dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

5 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

What I was saying use three different groups of units.  JEBUS with editor placed waypoints to see if the waypoints work.  Just use editor placed waypoints with no JEBUS and use JEBUS with a different patrol script.  If the issues still there for all three then it's a map/terrain issue if it works then it's a Gaia issue. I stopped using Gaia unfortunately to many bugs and overall performance issues. 

Ah, okay, now I understand.  Waypoints without JEBUS do work.  I'll have to play with waypoints with JEBUS.  I think I have that already, I just can't remember if it was working or not, as I've found that to be hit and miss in the past.

The fact that everything (GAIA and JEBUS) currently works on every other map has me stumped, so was hoping someone could make a quick test and see if the problem exists for them.  I'm running Dev branch.

On 3/28/2022 at 1:45 PM, Alith Evo said:

I have a motorized rifle squad, one APC and 8 passengers. Is there a way to respawn a new squad when an APC is destroyed but other units are still alive ? It only respawns when all units are dead.

Hey I know this is a late response. Lol. Jebus is may go to respawn script. Just reading trying to fix up a few minor errors snd bugs that are that are now present. Unfortunately @dreadpirate is not really updated the script anymore sad 😢.

There's a simple fix to your issue. You can setup a second trigger besides the exit trigger to delete the group units when a set number of units are dead or the vehicle they're in is destroyed. So if the APC is destroyed the group will get delete it and the exit trigger from jebus will kick in and then will respawn the entire group including the vehicle. The default setup for respawn is only the group units and not the vehicle because jebus setup code goes inside the group leader init. Avibird 

I still use jebus for my respawn needs of AI groups. Gaia is somewhat broken using jebus. 

Question for anyone who still uses jebus. I asked dreadpirate  a while back to carryover composition callsign of a group that respawns and individual unit variable names. This works great.  I'm fooling around with reinforcement units to some of jebus groups that respawn using joinSilent command but I can't use  composition variable name grp_ ect to join only individual variable names will carryover using jebus. 

The question is is this a limitation to Arma engine not carrying over composition variable names or a limitation of jebus. All works fine if I use the group leader variable name rather than the composition of the group. The issue is if the group leader is killed the joining units will not join the group because the variable name is not available because the group leader is dead. 

If I don't use jebus respawning system then I can use the composition variable name to join the groups.  Any feed back would be great

Can this be done? using a other script on server, i works with sgf file on MP singleplayer, not server.

https://github.com/kami-/plank

0 = [this, "DELAY=",300, "INIT=", " 
(group _proxyThis)[_unit, [6, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2 ,2 ,2, 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 100, 60]] call plank_api_fnc_forceAddFortifications;"]
spawn jebus_fnc_main;

when loading, it says there is a problem there l

(group _proxyThis)l[_unit, [6, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2 ,2 ,2, 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 100, 60]] call plank_api_fnc_forceAddFortifications;"]spawn jebus_fnc_main;

If this can work on a units init. on server, that should work in some way to in jebus. 😄 😢 

[_unit, [6, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2 ,2 ,2, 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 100, 60]] call plank_api_fnc_forceAddFortifications;

--------------------------orignal sgf

0 = [this, "DELAY=",300, "INIT=", "{[_x] execVM 'Ticket1OFFn.sqf'} forEach units (group _proxyThis);"]spawn jebus_fnc_main;   

Ticket1OFFn.sqf----------------------------------- dont work to

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

_unit = _this #0;

_unit enableFatigue false;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "plank\plank_init.sqf";
[_unit, [6, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2 ,2 ,2, 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 100, 60]] call plank_api_fnc_forceAddFortifications;

[West, -3] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;

East addScoreSide 1;

On 2/28/2024 at 10:31 PM, JIMMI DEE BILLY BOB said:

Can this be done? using a other script on server, i works with sgf file on MP singleplayer, not server.

https://github.com/kami-/plank

0 = [this, "DELAY=",300, "INIT=", " 
(group _proxyThis)[_unit, [6, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2 ,2 ,2, 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 100, 60]] call plank_api_fnc_forceAddFortifications;"]
spawn jebus_fnc_main;

when loading, it says there is a problem there l

(group _proxyThis)l[_unit, [6, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2 ,2 ,2, 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 100, 60]] call plank_api_fnc_forceAddFortifications;"]spawn jebus_fnc_main;

If this can work on a units init. on server, that should work in some way to in jebus. 😄 😢 

--------------------------orignal sgf

0 = [this, "DELAY=",300, "INIT=", "{[_x] execVM 'Ticket1OFFn.sqf'} forEach units (group _proxyThis);"]spawn jebus_fnc_main;   

Ticket1OFFn.sqf----------------------------------- dont work to

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

_unit = _this #0;

_unit enableFatigue false;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "plank\plank_init.sqf";

[West, -3] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;

East addScoreSide 1;

I don't understand what you're trying to do here. Plank looks like a script to give players the ability to build fortifications, but you're trying to add it to an NPC?

On 2/29/2024 at 10:36 PM, dreadpirate said:

I don't understand what you're trying to do here. Plank looks like a script to give players the ability to build fortifications, but you're trying to add it to an NPC?

I have built quite a few missions built around a mod called drogon enhanced command, here you can control all friendly forces and take direct control of them as a player, here I use your script to respawn groups in waves, the purpose of just that unit here is that it must be able to build fortifications, everything worked on my PC singleplayer and multiplayer, but when I use this script as described as original on a dedicated server it doesn't work, here I'm just trying to find another solution.

Plank scripted works perfectly on dedicated server on units and vehicles, only when I put scripted in units & vehicles init and repawn vehicles module expression field in editor, but i cant respawn units with it in them.

Unit editor, this works.