well I'm glad it's been resolved, I also added that issue to the presentation page. 

Thought I'd also throw in an arc adapter by Warden onto the Ops-Core, but I dunno, still have to make adjustments.....we'll see if it works out.

arc_adapter_by_dissizithawaii-d9qien4.jp

I love it mate! :D I have a small request bud, if is not too hard to do can be great to have some of the googles in the nvg slot or the balaclava in the nvg slot. :)

I love it mate! :D I have a small request bud, if is not too hard to do can be great to have some of the googles in the nvg slot or the balaclava in the nvg slot. :)

I agree-it means we can wear your cool glasses while also rocking a sweet tactical beard ;)

• Like 1

trying to re-tex DaveGary's A2 Rangers packs and bring them to life.....

DaveGary's ol' A2 texture

og_by_dissizithawaii-d9qktd6.jpg

my version

rngr_grn_by_dissizithawaii-d9qktd2.jpggawpat_by_dissizithawaii-d9qktcy.jpg

still a WIP tho.....

• Like 7

trying to re-tex DaveGary's A2 Rangers packs and bring them to life.....

DaveGary's ol' A2 texture

og_by_dissizithawaii-d9qktd6.jpg

my version

rngr_grn_by_dissizithawaii-d9qktd2.jpggawpat_by_dissizithawaii-d9qktcy.jpg

still a WIP tho.....

Like it a lot, I really wanted to see some camelbacks. Also I wanted to ask since I don't know a whole lot about rangers, do they have other uniform camos apart from multicam? 

Like it a lot, I really wanted to see some camelbacks. Also I wanted to ask since I don't know a whole lot about rangers, do they have other uniform camos apart from multicam? 

Not really because Rangers are not as independent as other SOF Units like the Navy SEALs, DEVGRU or ACE.

They still get most of their equipment directly issued from the Army.

As far as i know they also use Cyre G3 Uniforms in Ranger Green and some Hardshell Jackets. The Standard Pattern was most of the time Multicam, now they are switchting to the Army Standard Scorpion W2 but all Ranger are allowed to keep their Multicam Equipment.

I have seen some Woodland and 3C Desert gear but i don't know how common it is used in this Unit.

They used UCP but i don't know wether they still keep small stocks or completely  abandonned it.

At least that is what i got from my studies for my 75th Rangers Airsoft Milsim gear.

Nope guys, loading CBA before 75th Rangers doesn't work.

I don't know about you, but it seems to be working for me.

This is probably my first post of all time, however I believe this mod is definitely worth the time.

Your mod is by far one of THE BEST Ranger mods available to Arma 3 at this time. Not to knock Massi, DaveGary, JSOC Team, or Xaysana because their work is also excellent in my book. This mod has the most potential in my opinion. You have your head in the right direction, and with a bit more of a push, can make this mod on line with even the RHS team.

A little about myself before I make any further comments or suggestions for this mod. I was enlisted in the U.S. Army for 3 years as a 12B, Combat Engineer. I have only been deployed to Mosul, Iraq. I will not disclose my specific unit, however I was assigned to the 1st Cavalry Division. I left the Army in 2010 and have enjoyed civilian life since.

Okay so my background is set in place, lets get to the nitty gritty.

SUSTAINS

- The texture work is on POINT. Wouldnt change anything with the camo patterns or the uniforms at all.

- Alot of collaboration with other mod authors has gotten this mod some great recognition and respect from the veterans of the modding community, even as early as the first release.

- Alot of updates, openness to suggestions, and continuously refining and tuning your work. Great motivation and drive for your work.

- Such a great undertaking as so many before have tried to forego, yet none even got near the amount of recognition for a first release since RHS: Escalation as this mod has for a unit mod, IN MY OPINION.

- THOSE OPSCORE HELMETS!

IMPROVES/SUGGESTIONS

- Great detail in the vests, however I personally forego the vests in this mod for another vest mod.. Upon doing some research (I know, GOOGLE cannot be trusted as goes for the Internet as well) the US Army Rangers have ditched the ranger green pouches on their vests and have gone with Multicam pouches. Maybe just apply the MCam texture from the uniforms to the pouches on the vests, while keeping the green vest itself.Also I would like to see your vests have the option of NO PISTOL HOLSTER as an option. Again the research concluded that not ALL rangers were issued M9 pistols because of the shortage that was available to a Battalion. I personally was issued the M9 pistol because of being a vehicle gunner while deployed, but we only had maybe 6 of those sidearms to the whole company. A rangers immediate focus should be on his rifle, and the terrain to his front.

- The weapon dependencies. Not knocking the weapons themselves as EricJ and the other mod authors who made the weapons, but having a weapon dependency kills unit mods at times. I dont speak for others, however, I forego the weapons in this pack as I use RHS and their M4A1 Block 2 rifles over the Mk18 Mod 0 pack. If you were to perhaps make these weapons as an optional config, then it leaves more room for customization for the public while using your mod. The research also showed that the SCAR-L (or Mk16 SCAR) was ditched in favor of the SCAR-H 7.62 rifle by SOCOM.

NOTE: I probably have no CLUE what I am talking about when it comes to this and by all means correct me.

- The Garmin GPS on the wrist was AWESOME, btw. I just wish I could use this GREAT idea with those Oakleys of yours, or without the Thermals. Again just falls under more customization for the public when using your mod.

- Another suggestion, is perhaps add some past gear, such as the MICH 2000 in Black with all the bells and whistles (with variety of course). This would look GREAT with the pack, and further add more depth besides just using current times gear. Just an Image search would show that the Rangers were using Black/Dark Grey colored MICH 2000 helmets and the RLCS (green/sage LBT vests) during their time in Afghanistan, then progressively started to field test new equipment like the OpsCore helmets, SCAR weapon platforms, and new uniforms. As far as UCP or "ACU" uniforms, those are now replaced by Multicam. Images show that during their actions in Iraq, they used ACU uniforms, PCU (grey/blueish) blouses, and Tan MICH 2001s, but this varied as METT-TC/SOP changed. Again, these are all subject to speculation as these are all gathered from internet searches.

Again, this is all just suggestions/constructive criticism, not telling you how to run your mod, or make it tailored to just one person out of the MANY that will be watching/using this GREAT mod. Thank you for all your hard work and time that you have clearly put into this mod, and I look forward to seeing this mod develop and grow into the greatness it will achieve.

*EDITED ORIGINAL POST*

*EDIT*

The vest pouches are ACTUALLY good, I must have been tired when I saw those so I DO apologize for that. Its the vest color tone that is a little too dark for me. Your "Fastpack Drab" is lighter than the vest which actually the vest should be the color of the pack, if that makes sense.I say "should" but what I really mean is COULD. I could also show you exactly which images I am looking at when I make these suggestions as to give you a better picture at what I am talking about in this post.

• Like 3

Hello you leave your backpacks ? Believe me, I'm waiting for them for years.

Please, I'm too beautiful are your backpacks

•  

Hello you leave your backpacks ? Believe me, I'm waiting for them for years.

Please, I'm too beautiful are your backpacks

•  

I am really sorry but I really don't understand what you are saying mate.

I am really sorry but I really don't understand what you are saying mate.

I think he means he's really looking forwards to these backpacks ;)

• Like 2

I retracted/edited my above post as to not confuse or as to let others know that I made a mistake in writing my post originally. it is now edited and I apologize for any confusion.

• Like 1

And now comes the "oh and this!" post.....Again I apologize for posting like a crazy grandma who just got facebook, but I did remember something else during my morning kill session in Kunduz. ACE3 support would be GREAT for those helmets (ear protection) and those Oakleys/ESS Goggles (eye protection). I believe the ACE3 authors stated they will NOT make configs for other mods and leave that work up to mod authors to work on. I also noticed that your units in the editor are NOT ACE3 compatible either as I cannot use self interaction when playing as those classes. On a side note, for those of you whom are having issues with the GPS and Thermals, what *IF ANY* program are you using to launch your game? I use PW6 and I had that issue before with the manual download of the mod from Armaholic, however now that I downloaded the mod from PW6, I do not have those issues. So it COULD be the files inside the manual download from Armaholic, or it COULD be however you are launching your game (load order, program, etc.) Again, im not trying to spam you with suggestions or by any means telling you how to make your mod, Hawaiin. And I know that these posts of mine are going to overload you with suggestions just within a few minutes, but these are just suggestions/observations/constructive criticism.

• Like 1

Not really because Rangers are not as independent as other SOF Units like the Navy SEALs, DEVGRU or ACE.

They still get most of their equipment directly issued from the Army.

As far as i know they also use Cyre G3 Uniforms in Ranger Green and some Hardshell Jackets. The Standard Pattern was most of the time Multicam, now they are switchting to the Army Standard Scorpion W2 but all Ranger are allowed to keep their Multicam Equipment.

I have seen some Woodland and 3C Desert gear but i don't know how common it is used in this Unit.

They used UCP but i don't know wether they still keep small stocks or completely  abandonned it.

At least that is what i got from my studies for my 75th Rangers Airsoft Milsim gear.

Very little of that is true. They will continue to use both AC and G3 Crye sets in MC and some have also had patagonia phased in recently. As with most SF worldwide however, Crye is the industry standard. Between UCP and MC it really depends what is going on... whether they are deployed or training and who they are training with.

• Like 1

Very little of that is true. They will continue to use both AC and G3 Crye sets in MC and some have also had patagonia phased in recently. As with most SF worldwide however, Crye is the industry standard. Between UCP and MC it really depends what is going on... whether they are deployed or training and who they are training with.

As I said multicam won'the be replaced until it's worn out.

But than it will be replaced with Scorpion W2. It is about standard issue not what the Rangers buy for themselves with their own money

All rangers are like every US Soldier allowed to add self bought Multicam equipment.

I'm somewhat doubting the strength of Eagle's "research".

He isn't from the US, so it's not really his fault. Regardless the thread should go back on topic.

Rangers aren't issued the same items big army is.

I never meant that they get the same but they still get their equipment issued, as a standard issue for Ranger.

Please write me a PM and tell me what exactly of my statement about Ranger Camo is wrong.

Not meant as some kind of attack.

These guys are sexy. as. hell.

VERY impressive unit pack.  Will definitely add these to my missions.

*sigh this is my second attempt at writing this cause i exited chrome on mistake  :936:.

to mbuster89,

nice review, did you get to read the 1st page of the thread? I have to stress this to everyone. I forgot what I wrote to you the first time but....

- Great detail in the vests, however I personally forego the vests in this mod for another vest mod.. Upon doing some research (I know, GOOGLE cannot be trusted as goes for the Internet as well) the US Army Rangers have ditched the ranger green pouches on their vests and have gone with Multicam pouches. Maybe just apply the MCam texture from the uniforms to the pouches on the vests, while keeping the green vest itself.Also I would like to see your vests have the option of NO PISTOL HOLSTER as an option. Again the research concluded that not ALL rangers were issued M9 pistols because of the shortage that was available to a Battalion. I personally was issued the M9 pistol because of being a vehicle gunner while deployed, but we only had maybe 6 of those sidearms to the whole company. A rangers immediate focus should be on his rifle, and the terrain to his front.

I was going to go with other authors' vests but most of them just ignored my request lol. I had to make do with what I was given and what I had at the time, so I modified myself a vest, as to modeling one, I don't model, I haven't modeled a thing in my life. But I understand there are better vests out there, and believe me I tried getting them. I also agree that the vest is way too dark and have mentioned that I was going to change it. About the no pistol holster, vests are subject to change like I said on my very first page of this thread (no one ever cares to look at the presentation page lol.)

- The weapon dependencies. Not knocking the weapons themselves as EricJ and the other mod authors who made the weapons, but having a weapon dependency kills unit mods at times. I dont speak for others, however, I forego the weapons in this pack as I use RHS and their M4A1 Block 2 rifles over the Mk18 Mod 0 pack. If you were to perhaps make these weapons as an optional config, then it leaves more room for customization for the public while using your mod. The research also showed that the SCAR-L (or Mk16 SCAR) was ditched in favor of the SCAR-H 7.62 rifle by SOCOM.

As I again mentioned on the first page of the thread that another author and I were planning to come up with different weapon scripts for everyone to choose from. I haven't really put much effort into the weapons obviously, so my bad on that.

- The Garmin GPS on the wrist was AWESOME, btw. I just wish I could use this GREAT idea with those Oakleys of yours, or without the Thermals. Again just falls under more customization for the public when using your mod.

I actually have done this but I scrapped the idea because I had so much shit that I was afraid people were going to complain because of so many variations and the amount of assets in general, hopefully the requesting doesn't get too out of hand. I am open minded for the most part, as long as the requests are for the Rangers.

- Another suggestion, is perhaps add some past gear, such as the MICH 2000 in Black with all the bells and whistles (with variety of course). This would look GREAT with the pack, and further add more depth besides just using current times gear. Just an Image search would show that the Rangers were using Black/Dark Grey colored MICH 2000 helmets and the RLCS (green/sage LBT vests) during their time in Afghanistan, then progressively started to field test new equipment like the OpsCore helmets, SCAR weapon platforms, and new uniforms. As far as UCP or "ACU" uniforms, those are now replaced by Multicam. Images show that during their actions in Iraq, they used ACU uniforms, PCU (grey/blueish) blouses, and Tan MICH 2001s, but this varied as METT-TC/SOP changed. Again, these are all subject to speculation as these are all gathered from internet searches.

My main objective was to get a Modern Ranger look than to have to dig around to the past eras, as much as I love uniforms some authors go retarded and make way too many useless variations, I did not want to be that cat lol, that's why i stuck to just multicam and a few variations. I will be adding Night Ops uniforms later tho...I actually love MICH helmets, we'll see if I can get some, than I'll add my "touch" to them.....

Again, this is all just suggestions/constructive criticism, not telling you how to run your mod, or make it tailored to just one person out of the MANY that will be watching/using this GREAT mod. Thank you for all your hard work and time that you have clearly put into this mod, and I look forward to seeing this mod develop and grow into the greatness it will achieve.

nah you're doing good, and thanks for introducing yourself....

• Like 3

Holy sweet baby jesus I didn't realize that the loadouts randomized when you spawned units in the editor...  My god this is glorious.

Can you add neck gaiter separately from addon? Or without thermals?

Can you add neck gaiter separately from addon? Or without thermals?

no, but you can......

• Like 1