Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

[Fri, Dec 26th] Isla Duala for A3 Opening Party: Bloody Xmas Multiplayer Op!

Hope you have addons already set up.... (see pic in the 1st post to install all needed).
quick check, if i have duala 3.1 now it'll be fine right? (J. Takel USEC)

Hey guys, server passwords for TS3 and game server have been sent to your emails!

If you have any problems, drop me an email! Cya in few hours!

Not seeing it in my inbox. Have all the mods installed so can just even send the details via PM :)

My outgoing mail server is blocking traffic to hotmail / live.com / live.ca

Please send me PM here if you didn't get my email!

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Otherwise, I cannot add all the latest folks to the list - busy with other stuff - but there will be more than 32 of us ;)

D.Andersen from USEC will be coming if he can fly. He'll join up TS at the beginning either way as well.

See you in an hour!

Sorry I couldn't stay any longer, had fun with all the guys but was struggling with FPS and eventually the game crashed.

Yeah, same here. RHS 0.3 & AGM combo is crashing a server like crazy.

At least you were all persistent and made the Phase 1 part so we can continue with Phase 2 next week ;)

Continue Phase 2? What is this! I crashed my Littlebird into the objective like a champ and finished Phase 2 for the team. :P But in all seriousness I had a lot of fun and my ArmA didn't crash once.

Phase 1 objectives were:

1. Capture Numbo

Enter the town and clear it of Molatians dressed as civilians!

2. Remove the bomb set in Larenga Church.

Terrorists occupied a church in Larenga. Neutralize them all and remove the bomb somehow.

3. Destroy three AA Camps near border

Take out Russian Shilka emplacements at AA1, AA2 and AA3. This will enable us to do Air Support, at least in a limited way (A10s, AH64), but they have a lot more AA in Molatia, dont forget that.

4. Disarm Tasmera Jungle (3 ammo caches)

Sweep the swamps and jungle for three hidden ammo caches.

5.Destroy Molatian fuel dump

We will have to get across the border and blow up three fuel trucks that Molatians use to refuel their armor. We might even capture some armor there refuelling.

Phase 2

We didn't complete it yet. There are still couple of objectives: find & destroy ammo dump, demolish experimental weapon loaded on a truck, destroy General's car collection, kill Mayor of Bolabongo etc.

Phase 3

In that Phase 3 the President, Gen. Baptiste, is fleeing his Villa and takes shelter in one of safehouses. We have intel where those houses all might be.

AARs are being prepared, I'll do one from the "other side" ;)

I suggest drop RHS for now and definitely add TFAR... comms were just one huge mess.

Yeah if i had to give my 2 cents to better the next mission it would be add TFAR. Having my squad mates talk on TS while at the same time the leader of another squad is trying to send me info just made it so confusing. If TFAR is added my squads chatter would be moved to direct channels and I can drown it out.

The complete Bravo Squad AAR has been submitted to Icebreakr to post at his convenience.

In terms of technical difficulties and personal preferences, let me say this. I enjoyed the hell out of the various mods although it was my first time using many of them. It was a shame that they did not perform without conflicts (resulting in crashes). Before the Op I had only used ShackHUD once and had never used AGM. Personally, I could have performed better had I taken the time to properly acclimatise myself to AGM , ShackHUD and their associated features. I also agree with Slatts' observation regarding TS within your own squad and contacting other squad leaders. I've not used TFAR, so can't comment on that. I'm an ACRE veteran from A2.

-FM-

We will do the required changes and let you know of the Duala Burning: Part Deux ;)

AAR Report: US-BRAVO TEAM

Written by: FM

-FM-BloodyXmas_Duala-AAR.jpg

We need to solve the desync issue (J.James help! hehe), we usually got the CTD when we saw a chopper doing a desync like this with this RHS Mi-8MTV:

(excuse my french, haha - I swear because: 1. we've ordered a rocket run on a enemy M113 but probably hit our weapons cache in the same area 2. my men were there danger close)

Also, managed to flank this guy in a light assault chopper hovering in a valley.

My "death from above" screenshot:

deathfromabove.jpg ;)

I've managed to fire it up with an AK74, he plummeted down into the river to my surprise ;) I've managed to down 3 of them with AA Strelas ;) Zeus has been generous with equipment =)

Well, I suggest get RHS out for now, seems like a lot of issues with it and together with AGM. Next, cleanup scripts in the mission (got a feeling there is something looping all the time). You can PM me the mission file and I can take a look at it, to see if there is anything strange in there.

You didn't monitor the server FPS, right? Would be useful, but either way I believe the desync was happening to very very low server FPS, most likely because of the AI (and GAIA spawning it). I also know MCC isn't well optimized (and so GAIA), I suggest to rather use another AI mod, like ASR AI, Vcom, DaC...etc.

A pity me and my mates couldn't be there fighting with you.

Unfortunately i've read you encountered some stability problems.Just my 2 cents:We always use AGM+RHS+TFAR modset(up to 30+ players) and never encountered global problems(just client problem with agm medical) at one condition:not using fast moving vehicles(like helos and planes, especially with airborne troops inside) they just kill server fps and create a mess of desync to clients because of the prediction system used to display fast moving units in arma.

Also we avoid script intensive utilityes such as MCC,and we allocate Ai to the HC to offload the server.About Zeus i can't add anything since i never really used it and i don't know how he perform in a crowded mp enviroment.

Server rpt also,could give more informations of loop and other nasty things that may ruin the game.

ps:the AAR by FM was brillant.i can see the film of the battles trough it!

We also use multiple Mods (Upto 45) including AGM+TFAR+RHS and they work great along. For the AI we use ASR_Ai and some mission side Scripts, for AI Caching and moving it to the HC we use this Script.

Edited by christian2526

We play with AGM+TFAR and a lot of other mods in my community, never encountered FPS issues with fast-moving vehicles, and we don't run headless client yet (we do have a beast of a server though). I don't think RHS has any problems, only few "doesn't have this feature" or internal bugs like AFM wheels glitch. For compatibility with AGM you can look at AGM Compatibility Project, but you have to binarise and sign the PBOs yourself. Removing parts of RHS I heard it's not advisable, either way as long as you don't spawn it there shouldn't be problems. But then again problems are because low FPS.

@IceBreakr best would be to supply us with an .rpt log, we can basically see everything from there, also send me a mission file for closer look if you can and maybe server configuration.

@Zio Sam may I ask what kind of script do you use to offload AI to the HC?

I think FM is going to need me as his super medic again :P.

lol, I deffo need more practice with AGM. Trying to learn it on the fly affected my situational awareness, hence the episode where I was run down by the M113! The other times, well, I just suck! Lol!

@Zio Sam may I ask what kind of script do you use to offload AI to the HC?

exactly the one posted by christian2526.the script is made by Naught

but i'm not aware if it works with zeus

Oh haha, he edited the post right after I posted. :D

Yeah, I just yesterday did A LOT of testing with that script as we are probably going to start using it. The only problem is that when a unit is on HC, issuing Zeus waypoints won't work, waypoint will be there but the unit won't move - not a big deal though.

What is there even without HC is Zeus being implemented very poorly about AI locality. Zeus spawned units are always local to the machine it was spawned on (Zeus' PC) and so won't work with Headless Client at all. When Zeus disconnects they get transferred to dedicated. If you use a script to spawn in units after mission start it should also work (that's what the forum thread says at least), just not for Zeus as they are on your PC and not on dedicated and so the script won't even see it.

That gives me an idea, I'll try spawning units with Zeus and then disconnecting so units get transferred to dedicated and maybe script will pick it up.

BTW, sorry for hijacking this thread. :P

We need to solve the desync issue (J.James help! hehe), we usually got the CTD when we saw a chopper doing a desync like this with this RHS Mi-8MTV..

Sililar desync happand to me and 3 other SBP players while playing a mission with 20AI, no scripts, no nothing using RHS+AGM on Duala.

A friend was flying a blackhawk and sudenlj it started cutting the sound of it, like every second for 20-30 seconds, but no one had any FPS drops, so I think it's more addon problem.

Also JJ could you contact me on PM about optimising our teams server?

Thaks.