Sign in to follow this  
giallustio

=BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hearts and Minds

btc.png

I'd like to announce my entry in the MANW contest :cool:

Hearts and Minds is a cooperative mission that aims to recreate a post war environment.

CSAT forces retreated from Altis and NATO deployed units and vehicles to help the local population.

A new formed group, known as "Oplitas", is againts the NATO intervention and it is ready to fight back.

The mission has a lot of features:

• Medical system
  • Logistic system
  • Deafness simulation
  • Interaction system
  • IED
  • Suiciders
  • Dynamic caching system
  • Civilian interaction
  • Reputation system
  • Something I forgot for sure

You main task is to defeat the "Oplitas" group and restore peace and order in Altis.

The militia has an unknown number in the island that need to be destroyed.

They have also ammo caches in various locations, destroy them to weaken its power.

Bad actions cause bad effetcs.

Infact there's a reputation system: helping the local population, fighting the "Oplitas", disarming IED will rise your reputation; killing civilians, losing vehicles, respawns will decrease your repution.

At the beginning you have a very low reputation level, so civilians won't help you revealing important information about Oplitas, they will likely lie instead.

Any support or feedback is always welcome and appreciated!

Credits:

- =BTC= clan

- AGM for the action feedback

DownLoad link: www.giallustio.altervista.org/pages/=BTC=_Hearts_and_Minds.php

Edited by Giallustio

hey, fun mission. I get a script error when attempting to use medic system. we use tab to "treat" and script error pops I believe line 33 of revive script, anyway, unable to provide treatment to wounded guys, when examine the player has no symptoms even though he is on the ground and dieing. Outside of that fun mission so far.

My question regards to medic revive is, can I comment out this line:

//Rev

call compile preprocessFile "fnc\rev\init.sqf";

{_x spawn btc_fnc_task_create} foreach [0,1];

and use another revive without it affecting the game? not sure how soon the mission will be fixed. Also, some things to consider. vehicle respawn, repair pad for heli, perhaps using BTC logistics for sling. I will be trying these things and let you know how it turns out.

Great mission. I also added VCOMAI for enhanced AI skills at LOW AIwarningdistance.

medic system is only problem so far.

Weird 'cause i tested with my friends and i got no errors. Do you have the rpt? What did you set in the params?

I didn't include my heli lift beacuse the sling loading feature will be in the next stable

Edit: wich version did you use? I released a new one just yesterday, check armaholic!

Weird 'cause i tested with my friends and i got no errors. Do you have the rpt? What did you set in the params?

I didn't include my heli lift beacuse the sling loading feature will be in the next stable

Edit: wich version did you use? I released a new one just yesterday, check armaholic!

Yea, most are the same with the sling load, I can get the rpt, its on our DS, have to do it after work. I set the params to anyone can revive and no medic needed. after a few dies and respawns we did some testing and shot a few members, every time I tried to use "treat" tab the script error popped, I could examine, BUT every time it stated the soldier was fine, even though he was dying. no biggie, only error we had.

Version? Is it the last one?

Download link: http://www.giallustio.altervista.org...s_and_Minds.7z

I used this version. I can DL the more recent one.

Is this the only line to disable the revive? It appears to, but I don't want to wreck the version if not.

//Rev

{_x spawn btc_fnc_task_create} foreach [0,1];

Also, does the more recent version have updates to revive?

Yeah, it should be fixed!

This is the line:

I don't if you'll get more errors if you disable it in this way, give a try to the last one first

Yeah, it should be fixed!

This is the line:

I don't if you'll get more errors if you disable it in this way, give a try to the last one first

thanks

Sign in to follow this