sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

So at this stage we as a team have not discussed upgrading our models. Our focus is getting all the other stuff in and running on A3 first.

Sav

Sounds good to me. The sooner the mod appears in A3 the better :)

Upgrading - where needed - can follow as your time permits.

Again, if & when you want testers I would be delighted to assist (SP only).

wiki added to my ignore list

i really do not like people entering threads with demands and negative criticism when they have never lifted a finger to work on the mod.

anyone else doing that also gets added to ignore list, so we never see his dumb posts

Such a dumbass.

1st it wasn't a demand, just a question and 2nd it seems you damn moron can only accept good feedback, not criticism. You're not God on earth you pathetic idiot.

Last and not least, you tell me I never done anything for the mod?

Yeah, right, I just did some beta test on ArmA 2 versions, created missions and campaigns to promote the mod, nothing else.

• Like 1

Creating missions really take some time. Don't forget the mission maker create them during his free time for you. The least you can do is to thank him for his work.

Wiki,

That quote is from your thread - maybe you should extend that courtesy to other content-makers rather than calling them names and judging the quality of their work out of hand.

Wiki,

That quote is from your thread - maybe you should extend that courtesy to other content-makers rather than calling them names and judging the quality of their work out of hand.

I thanked them when the mod was released on A2, did some test for them, created missions and campaign to promote the mod.

I didn't just came here and said "it sucks".

And why the fuck on Earth can't we say whether I like it or not, or say "this CAN be improved"?

If I think, on this mod or any other one, that something can be changed or improved, or that I didn't like it and why, what and who the hell are you to tell me to shut up?

• Like 1

Agreed.

I asked a question and Savage answered me. Good. Now, I'll keep supporting this mod in spite of eggbeast and the other one who can't stand criticisms.

Incident is over.

• Like 1

To all parties involved in this furball its just a case of a misunderstanding.

Wiki is entitled to his opinion however it seems that people can take it the wrong way.

I have followed wikis comments for a while now and have acted on his criticism to better the mod.

I cannot nor would i speak on behalf of my team members but to create a mod like the unsung theres a lot of pain sweat and tears.

Again theres a lot that goes on behind the scenes coupled with real life events that can really push your limits. I ask all parties involved please stop this bickering and lets focus on the getting this bad boy into a3

To all parties involved in this furball its just a case of a misunderstanding.

Wiki is entitled to his opinion however it seems that people can take it the wrong way.

I have followed wikis comments for a while now and have acted on his criticism to better the mod.

I cannot nor would i speak on behalf of my team members but to create a mod like the unsung theres a lot of pain sweat and tears.

Again theres a lot that goes on behind the scenes coupled with real life events that can really push your limits. I ask all parties involved please stop this bickering and lets focus on the getting this bad boy into a3

Yes I agree with you 110% to get this mod into A3:cool:

I agree that Huey might use a bit of a touch-up. It is the icon of the Vietnam War, afterall, and your to-go helo for both infantry transport and fire support (so it's gonna be seen up close a lot).

What I'd really love would be AFM support for it, though. Even without a new model, that would greatly benefit helo pilots who'd like to try their hand on that legendary machine (not to mention bomb Charlies to "Ride of the Valkyries :) ).

well we have valkyries and about 10 types of huey in a2

Oh, I am excited about this!

I love all Vietnam and WW2 mods ;)

It was a really complete and well-made mod in Arma 2, so it would be a dream to have it in Arma 3 :)

Keep it up with the awesome work!

Yes it was a big and complete mod in Arma 2, It will be a huge under taking to bring it to Arma 3 I'm sure.

I hope it doesn't take too long to bring the first of many releases for Unsung. :)

Unsung,

have you thought of cooperating with RHS and other open teams like CUP, FFAA?

Perhaps they could donate a model or two.

A community like Arma's, IMO, should collaborate with each other, unless people are in the modding purely for showing off their modeling / tex skills and are afraid of competition (this is def a very rare case, indeed).

Unsung, keep in mind that we're always supporting you when needed!

Good luck in the development! Making a Vietnam mod for A3 is a daunting task, which I'm sure you're capable of to deliver in top quality and functionality ;)

we do collaborate with CUP and CWR2 and RHS in all sorts of ways, and PRACS and other groups and individuals, but vietnam era kit is not in anybody elses arsenal but ours, generally speaking.

we do collaborate with CUP and CWR2 and RHS in all sorts of ways, and PRACS and other groups and individuals, but vietnam era kit is not in anybody elses arsenal but ours, generally speaking.

What about Vietnam era assets from other Vietnam MODs (Vietnam The Experience, etc.). Are they valuable? I remember Unsung 2.6 being the best Vietnam mod for A2CO single-handedly.

I'm sure this'll stay true when it comes to A3.

Hi

Quick question - does the current A2/CO water buffalo have attachment points (e.g., for panniers/weapon crates) or to be ridden by a unit? If not, could they be added for A3?

Cheers

Orc

it has them and it works in SP

re models etc, if you know of any good authors we should contact fire away man, but VTE is not on our radar, it has its own destiny.

it has them and it works in SP.

Excellent, thanks eggbeast :)

I saw a lot of buffalo being used as beasts of burden in the Vietnamese countryside just a few years ago; also women field workers riding them between their homes & the fields.

Actually it occurs to me that bicycles were frequently used to transport arms ad other material along routes like the Ho Chi Minh trail. Do A2/CCO bikes have attachment points?

no, but we did add a NVA 12 man bicycle patrol

what about the other vietnam mod thats released? it was made by alduric but taken over by someone else... maybe see if they can join forces??? why make 2 vietnam mods when you can make 1 kick ass one alltogether :D unsung being the badass community favorite

what about the other vietnam mod thats released? it was made by alduric but taken over by someone else... maybe see if they can join forces??? why make 2 vietnam mods when you can make 1 kick ass one alltogether :D unsung being the badass community favorite

The Unsung mod is the definitive Vietnam War mod for the Arma series with VTE being a good second (IMHO). Alduric and Devil who were working on the other mod you were referring to have joined the Unsung mod crew already, I believe if not full members at least contributors.

this make lot of sense, having one single mod but more complete would be best

The Unsung mod is the definitive Vietnam War mod for the Arma series with VTE being a good second (IMHO). Alduric and Devil who were working on the other mod you were referring to have joined the Unsung mod crew already, I believe if not full members at least contributors.

It is confirmed both Aldruric and devilslayerbane have joined the unsung :)

We are combining our efforts to bring Vietnam to A3