HorribleGoat

Lost Dragons - Total Modification Alpha

Another render to show that the bits under the armor work pretty well too!

WIP_BattleArmorUndersuit_10.png

• Like 10

Got the new suit in game! :D 

This is the first layer of the whole armor suit.

On itself the Undersuit already offers formidable protection and strength enhancement due to the biomechanical musculature built into it and the highly sophisticated materials used in it.

The Undersuit is primary uniform of crew members and for the actual Battlearmor is the one in couple of pictures back with all the plate you could possibly want! There will also be a another less bulky plate armor variant for light infantry use!

LoDR_Battlearmor_Ingame_02.png LoDR_Battlearmor_Ingame_01.png

Also did some classname overhauling but thats not related. Long story short I think they are better sorted now.

• Like 8

I am so hyped for the next update of this mod. :D

Arma has tremendous potential for sci-fi stuff, I feel like we are barely touching that surface with OPTRE or the Exomod. ^^

• Like 6

On 3/15/2017 at 5:44 PM, haleks said:

I am so hyped for the next update of this mod. :D

Arma has tremendous potential for sci-fi stuff, I feel like we are barely touching that surface with OPTRE or the Exomod. ^^

Yeah Arma engine does offer lot of potential. Would be nice to see more original scifi mods sprout out though.

• Like 5

my god those armor models are impressive!! awesome work goat! im always fascinated with sci-fi mods. especially in a game such as ArmA. keep up the great work sir! 

• Like 2

This mod looks very promising! It's great to see unique mods in arma 3.

• Like 2

Lets ROCK!

LoDR_MapRock_WIP_02.png  LoDR_MapRock_WIP_01.png

Rock PBR material and normalmap baking test in Blender

ROCK_WIP_02_01.png

3DCoat sculpted and baked rock test from couple of months back

LodR_Rock_Surface_wip_02.png  LodR_Rock_Surface_wip_04.png  LodR_Rock_Surface_wip_05B.jpg

Rock material testing and work on a mesh to produce a new terrain rock texture and normal/parallax map. 

Process from left to right, starting with sculpting a rockyish mesh from on top of the photomaterial made cliff texture I had put together. In the middle results after I figured out that it was missing flat surfaces (took me long enough).. And last tilign test for the mesh. Starting to look like how I want it to look.

Current goal is to produce a few appropriately shaped rocks to populate the map with proper cliffs and rock formations so it wont be just all grass and trees.

• Like 13

Great update! Looking forward to seeing more, and maybe a beta release!

17 hours ago, Fros7bite said:

Great update! Looking forward to seeing more, and maybe a beta release!

Heh we are still far far away from a Beta relesase. But thanks for your support!

Theres been a bit of progress with the map cliffs as I think I've finally found the way I want them to be.

There are now 6 cliff base pieces that will form the basic shape  of the city crater surrounding cliffs These will then be patched with smaller rocky bits and foliage.

LoDR_Cliff_Placement_WIP_02.PNG

LoDR_Cliff_WIP_01.PNG

• Like 7

Yet some more rock pictures!

This time with more moss as I got my rock material upgraded with some really nice moss nodes.

LoDR_Cliff_WIP_05.png

Also first test in game was quite succesful!

LoDR_Cliff_WIP_06.png

• Like 7

A bit more of the same!

Testing revealed that the arms needed another rotator joint after the elbow, here's that added.

Now the wrist mount have far better movement control.

Another thing this testing has identified is that the ammo feeders need a bit more length to them to work properly. Also the feeder segment under the armpit may need to be tied down from one or two places to give it better stability.

• Like 2

One more for the road!

Got inspired to add a set of concept fingers to the arms! 

• Like 7

A bit more Walker fun:

WK-AX3_WIP_03.PNG

Scaled the WK-AX3 (on the left) down a bit to what it originally was. Now its in the same size reagion as its good old pal the WK-209. Size is subject to change though depending on what it will eventually feel in game.

Then theres some more progress on the cliff walls:

LoDR_CLiffside_B_01_WIP.jpg

Best viewed zoomed in (clicky clicky for original size) 

This approach may be more closer to my vision but it still may need some more tweaking. Got to make couple of more pieces still to try it out in game properly. Hopefully I can get even part of the detail and shape in there. xP

• Like 7

B or V2 type cliff wall in game and looking Great! 

It also blends well with the V1 type so both can be used together for better variety.

The V2 type will be main cliff type for certain areas and the V1 for others.

LoDR_CLiffside_B_01_Ingame_01.png

• Like 7

So glad to see updates. This is the number one Arma project I am looking forward to seeing releases for. Keep up the great work, HorribleGoat!

• Like 2

Man, your visuals rock! Keep the creative up! :drinking2:

• Like 2