Sign in to follow this  
tobinator

Arma 3 Open Life | Public RPG Mod

- Project cancelled. I have no more interest in RPG modifications in arma 3 -

Edited by tobinator

I've never really been a player of the life mods, but I like that you are trying to make one that is open. But I think I might be able to help you with your "Too many faces" issue :)

i see you said you created one of the models in sketchup, is it possible to somehow UV map the texture from how you have applied it in sketchup? (ie:export as a UV map or something like that idk)

thanks

(sent from mobile)

i see you said you created one of the models in sketchup, is it possible to somehow UV map the texture from how you have applied it in sketchup? (ie:export as a UV map or something like that idk)

thanks

(sent from mobile)

Yes, it is possible(with an extension in SketchUp). Why are you asking?

I am asking because I have tried to create models for a3 with sketchup but never was able to export with the textures, and clearly you must know how since you did it.

can you post a link to that extension you used? Thanks. :)

I am asking because I have tried to create models for a3 with sketchup but never was able to export with the textures, and clearly you must know how since you did it.

can you post a link to that extension you used? Thanks. :)

I don't care really for the textures in SketchUp, I'm going to replace them later, I just done it with File->Export->3D Model(Don't know exactly how it is in english). But the Plugin is called "SketchUV".

Ok, thank you very much. Good luck with your mod, and its good to see some people who are making an "open" mod, just be careful where people get their models from since you dont want to run into issues.

Ok, thank you very much. Good luck with your mod, and its good to see some people who are making an "open" mod, just be careful where people get their models from since you dont want to run into issues.

Thank you:)

Well, if so many apparently want to play Life, and other want to mod in that direction - why not, unavoidable anyway. Maybe it is some kind of solution for all those copyright violations nad pay-to-play stupidity discussed so hard lately. To mobilize handful of willing and capable people from the community and create yet another Life mod, but simply best and then hosted 100% free of charge, so all those shady "toss a coin" Life servers will be desolated.

I agree Rydygier... I have washed my hands of life missions/mods long ago but I am glad that someone is taking time to create the mods in an open source/free way. This community has room for everyone as long as we're working together and not scamming our fellow man.

After I had no time to work for the mod, I finally got the time. I created a list with things that are needed here. There are a lot of things that must be done and I would be happy if some of you could provide things for the mod!

EDIT: btw can any moderator remove the poll pls?

Edited by Tobinator

I'm still searching a team. Could use any help! So please write me an e-mail(tobias@delvo.net) or add me on steam an write me there.

Edited by Tobinator

I cancelled the project(I have no more interest in RPG modifications in arma). Thread can be closed.