Sign in to follow this  
biggerdave

HSO A3 SLA Pack

Looking good. Can't wait for the next update! Have you thought about adding vehicles? I know people hate mod dependencies but maybe use RHS vehicles until something more permanent and standalone is available.

Looking good. Can't wait for the next update! Have you thought about adding vehicles? I know people hate mod dependencies but maybe use RHS vehicles until something more permanent and standalone is available.

Yes.

Probably not RHS, though, since it's a pretty hefty download for just the vehicles - I considered making an RHS edition that used their weapons instead of mine (would effectively half the download size), but there'd be a lot of gaps in terms of equipment (could maybe get away with swapping XM8s or G36s with M4s, but with stuff like FALs the closest RHS have is a RISsy M14, and no GL/LMG variants).

Thanks for the mod BiggerDave!

Could I report a few bugs please? (A3 v1.44, @hso v1.0)

Script errors when using the RSRA units:

if (isServer)>
 Error position: <_hatsCount = count _hats;

if (isServer)>
Error Missing ;
File HSO_A3_SLA\scripts\RHelmets_RSRA.sqf, line 9
Error in expression <RSRA3"];
_glassesCount = count _glasses
_hatsCount = count _hats;

RPT errors with a few units - probably an attempt to over-fill a uniform or vest with inventory in the config?

soldier[HSO_CDF_Spetsnaz_AT]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_CDF_Spetsnaz_Recon_AT]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_CDF_Spetsnaz_Entry_SG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_SLA_Especas_RPG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_SLA_Especas_Recon_RPG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_SLA_Especas_Entry_SG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_SLA_Regular_RPG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_ChDKZ_Militia_RPG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_ChDKZ_Elite_RPG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_NAPA_Militia_RPG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_NAPA_Elite_RPG]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_RACS_Commando_AT]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[HSO_RACS_Commando_Recon_AT]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?

Fixed the first (forgot to comment out something important :p , also fixed the script in question as well, but it isn't used, so not really that important)

As for the second, I fixed the shotgun magazines, as for the launchers... I checked, and all the magazines are on the soldiers. The only thing I can think of is that either it's an engine bug (the magazine that starts inside the RPG wouldn't fit in the vest or uniform, but it doesn't go there anyway) or an issue with the backpacks (which I just found were overloaded, but they're a different vehicle to the soldier itself, so shouldn't be causing this error, even if it were, it would be coming up on the ammobearers too). I've reduced the weight of launcher magazines slighty, I don't know if that'll solve the problem.

Was wondering if the weapons would work independently of the mod as well?

For example, I would love to play the Pilgrimage mission with your the AA12 shotgun, but would like to avoid having the RACS, SLA units spawning in etc.

Looking forward to the update though! :)

biggerdave, your cavalier attitude and exactingly good-enough precision are worth the entertainment alone. That your mod is also a great way to vary up my more basic scenarios is merely a fun bonus!

Do you know if your groups conform to ALiVE mod faction requirements? The lack of vehicles may limit it to infantry-only, if it works at all. I'll give it a whirl this weekend in any case, and report back if need be.

Looking forward to whatever you push out in your update!

biggerdave, your cavalier attitude and exactingly good-enough precision are worth the entertainment alone. That your mod is also a great way to vary up my more basic scenarios is merely a fun bonus!

Do you know if your groups conform to ALiVE mod faction requirements? The lack of vehicles may limit it to infantry-only, if it works at all. I'll give it a whirl this weekend in any case, and report back if need be.

Looking forward to whatever you push out in your update!

Should work with ALiVE, but I've only tested it once, about a year ago. So, can't say for certain. Unless anything major has changed with how ALiVE works, it should work fine.

Was wondering if the weapons would work independently of the mod as well?

For example, I would love to play the Pilgrimage mission with your the AA12 shotgun, but would like to avoid having the RACS, SLA units spawning in etc.

Looking forward to the update though! :)

The weapon pack should work independant of everything else. I want to restructure the configs for the next release, so you'll be able to activate and deactivate factions as you want (seems I can't just say "install everything, and if you don't want it don't use it", a lot of dynamics missions just try to use everything... not ideal, because I tend to add a bunch of hidden joke stuff!)

(Oh god, now I've posted I'm actually going to have to continue work on this.... I was all ready to just pack up and start doing stuff for zDooM instead!)

the link of source files is no longer active, is it possible to re-enable it?
there are a very useful stuffs

thanks in advance