IndeedPete

[SP/Coop 04] Contention Zone

Hm, are you sure it wasn't just loading? It stays black on my machine for a minute or more even while the shop is indexing unlisted mod content, but since you weren't running any mods it makes me suspicious...

Well I did have the reshade running...

Anyways, gotta say wow on the immersion level - what an opening! Reminded me of Half Life and ivr never gotten that feeling from arma. Ambience, music, sounds and generally spooky shit goings on, pretty impressive. The first real mission of tracking down the 6 anamolies is a little strange as I am trippin the fuck out and sometimes dying for I don't even know why.

Still, definitely diggin it

Thanks!

I agree, the effects, sounds, and overall looks Surfer made are amazing. But it shows how diverse Arma 3 can be. Most anomalies do damage over time so that might be causing your death. If there's any particular one that kills you right away (the BLASTER aside) please let us know. It's still Alpha after all.

Hey indeedpete, the blaster has never killed me  :P no matter how much health I had.

Lucky you...

Is it random? If so what is the change I will die sometime during a blowout? For me they also happen fairly often so every 5-15 minutes I have a blowout happening.

There's no random chance of dying in a blowout, unless you are in a fight when it occurs. RAD, BIO, CHEM, and TRIP anomalies do damage over time, and the BLASTER spawns explosions which naturally cause damage when you're too close.

There's no random chance of dying in a blowout, unless you are in a fight when it occurs. RAD, BIO, CHEM, and TRIP anomalies do damage over time, and the BLASTER spawns explosions which naturally cause damage when you're too close.

So that's how blasters work! Well apparently I can never get too close to a blaster, hell I don't even see the explosions you are talking about but if they look like the ones on the pictures then holy crap, I'll get close so I can see that beauty! Out of all the anomalies I must say the Freezer is a real bitch sometimes. Especially when you play alone, but thanks for leaving the debug window on :)

Yeah, that one needs some fixing for single players.

Now I know it's bad taste to ask mission makers to make it compatible with a specific MOD but this jawnee is meant to be played with EM mod!

For some reason doesn't init with CZ and its a real shame especially when weaponless as I am :P

EDIT: LOL my bad -its the Enhanced Movement by BadBenson. Basically allows you to climb,jump etc...bringing 89% even more Half Life to this cool mission.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174788-arma-enhanced-movement/

• Like 1

I can see what I can do if you can tell me what exactly the EM mod is. ;)

ArmA Parkour in a nutshell lol

video:  https://youtu.be/AXB_N8YmTFo

(I use it everyday, can´t play arma without it anymore lol)

Me too-especially in stealthy urban solo missions such as Operation Alleycat or Steal the car-it makes it so fun climbing over walls and onto low roofs :) Love it!

I'm not sure how EM could possibly interfere with CZ, but I will check it out.

Yeah, I'm curious if all the custom buildings could be climbed with the EM mod.

Besides that I'm currently working on a custom rain sound, so we have rain again but no damn crickets.

I very much hope BIS will improve ambient terrain env. extras handling with Tanoa's arrival because enableEnvironment false (which I also use in every mission of mine :D)  removes it all altogether.

there is a chance that it comes with a version of the German text?

The Mission is very good and nice and like me and others very much.

You mean a German localisation? No, at least I am not planning to anything in that direction.

That would require a stringtable.xml and I'd have to replace all hard-coded texts, yes.

You could do that, yes. But it's still in Alpha which means we will change things.

wheel_markedrsota.jpg

We couldn't do without one ...

Nice, I think I couldn't do without one either!

Hey. First, thanks for the great mission. had a blast last night :). My question is related to the black screen after the "storm" hits. I have to fully leave the mission to get it back to work.

(it doesnt hang, just keeps the screen black so, save mission and load again). Is that a known issue, or is it just me? Is its me, where could it come from? Apart from some equipment mods I´m running: Blastcore, CBA, JSR DF (eden release), TPW, Enhanced Movement and VCom...