cirav

Map Wake Island

Been Playing this map on the Battle Royale mod. There are six glitched buildings in the military offices area where you sink through the floor up to your knees and can't go to the second floor via the inside staircase. There is the potential for exploiting by laying prone and being able to see through the walls.

http://i.imgur.com/1phv2cF.jpg (176 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/4DASE8d.jpg (295 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/451brhK.jpg (295 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/AFBj6iW.jpg (328 kB)

Hi there - very pretty map. Impressed.

Would it be possible to fix the "Roadways" leading to the runway. The Ai just drive straight up the side road to the main runway but instead of turning to stage and takeoff they just keep going and drive out onto the beach. Amazingly F18's will make it off, just scraping the surface of the waves with their wheels, but the A10 - sheesh that ends up in a ball of flame.

Would be nice to get this functioning properly

Cheers

SJ

Awesome Island, the best.

There are a few bugs and AI can use Airfield for jets (helis work in perfection), but that's not really important.

The important is that we can place there around 1000 AI units (infantry and vehicles) at same time (avoiding lag spikes) and still keep a stable 60 fps. This is amazing in such small terrain.

This Island brings smoothness in Arma 3 to a higher level.

Thanks for that.

Looks awesome!

Playing it get's kinda dull soon, since there is not a lot around. Maybe add more islands around it? So island-hopping would be a thing!

cheers!

Looks awesome!

Playing it get's kinda dull soon, since there is not a lot around. Maybe add more islands around it? So island-hopping would be a thing!

cheers!

He should of done something like BF3 and not the IRL version, its way too flat

Love it!  :D  Great map for dogfighting. My only criticism would be that the mapped ocean area surrounding the island is too small. Don't get me wrong it still looks fine in game but the problem with flying fast jets is that you cross the map in about 30 seconds! Any possibility of an up-scaled ocean area in an update?

Doesn't matter how big the map is... Ai still can't land or take off...

Adding a config for AI landing, Taxi etc. is pretty easy, I've added several for ARMA 2 and 3 default maps.  If the creator would expand the map size to inclulde some of the other Islands so you could use the map for more missions I would be happy to write the config for the airport, but currently it's tuff to write a mission for.

Great detail on the map however, well done, just bigger.

I had great times in Battlefield 2 on this map :D Good job  :cheers:

Awesome, this map makes for some very unique mission profiles. Thanks for the update can't wait to try it out tonight.

Thanks for sending us the updated release :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Wake Island v1.1

** Armaholic now supports authors with donation button/links. When you have any donation/support links please contact me!

Talk about perfect timing!

I'm about to finish up on a very big mission taking place on this wonderful map. It's called Rainbow Six Reaper Threat, been working on it for a month now and I'll be releasing it on monday. Thanks again, awesome work on this map.

Updated mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Cirav & [301]Hubabobube , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Oh Wow! This looks incredible!

I wish more map makers took the time to make realistic runways like this:

9491333502.jpg

Love it! Good Job! And keep up the good work!