks, who never come onto any forums to complain or request changes to suit them. we will never cater to the lowest spec internet or pc, we make it work for the general gamer, if we can cope, then so should you, or else play another game. basically you cant play modded arma 3 without being up for downloading 50Gb+ of mods anyway. it's been the same situation since arma 1 days.

if you play a moddable game, expect big downloads.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, eggbeast said:

if you play a moddable game, expect big downloads.

Quite right. However as one of the unfortunates limited to expensive metered MBB, it would be good to have some advance warning of likely release date so as to keep B/W available. And no, this is not a "when will..." post. Simply requesting a post indicating likely update release a week or three in advance; non-binding ofc.

Whenever you & the team release it is fine with me, I just want be able to grab it asap when you do :)

we already did that orc. echo is scheduled for may and fox in november. it's a few pages back. not sure how that news affects  anyone though in terms of what they do about it.

• Like 3

Thanks eggbeast. I'll keep my May download plan empty until the release.

• Like 1

Questions.

1. I do really thank you for heli music tracks, but there is two points - I can't stop them, 'cause there is no action menu for it, and I can run 2 or more tracks simultaneously from one heli. Is it Arma fault or just something overlooked?

2. If I take something from heli inventory by rightclicking it - most of the time this thing is gone into oblivion. Be that flare gun or M16. Had you something in slot or not. Most of the time, what was in the slot will have to go into oblivion too.

3. Then you take M203 from heli inventory, the bandoleer with grenades (by right click) moves into ammo slot of M203. 0_0 And cannot be used after that.

That is just what I found in 10 min messing in Eden. Things like not working artificial horizons and other dials I should not even mention, I believe.

1 - dont press the play button more than once lol - thats a dick move on a public server. not controllable by us as the engine doesnt allow you to stop a sound once started. so learn to be patient and press it once to play your tune then wait for the track to finish. or dont play them at all if you can't help yourself like some damn people on our servers.

2 - fixed already, was a limit in the weight capacity of the heli causing that

3 - not sure about that, maybe 2 will have it fixed

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there anyway to turn off the jungle ambience and Vietnamese chatter, kinda ruins the immersion when I'm not playing on a jungle map or without any vietnamese, I just love the vehicles and weapons too much.  

The pics are very nice!

Congrats on this work!

Dumb question though:

Although the models and textures are very nice on these pics, how come we can't have the same render in-game?

I mean, generally speaking - not only on this mod.

And to be clear, it's not to criticize, it's a real question, I'm just curious.

45 minutes ago, rocket man said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there anyway to turn off the jungle ambience and Vietnamese chatter, kinda ruins the immersion when I'm not playing on a jungle map or without any vietnamese, I just love the vehicles and weapons too much.  

only way to do that is to disable the mod we don't make this mod for other uses than vietnam war, that's the point of it. sorry, but we don't want to spend time making it compatible with all kinds of other unpredictable uses that WE will never want to use.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wiki said:

The pics are very nice!

Although the models and textures are very nice on these pics, how come we can't have the same render in-game?.

it's a worthwhile question. we would love to know the answer too.

it takes a really good texture artist to make textures like those you've seen on the renders, but those renders are done in a goldfish bowl lighting environment in a special program to make them look fantastic, often tailored just for that model, then we convert the model to p3d and the textures get mounted into an rvmat file that tweaks how they appear in game. at this point me n razorback are kinda experimenting with the settings to make the model shiny and keep its colour, and not looked washed out or too black, or too wet and oily looking etc. we aren't texture artists so we tend to bodge it up a bit, especially as how they look in buldozer can differ when you get them in game, and more so at night and in shadow.

we have learneda lot from looking at how the NI Arms guys do their models - as they use different rvmats for each texture/ surface material, like wooden stock, or ironsight, or scope, or glass, or sling etc we tend to have one rvmat on each weapon, so that's probably part of the issue.

what we need is a dedicated artist to work through our 200+ models and make them look perfect in game, without paid staff we can only do what we do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eggbeast said:

it's a worthwhile question. we would love to know the answer too.

it takes a really good texture artist to make textures like those you've seen on the renders, but those renders are done in a goldfish bowl lighting environment in a special program to make them look fantastic, often tailored just for that model, then we convert the model to p3d and the textures get mounted into an rvmat file that tweaks how they appear in game. at this point me n razorback are kinda experimenting with the settings to make the model shiny and keep its colour, and not looked washed out or too black, or too wet and oily looking etc. we aren't texture artists so we tend to bodge it up a bit, especially as how they look in buldozer can differ when you get them in game, and more so at night and in shadow.

what we need is a dedicated artist to work through our 200+ models and make them look perfect in game, without paid staff we can only do what we do.

Ok, thx for the answer and explanation :-)

Keep up your work, you're doing great!

i should also mention that the arma engine tends to wash the detail out of models too by default. so it's a hard job to bring it all back.