Rydygier

Rydygier's Trivia Vault

This is gold man, love the Incognito and thanks for just putting the source out for us to use.

I'd love to fiddle with incognito to facilitate an insurgent/guerilla mission where you can move about behind lines/in enemy presence undetected unless you're being suspicious. Looks promising

After playing with LI I also added Incognito and found a nasty bug,the option to connect to an UAV dissapears.To repro add any UAV and UAV terminal for your side and you'll notice you can connect to the drone only the first few seconds,after that the option wont show up anymore and you won't see any drone if you browse on your terminal.

After I removed Incognito everything went back to normal(of course you could still play with it,but without the option to control drones).

Probably a side effect. IIRC UAV terminals are dedictaed to particular side - only units of that side may use them. Meanwhile Incognito works on "setCaptive true" which IIRC again changes unit's side to civilian. 

Yeah probably switching to civ side causes this,I double checked before testing that I had both the terminal and the drone for my side(in this case AAF).

Quick incognito question? Would having a rifle in a backpack count the same way grenades/throwables do in terms of making you be considered armed?

IIRC as for personal arms incognito is put at risk when some weapon is in hand (current weapon) or in the primary/secondary weapon slots in the inventory. Excluding throwables. Weapon in the backpack shouldn't break incognito. 

Hi Rydygier,

Is there any feature to turn Incognito ON or OFF? I have some missions that could not detect player in area - when played with Incognito.

On the other hand I would also like to have the Incognito mod.

Thanks

Sorry, but no. You can only switch the difficulty via 0-8 menu. If Incognito scripts are messing up something with mission scripts, safer not play with Incognito anyway. BTW Incognito begins its doings about 20-30 seconds after mission start (and player is not null). It bases mainly on switching the player and his group captive status true/false with additional changing of player's group sbehavior and combat mode. Maybe that infor will be helpful anyhow. 

Would it be possible to extend Liability Insurance to prevent deaths from friendly fire? bCombat used to have something like this, but it stopped working. Seems like it would be a good fit, considering AI, in addition to running over each other, also likes to shoot each other occasionally.

Technically should be doable to sift off damage caused by an object fired by an ally, especially after this additon to the HandleDamage EH:

(Since Arma 3 v1.65)

instigator: Object - Person who pulled the trigger

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#HandleDamage

Because you can easily check the side of this person, and check it's relations with hit person side.

But personally I wouldn't add such thing to the LI. Friendly fire is something, that is much more realistic risk on the battlefield, than "friendly vehicle ramming". With such mod, player will become reckless about "shooting through allies" and as well about staying on the allied line of fire. Perhaps wounds should be possible then, but not death, and filter could apply to AI on AI situations only - doable, but still I dislike. If however anyone willing capable wants - LI code is free to use and modify and fairly simple.

Are these mods still compatible with despite 2 years worth of updates to A3?

@Rydygier do you have any plans to distribute them on Steam's Workshop?

• Like 1

Someday, if I free my mind from RL work for long enough to go back to Arma modding, probably I'll review also these small mods, update, if necessary and perhas try to publish them on Workshop, why not. Just no idea, when it may be. 

Although so far I was seriously dissapointed with Steam's Workshop reliability. Was unable to update many of my earlier entries there, also users reported issues, with scenarios mostly, thus I'm reluctant as for encouraging people to rely on Workshop. Even, if I upload something there, usually I recommend manual install from other source and ignoring Workshop. 

• Like 3

@Rydygier thanks for letting Robalo integrate your Incognito mod into his ASR AI3 mod:

• Like 1

You may want to add the following code to the Big Trunks mod in order to include the RHS US MRAPs, like the M1232:

class Truck_01_base_F: Truck_F
          {
          maximumLoad = <a_couple_bajillions>;
          };

Hello @Rydygier, any chance you can add something to the otherwise excellent Incognito mod? Say I am incognito in my car, in civilian clothes and a holstered handgun (typical Pilgrimage start on Very Hard). I enter a vehicle, drive around, then when I come out of it the Arma3 engine makes me automatically take out my handgun and I am instantly exposed. Is there any way to make it so if one enters a vehicle with holstered weapon, he will exit it with the weapon still holstered? Thanks.

Still have no free time/mind for Arma, but a question - this holstering is modded solution, right? If so, much better would be to do such correction inside that mod, not some external scripted "patchwork". Seems, like thing in general related with animations system, where unit after disembarking animation goes into some default weapon handling animation/action, and if so, it is more about some less or more awkward workaround than real solution, kind of "put my handgun to the vest/backpack at vehicle embarking" thing, or some fast juggling with actions/animations at disembark, but I'm not sure, not up to date with Arma right now. 

5 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Still have no free time/mind for Arma

OK, just checking, never mind. Thanks again for Pilgrimage and all the mods.

Hello the for this awesome addon !!

but it’s possible to add a condition with uniform. For exemple special clothes ? 

Thxx in advancee:D

Thanks. 

You mean Incognito, right? Rather not. As I see, uniform's config has no value for native side nor faction, so no reliable way to determine in the code, if given uniform should alarm someone or not. 

Thanks for your quick response! 

Yes incognito ;) 

In fact what I would like is that the code runs only if the player wears a clothes or even an object.

Otherwise, the player keep is side.

Do you think  you can help me?

Edited by Sayker

Well, I'm not willing to work on this right now, other stuff on mind, but you may try yourself. Here's not tested hint. Find this line:

_unit setVariable ["RYD_INC_Compromised",((_unit getVariable ["RYD_INC_Exposed",false]) or {(_armed) or {(_wrongVeh) or {(_firing) or {(_recognized)}}}})];

and change it this way:

_unit setVariable ["RYD_INC_Compromised",((_unit getVariable ["RYD_INC_Exposed",false]) or {(_armed) or {(_wrongVeh) or {(_firing) or {(_recognized) or {not ((toLower (uniform _unit)) in ["here","uniform","classes","all lower case"])}}}}})];

Lower case classes of uniforms, that should give you the chance for incognito put inside [these] instead of current content:

["here","uniform","classes","all lower case"]

If also some other object - code in this line will change/become more complex depending on the kind of object (its location in the inventory). 

Hey I was wondering if the liability insurance is on the steam workshop. Just getting back into Arma but I see the AI driving is still the same lol