code34

[MP][COOP] COMBAT ASSAULT - Official Thread

Hi code34,

Just saw this post. I will update my server with this version and my group will play some sessions and I will provide some feedback asap.

Actually there are two issues that we have with previous version that I might mention.

1. It seams that on respawn, the mission is, randomly,  moving players to different groups and the 'groups menu' action item sometimes does not appear in the list and even when it does it usually doesn't work.

2. We use ACRE2 and often, again on respawn, players have to put their ACRE radio on the ground and pick it back up to regain radio function. I don't know if this is an ACRE issue or something to do with how the mission applies the players loadout on respawn.

That being said, we still very much enjoy this mission. So, as always, thanks for your great work.

Just thought of a third thought.

3. I wonder if it would be possible to have the mission favor towns somewhat when selecting random AO locations. Maybe make this a mission parameter 'favor towns' or not.

Wow, ideas just keep popping into my head...

4. How about the idea of not immediately revealing the enemy occupied areas at mission start. So that some sort if recon is needs to happen in order to locate the enemy. Maybe only reveal the objective markers where there are specific objectives. Or don't reveal anything until a player is with some distance from one of the occupied sectors, and only then reveal that group of sectors and objectives.

Hello Tuskegee_99th

Thanks you for all those good ideas :) I will try to find a really interesting challenge concerning the 4. and previous feed back concerning intel, and other thing like dynamic generation of mission with element on map.

Points 1,2,3 should be the more easier to do, and i will look for them in the next release.

hi

just report the information concerning the Acre restore problem at this link:

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/193813-advanced-combat-radio-environment-2-acre2/?page=22

for this point

1. It seams that on respawn, the mission is, randomly,  moving players to different groups and the 'groups menu' action item sometimes does not appear in the list and even when it does it usually doesn't work.

on this mission, there is no group menu :D are you sure it s not one of your mod that doesn't work as expected ? :) fior the group problem, is there an impact on other function ?

Hi,

We use the ShackTac User Interface which provides a squad radar at the bottom middle of the screen. With it you only see the members of your group. If you alone in your group the radar does not even render. When we start a session of Combat Assault everyone has the ShackTac squad radar at the bottom of there screen with the appropriate group members shown on the radar. Often, but not always, when someone respawns they will either have no squad radar at the bottom of their screen, or if they do no all members of the group they were in are shown, or someone else who was not a member of their original group is on the radar, the later is why we believe that respawn is inadvertently moving players to a different group.

I'm sorry, I got the groups menu thing mixed up with another mission where we have the same issue, BattleZone Altis, that mission has the 'groups menu' action item which doesn't seem to work correctly.

6 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

Hi,

We use the ShackTac User Interface which provides a squad radar at the bottom middle of the screen. With it you only see the members of your group. If you alone in your group the radar does not even render. When we start a session of Combat Assault everyone has the ShackTac squad radar at the bottom of there screen with the appropriate group members shown on the radar. Often, but not always, when someone respawns they will either have no squad radar at the bottom of their screen, or if they do no all members of the group they were in are shown, or someone else who was not a member of their original group is on the radar, the later is why we believe that respawn is inadvertently moving players to a different group.

I'm sorry, I got the groups menu thing mixed up with another mission where we have the same issue, BattleZone Altis, that mission has the 'groups menu' action item which doesn't seem to work correctly.

ok :) i just fix it on git, add all players in the same group.

Putting it on my groups server right now. We will test this evening and the next couple of days and I'll get you some feedback.

Just noticed that this is the mission folder, no .pbo. I'm ok with loading it into the editor myself and exporting it. But wondered did you mean to do that?

thanks you so much :) holidays time is for me funny development time  :don15:

So I imported the mission into the Eden editor and exporting to multiplayer. I ran the mission via a locally hosted server. The paradrop function does not seem to work correctly now with the new base unpack system. With the base unpacked or not, paradrop just returns you to the location of the truck or unpacked base.

I will say that I like having the mission files because I can set the default parameters the way our group likes them. So I hope you don't mind continuing to provide the unpacked mission folder in the future.

Yes :) it s normal currently, you can only paradrop in the blue marker around the base. Im thinking about those kind of modifications. It still on going, so there is a lot of things that are not polish and only test.

For the code, it s not a problem, i always publish my source on github :don15:

hi

After a long time, i just fixed combat assault to 1.4 with more than 400 comits of difference with last officiel version.

You can try the release candidate at this place:

https://github.com/code34/combat_assault.altis/tree/1.4

It will be the lastest version before the 2.0 fully dedicated to MILSIM.

• Like 2

If the game is saved to the server restart?

currently no because thos games are scheduled to be played quickly (4 hours max)

Oly score are saved at this moment :)

do you have any request about it ?

• Like 1

There is no specific support for external mod, i have already enough work with my mods :)

but normaly natively, all mods: weapons , vehicles, maps are already supported & detected by combat assault.

anyfeedback about this version ? :)

Hi code34,

Great news about the release of 1.4. Just downloaded it and tried it with a locally created server. I'm getting an error related to BME, something like a library missing. Any ideas?

hi :(

Can you copy me please or screenshot the error i m going to look for this ? Sometimes if it's occur only during the first second of the mission, it s not important just relative error to init but it doesn't affect the mission working.