[kgb]cartman

KGB No Zeus Mod

No Zeus Mod

by

[KGB]Kampfgruppe Berserker

20061270mr.jpg

Description:

Are you sick of lines like:

"Oh look, up there is the eagle. Watch out Zeus is spawning enemies...", or "Did you hear the eagle? Zeus is watching us..."

That is over. This mod turns the mighty eagle into a tiny mosquito. No more eagle, no more annoying screams.

Notes:

If you find any bugs, let us know and we fix it, but it should work fine.

Check out our WIP Thread:

http://kgb-arma.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68

www.kgb-arma.de

ts.kgb-arma.de

YouTube

Edited by [KGB]Cartman

The funny thing is you can disable Zeus by not including it in the mission, in which you specify the person who can use Zeus and plant the modules somewhere. Or you can disable it by going into Configure/Expansions, just my two cents.

The funny thing is you can disable Zeus by not including it in the mission, in which you specify the person who can use Zeus and plant the modules somewhere. Or you can disable it by going into Configure/Expansions, just my two cents.

I can't disable it in the Configure/Expansions!?

And sure, you could work around it, but you can just put the pbo in your repo and be done with it. That way, you won't have to explain it every time someone in your community builds a Zeus mission.

So I think, it is still a useful mod ;).

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I think people are a bit confused about what this does. Let me see if I understand... This does not disable Zeus functionality just gets rid of the eagle flying above, is that correct?

I think people are a bit confused about what this does. Let me see if I understand... This does not disable Zeus functionality just gets rid of the eagle flying above, is that correct?

I think this is the right answear

Yes, this is right ;).

It is supposed to give more immersion, so the players won't know, when Zeus is around. I consider especially that sound of the screaming eagle as annoying.

And I hate it, when people destroy the immersion, while talking about seeing the eagle, or a yellow/red chain. They use it mostly to indicate the next wave of spawned enemies.

The addon doesnt remove zeus, it removes the eagle flying in the sky above you when zeus is near.

Awesome mod, that always bothered me.... however, there is something about Zeus that bothers me even more, and that's the "Player xy is Zeus now" message that pops up everytime someone joins a Zeus slot or respawns as Zeus. Maybe you can get rid of that, too? That would be really, really awesome. It's just so immersion breaking... you are in the middle of the mission, this message pops up and the next 20 seconds everyone is talking about what Zeus might do.

Awesome mod, that always bothered me.... however, there is something about Zeus that bothers me even more, and that's the "Player xy is Zeus now" message that pops up everytime someone joins a Zeus slot or respawns as Zeus. Maybe you can get rid of that, too? That would be really, really awesome. It's just so immersion breaking... you are in the middle of the mission, this message pops up and the next 20 seconds everyone is talking about what Zeus might do.

We played a Zeus mission last weekend and I didn't noticed that pop up, when the game master entered the Zeus mode, so I don't really know if that is an issue. I think you just have to synchronize the game master with the module and the message doesn't pop up.

But we can change this. I will wait a for about a week and make an update, in case some bugs come up, or someone else is requesting something.

Thanks for the feedback.

We use the #adminLogged Zeus in all of our missions so - in case something goes wrong - a server admin can always go into Zeus mode and correct it, meaning we can't give that Zeus to a specific slot as you never know which slot the admin will take and the Zeus is also a normal player in the field who can die.

We get this message everytime an admin logs in with #login (as we have several admins and ArmA only allows one admin to be logged in at a time, we sometimes switch with #logout) or when the admin dies and respawns or when the admin has to rejoin for whatever reason ("Steam ticket check failed: null" for example) and it is really immersion breaking... thanks to you we could finally change that :).

Agree with the fact that the screaming eagle can be an immersion distraction. You could easily solve it with a short script in the mission's init.sqf

// Remove the Zeus Eagle
// v1.0 by Whiztler

// Place at the end of init.sqf

if (!isServer) exitWith {}; // execute on server only

// Kill the eagle
[] spawn {
   waitUntil {time > 2};
   private ["_curPos"];
   _curPos = [];

for "_i" from 0 to ((count allCurators) - 1) do {
       _curPos = _curPos + [getPosASL (allCurators select _i)];
   };

{if (typeOf _x == "Eagle_F") then {deleteVehicle _x}} forEach ((_curPos select 0)  nearObjects 50000);
};

Like I said, there are a lot of ways to work around it, but that way you be done with it for good ;).

Edited by [KGB]Cartman

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@[KGB]Kampfgruppe Berserker;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

+ 1 for the x is now zeus message. Great work so far, but ill wait till the message issue is fixed before i implement it with our group . Would it be possible for you to release a scripted version of the next update?

RPT errors.

13:37:18 Warning Message: Cannot open object a3\animal_f\mosquito.p3d

The Eagle is still gone though, but just though you should know.

The bigger issue is this for each player on the server, the sound want's to play. However,

13:48:46 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:49:13 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:49:35 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:50:05 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:50:16 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:50:36 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:50:40 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:50:47 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:51:13 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:51:42 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:52:05 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:52:36 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:52:43 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:53:07 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:53:35 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:53:50 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:54:02 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:54:19 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:54:49 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:55:11 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:55:26 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

13:55:58 Cannot load sound 'kgb_nozeus\sound\eagle_f_3.wss'

This continues and quickly builds up the RPT folder to hold nothing but this, especially when there's 40+ players. Not sure what the effect on the server load (CPU) is like, but I'm sure it's not helpful. Any chance for a fix? Would just removing the sound and having no sound play work just as well?

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

I've solved the issue for you.

Delete the sound, you don't need it. Same with the texture you have in there, no idea what it's for and you don't draw on it for anything.

Now change your config's "Singsound" to the following.

singSound[] = {};

Now you get the same accomplishment and your addon is even smaller with no server RPT spam.

Here's the edited PBO for your review.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7mt75cd1ol48hi/kgb_nozeus.pbo?dl=0

You're welcome.