mcruppert

Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack

I'm using those raptors in this mission. When working on new version noticed one issue: some of the raptors I'm making dead from the beginning via this setDamage 1. Although in editor preview all was OK, in regular gameplay test appeared, all those dead raptors, and only the dead, have no textures (are pale violet).

ah great to see someone made a proper mission for this. gonna check it out as soon as i can. appreciated! i kind of expected many more to pop up to be honest. maybe i didn't look in the right places :p

as for the white/purple colouring. it's the identity not being set properly. i think there is a problem with locality on setidentity or the way we use it since we set idenity via script because ruppert had some problems making them work via config. gonna have to look into it too.

as for the general glitches people described. while we will try our best to counter most of them (falling down hill due to high speed for example), we can't and won't try to fix arma with this addon. anyone knowing a little bit about monsters in arma (just look at dayZ) knows that with any animation that is more than normal human movement, especially when it comes to its speed, there will be wall glitching. nothing we can do about the way the game fails at collision there.

the thing is. we could slow the raptors down severly, but is that really what we want? they are already forced to be slow indoors anyways (a method BI used for ages to hide the fact that collision is broken for AI) so i personally see outdoors as the main purpose for these type of units anyways. and it was already quite a task to make the raptors move this effectively. trying to make them glitch safe (not such thing in arma :p) will only result in nerfing them. so we gotta be careful here.

don't get me wrong. we will over time of course try to crush as many bugs as possible. but anyone who ever attempted similar stuff in arma before will know that perfection is sadly not possible.

i made some good progress on MP compatibility and our last internal test went fine except for one remaining minor bug. so the update will come soon and should take care of sound and anim locality issues. sorry it comes a bit delayed but the contest kinda forced us to rush this so we mainly focussed on more severe bugs.

the sliding is a bit weird. i thought i found the issue but simply taking care of anim locality didn't entirely eliminate it. so i'm suspected an engine level problem here. so maybe our anims have too many frames and they start failing when overall load gets too much. at least the way it can be reproduced hints towards that. will also have to take a deeper look at the anim config again. maybe some bad settings there. gonna have to investigate more. i'd appreciate some offers to test on a dedi with more than 2 people. so PM me if you have a server and are willing to help.

and thx again for the mission(s?) and videos. keep them coming!

As for this issue, it not happens each try, sometimes textures are on place.

ah great to see someone made a proper mission for this. gonna check it out as soon as i can. appreciated! i kind of expected many more to pop up to be honest. maybe i didn't look in the right places

It's nothing biggy, still tried to make it a good fun provider. :)

I think, more missions may pop up, just more time is needed. But frankly, noted also, there is not so big enthusiasm around, when comes to serious utilization of innovative/unusual content. There may be applause at release, many may want to try it at first, but at the end most players/mission makers in the game allowing for nearly anything imagineable focuses over and over again on very few and cliche standard scenarios/types of content with few, also cliche now exceptions (zombies, post-apo). There are relatively few people known to me really enjoying "crazy" content, which IMO is a pity, otherwise we could have much more... colorful and various custom content palette to choose from. But people are, what they are, can't change that. It's based on my own experience. I did various projects of both kinds, focused on realism and more "exotic". Only amongst the first category I could find those generating any wide response in the community and beyond. The farther from that, the more niche it will stay. So learned not expecting anything special from more weird releases, still I'm enjoying making also such scripts/missions and appreciate every single happy user.

The more, there is so much goodies to try around and still coming... Many projects really deserving my attention and applause still have to wait, months and more, because of simple lack of time.

Edited by Rydygier

Loved all the 'crazy' mods for Arma 2 good to see similar things happening for A3! PM sent Bad Benson.

a little update on the current progress.

today me and ruppert made some more detailed testing and we found a major problem with parts of our anim config. that is actually great news since it made me realise what was the cause of several problems the whole time. we used some minor trickery to make the AI move more effectively and it turns out that most of those measures weren't even working. that means that, if everything works out, the AI should get another buff in terms of deadliness :m:

i already cleaned everything up and now i finally have full control over the AI's movement like it was planned initially. the reported problem where raptors would get stuck in a stand animation was caused by this too since they were using sets of animations we didn't want them to use in the first place. so that should be solved now.

additionally all the minor MP bugs like animations and sounds playing only locally are all fixed now after adding a simple MP framework. we'll have to see about the sliding. will need to test that with the new set up on a server. but my guess is that it was/is connected to what i just described.

so there will be an update in the next few days containing these fixes. if all goes well this means we will have our hands free to work more on the t-rex and other things. so fingers crossed.

Great news! I am eager to look at the code. I will need to do similar things later on.

Considering your new expertise on the matter, do you plan on updating this tutorial: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23351?

If the workflow leading to custom animated models is well documented, the dark side of Arma modding will have a bright future ;).

^^ Bad Benson, do the red vision as with Alienz in A2, that worked great.

Just my 2 cents. :)

@McRuppert: Link to makearmanotwar in the Video Description! :)

Hey all, I am unable to run Jurassic with All in arma standalone, is this a known issue?

is this man gone with contest end?

while contest this man try very hard with his addon fix, but now he seems like dont care anymore with his addons error

while contest this man try very hard with his addon fix, but now he seems like dont care anymore with his addons error

I believe McRuppert is busy on the T-rex at the moment; you should ask before making assumptions.

I believe McRuppert is busy on the T-rex at the moment; you should ask before making assumptions.

I dont know, He didnt make Raptor complete. and then Start new one?

I understand, he have his own works, and Private things, but this is kinda rude to person who vote his contest subject.

but this is kinda rude to person who vote his contest subject.

Get over yourself, you take 2 seconds to click a couple of buttons on a website and now you reckon you're owed something (over and above the free content you're already accessing - which probably took several months of hard graft to create). When I see posts like yours I can't help but try and visualise the maladjust behind the keyboard and the type of sorry, socially disconnected existence you must lead in the real world to have come by such messed up values.

Get over yourself, you take 2 seconds to click a couple of buttons on a website and now you reckon you're owed something (over and above the free content you're already accessing - which probably took several months of hard graft to create). When I see posts like yours I can't help but try and visualise the maladjust behind the keyboard and the type of sorry, socially disconnected existence you must lead in the real world to have come by such messed up values.

Easy mate, This is my Opinion, not to ask to other persons agree.

and Be the first, you have to learn a meaning of Respect.

If you think Ur Ideas correct, So do the others.

Stop make a Bad echo.

Edited by acta13

you should stop being a dramatic crybaby. we're working on this almost every day but sometimes there are things that take time to fix. what you wrote there are just assumptions about people you know jack about. negative ones. you shouldn't be surprised about the "bad echo". just go and pass some time elsewhere. begging for updates in this manner will get you nowhere.

the reasons this takes a little longer are the following:

there are some problems with a major change we made and i still have to find the best fix. on the one hand the raptors are super effectve now but for some reason they started getting stuck on objects a lot. there are several possible fixes. we still have to apply each after another and then see which one is the best and keeps the new effectiveness.

the second reason is that BI suddenly decided to make the original contest deadline meaningless and now gave everyone an extra two weeks after letting them in the dark for one month. so for the moment our focus is the new deadline and what we can achieve until then and not getting out a rushed update.

after this update and the 14th december (new deadline) we will be able to make smaller more frequent updates.

you should stop being a dramatic crybaby. we're working on this almost every day but sometimes there are things that take time to fix. what you wrote there are just assumptions about people you know jack about. negative ones. you shouldn't be surprised about the "bad echo". just go and pass some time elsewhere. begging for updates in this manner will get you nowhere.

the reasons this takes a little longer are the following:

there are some problems with a major change we made and i still have to find the best fix. on the one hand the raptors are super effectve now but for some reason they started getting stuck on objects a lot. there are several possible fixes. we still have to apply each after another and then see which one is the best and keeps the new effectiveness.

the second reason is that BI suddenly decided to make the original contest deadline meaningless and now gave everyone an extra two weeks after letting them in the dark for one month. so for the moment our focus is the new deadline and what we can achieve until then and not getting out a rushed update.

after this update and the 14th december (new deadline) we will be able to make smaller more frequent updates.

Didnt know, Apploize.

anyway Im big Fan of ur team and ur addons.

pls, Forgive me.

I kinda like the point where they gey stuck. its like they are asking to be pedded on the head only to lure you close because once your close they can move and will attack.... clever girls

Didnt know, Apploize.

anyway Im big Fan of ur team and ur addons.

pls, Forgive me.

Either you are very young or had one too many drinks...just saying:)

Either you are very young or had one too many drinks...just saying:)

LOL, I was Drunk, and Pissed up with Trolls in Server,

really sorry

Aloha :)

I noticed a bug when using this addon: If I load only this .pbo with vanilla Arma stable 1.36 something goes wrong with units in a gunner proxy. You can't shoot a gunner from a technical or mounted HMG. I didn't test if this is only a problem with the standing animation. You can still shoot the unit in the legs and butt, but bullets just fly through torso and head.

Is the version on Armaholic still up-to-date? Last changed date on the extracted file is 29.10.2014 06:40. I'd rather not use the steam workshop.

Edit: Still present in Version 1.3, a video of the problem:

Edited by Scruffy
tested with v1.3 and added video

Hey guys!

I know its a long time ago i replied but me and Bad Benson are still here and still working on this project.

We did a lot of changes and added new features to the Raptor Pack.

The new update (v1.3) will be available soon.

We made a Update Preview Video for you guys to get in taste with the upcoming features.

So here we go enjoy!