klamacz

Firing from Vehicles feedback

Machineabuse, I don't think you get how it works currently: you can't shoot a prisoner and you can't shoot through / break the windscreen. They are transparant to the bullets currently and BIS have created the limits to make this less obvious.

Machineabuse, I don't think you get how it works currently: you can't shoot a prisoner and you can't shoot through / break the windscreen. They are transparant to the bullets currently and BIS have created the limits to make this less obvious.

If my previous statement was ambiguous, I meant to imply that you should be able to do the above with all that entails.

I've built enough stuff for other games to know that actors are normally immune to their own projectiles because they spawn inside them thanks. Do an additional collision check ahead of the muzzle or whatever.

Awesome addition on the Offroad, it's fun as tits to spray lead on upcoming roadblocks!  :coop:

The new FFV limits are great too but I noticed one thing, when the Offroad doesn't have the tailgate it's a bit awkward to engage targets say in a car chase when there's nothing in the way, but the limits are still there, I assume this is not a trivial thing to fix tho.

Good stuff nevertheless, keep it coming!

BI; let us shoot through the tailgate! It should be up to us where we put a bullet anyway.

Probably because human and AI play by the same rules and shudder the thought of riding along with #5 and #7.

BIS can you make this come to arma3 --  co-driver and passengers in the car (eg. civil cars, some cars in mods) can fire using turn out action, and the passengers in APC (some russian apc mod, e.g. BTR-60\70\80 series) can fire from the top door using turn out aciton.

BIS can you make this come to arma3 --  co-driver and passengers in the car (eg. civil cars, some cars in mods) can fire using turn out action, and the passengers in APC (some russian apc mod, e.g. BTR-60\70\80 series) can fire from the top door using turn out aciton.

Everything apart from driver and co-driver (co-pilot) should be already possible.

BI; let us shoot through the tailgate! It should be up to us where we put a bullet anyway.

This is kind of tricky, as tailgate is random element and at the config level, we don't know if tailgate will be there or not.

This is kind of tricky, as tailgate is random element and at the config level, we don't know if tailgate will be there or not.

My point was to let us shoot through the actual tail gate :) If it's not there we can see and shoot, if it's there we should be able to shoot at/through it as it's a non vital part of the cars function.

The old limits (probably new too, I haven't checked) could account for passengers and the "FFV state" can also be dependent on the state of the animation sources. If I remember correctly, the tailgate is an anim source "hide". Is it plausible to hook up the new limits the same way as the "FFV state" is controlled with anim sources? Probably it's a fair bit more complex as the FFV state is a binary can-can't shoot while this would require modifying the limits polygon.

The old limits (probably new too, I haven't checked) could account for passengers and the "FFV state" can also be dependent on the state of the animation sources. If I remember correctly, the tailgate is an anim source "hide". Is it plausible to hook up the new limits the same way as the "FFV state" is controlled with anim sources? Probably it's a fair bit more complex as the FFV state is a binary can-can't shoot while this would require modifying the limits polygon.

Exactly, in case of Huron, we just enable/disable FFV when animationSource ends, in case of tailgate we would have to modify the aiming limits, which is not supported.

Ok, I just can't see the problem if a player accidentally puts a round or two in a closed tailgate...

- Case tailgate: try to not shoot the tailgate but if it happens it's just a non-vital parts of the car so nothing should really happen except the sound of the bullets hitting metal and the bullets loose speed and change direction. Even if the AI sits at the back of the truck and spray the tailgate, so what? In RL I expect to get bullets my way if an enemy knows I'm hiding behind a sheet of thin metal.

- Case no tailgate: you can shoot at the enemy which you can see without being hindered by an invisible limitation.

• Like 2

I would pay for the DLC that allowed us to fire RPG's from Hummingbird benches.

BI should sell enhanced FFV DLC.

I, for one, would purchase the hell out of that.

6 hours ago, Misconduct said:

I would pay for the DLC that allowed us to fire RPG's from Hummingbird benches.

BI should sell enhanced FFV DLC.

I, for one, would purchase the hell out of that.

I totally agree, but only on one condition:

They must implement realistic backblast simulation!

;) ;)

M72_blast.gif

• Like 2

On 4/5/2018 at 12:37 AM, Strike_NOR said:

I totally agree, but only on one condition:

They must implement realistic backblast simulation!

;) ;)

M72_blast.gif

I like the idea that the backblast simulation would be an option, but very importantly, as an option. The greatest thing about Arma is our ability to do UN-realistic things in a 'simulated' world. If the backblast were forced or integral to the launcher, it would negate the purpose of trying to fire from a helicopter, as you would inevitably be destroyed.

6 hours ago, Misconduct said:

it would negate the purpose of trying to fire from a helicopter, as you would inevitably be destroyed.

And that's why I said it :) Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. Firing RPG's from heli's is simply a no-go. Not only from a realistic point of view, but also art/ quality (launcher clipping through the helicopter model). Furthermore, if you need that explosive air delivery, you can lob grenades or use a grenade launcher.

A paid DLC for FFV "upgrade", when FFV was a free platform update, is also backwards thought.

I'd love the return of shooting personal weapons from co-pilot seat of Hummingbird etc... I know it was in Dev build at one pint but there were issues? I'd still like the VBS-style ability to use personal weapons even if turned out at manned turret - especailly for grenades or switching to sniper rifles....... cheers

Its always upsetting to me to hear that "realism" is an argument to not do something in Arma.

I don't care about clipping (this is a game where getting eaten by rocks/houses is still one of the greatest threats to a player) and limiting gameplay possibilities for realism reasons is tantamount to saying that King of the Hill (3 way war for worthless cities, consisting of reincarnating mercenaries who buy their own military equipment and teleport into them when necessary) should not exist either.

Allowing firing RPGs from helis would be a better sales method for selling Arma3 than tanksDLC.

Im not saying I want to pay for it, I'm saying I would pay for it. Sooner than I would pay for Laws of War.

Find me one game mode in Arma that has complete realism - and I will show you a game you can only play once. "Simulator" is the worst thing anyone ever called Arma3.

2 hours ago, Misconduct said:

Its always upsetting to me to hear that "realism" is an argument to not do something in Arma.

I don't care about clipping (this is a game where getting eaten by rocks/houses is still one of the greatest threats to a player) and limiting gameplay possibilities for realism reasons is tantamount to saying that King of the Hill (3 way war for worthless cities, consisting of reincarnating mercenaries who buy their own military equipment and teleport into them when necessary) should not exist either.

Allowing firing RPGs from helis would be a better sales method for selling Arma3 than tanksDLC.

Im not saying I want to pay for it, I'm saying I would pay for it. Sooner than I would pay for Laws of War.

Find me one game mode in Arma that has complete realism - and I will show you a game you can only play once. "Simulator" is the worst thing anyone ever called Arma3.

1- There is the new DIY dlc initiative. Go post there. If your idea is as amazing a dlc idea as you seem to think people will be just be lining up to make and pitch it to bis. 

2 - Failing that. Use a mod. Like everyone else that wants a different spin. like the battlefield mod, mini nukes, zombies or demons. 

3- play battlefield. 

1. cool I will check that out, IDK about lining up, its hard enough to get ppl to not say "it will never happen" as their go-to response

2. A mod is what I'm after here, I just don't know anyone who can do it, that's why I'm posting this.

3. really? just because I want to enjoy the amazing experience that is Arma in a way that you don't understand, means - go play another game? Get creative man, good thing no one convinced PlayerUnknown to not bother with his idea.

47 minutes ago, Misconduct said:

1. cool I will check that out, IDK about lining up, its hard enough to get ppl to not say "it will never happen" as their go-to response

2. A mod is what I'm after here, I just don't know anyone who can do it, that's why I'm posting this.

3. really? just because I want to enjoy the amazing experience that is Arma in a way that you don't understand, means - go play another game? Get creative man, good thing no one convinced PlayerUnknown to not bother with his idea.

I'll skip 1 

2. There is a forum thread to request mods. Less chance they're going to see it in this thread. 

3 -A way that I don't understand? You wanna fire RPGs from the sideskirts of the lil bird just like battlefield. Hardly ground breaking. Or did I miss the game changer here.

PayPal 1000 dollars to one of the lads from red hammer. Maybe they'll throw together one. Come on get creative.

I wasn't saying its a new idea, I guess I just took 'play battlefeild' as 'dont play Arma' if I was wrong I apologize.

Arma is a far better game than BF if you ask me, I simply don't want to be limited by 'realism' when absolutely nothing in Arma gameplay is realistic (not an insult IMO);  I would call "simulator" an insult to Arma when referring to a game creation machine.

Remember, we have Zeus which allows placing tanks inside Blackfish and using them as flying weapons, so, is it really out of the realm of reason to hope for firing rpg's from benches?

$1000... sigh, thats the monetary equivalent of saying 'it'll never happen', seems more like intentional hyperbole when we are in the forum designed to discuss the free version for this exact issue.

On 4/10/2018 at 1:15 AM, Misconduct said:

Remember, we have Zeus which allows placing tanks inside Blackfish and using them as flying weapons, so, is it really out of the realm of reason to hope for firing rpg's from benches?

IMO there is a big difference in spending as many resources as BI can on getting an authentic / realistic game feel, besides unfortunate 'gaps' like flying blackfish tanks, versus spending resources on clearly unrealistic features.

I would like Arma to be as authentic as possible where I will do the messing around with stupid shit in the editor or with scripts/mods if it pleases me. 

1 hour ago, joostsidy said:

IMO there is a big difference in spending as many resources as BI can on getting an authentic / realistic game feel, besides unfortunate 'gaps' like flying blackfish tanks, versus spending resources on clearly unrealistic features.

I would like Arma to be as authentic as possible where I will do the messing around with stupid shit in the editor or with scripts/mods if it pleases me. 

Realism is relative, if you mean BI should continue making the game mechanics realistic, I agree.

If you mean they should not look into ways to highlight those mechanics because they don't fit into realistic war scenarios I would say its too late to erase KOTH, Wasteland, Altis Life, BattleRoyale, any type of respawning, any vehicle purchases, any reviving, and almost anything that anyone has ever enjoyed about using military equipment in unrealistic ways - which is most of Arma.