Sign in to follow this  
tylerhimself

reconstructing map from converted wrp missing ground texture

I'm starting to mess around in terrain editing. I've started with a wrp successfully converted to pew, opened with terrain builder, done my edits, re exported. Using existing config.cpp etc, keeping naming intact.

Ground texture is white/missing see below

http://i.imgur.com/6MKRN4M.jpg (257 kB)

And my rpt is spammed with

Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material
Unknown terrain material

What causes this? I'm just trying to figure out WHERE this happens. Read so many outdated guides and like my brain is swollen 10x

Thanks

Edited by tylerhimself

Looks like the satellite/mask/groundtexture data is missing completely...

When you import a .wrp/.pew to TB you get the object locations, the heightmap, and a mapframe, and thats just about it...

It IS possible - though not easy, to reconstruct the original satellite tiles in the Layers folder and recreate the Satellite image for use in TB, however, since the mask tiles are recoloured to RGBA during the original slice 'n dice process - they CAN'T be simply stitched together again.

If you have access to the original Sat & mask files, and you regenerate a layers folder within TB, referring to approapriate ground texture sets, etc - it should all work.

What you can't do however, is simply import a .wrp/.pew, make a few changes and export again...

B