ruthberg

ATragMX - Handheld ballistics calculator

Well I'm dumb. Atmospheric stuff wasn't making a difference because I wasn't testing on an Advance Ballistics enabled map. Definitely made a difference soon as I did.

Compliments to the creator, Ruthberg. It's a great mod.

I recently ran into a problem: I clicked something dumb/wrong, and I ended up deleting my favorite gun from the ATrag. How do I get it back in, with all the right data associated?

Thanks

EDIT: a friend helped solve this.

1) get the data for the deleted gun. (Friend sent me screen shot of his .408, here: http://i.imgur.com/r9YeAaG.png)

2) go into ATragMX, and click on Gun List, then Add New Gun. Give it a name (in my case, I lost the Chey Tac .408). Then click Done.

3) Click on Gun, which takes you to the screen shown in the screen shot above. Then just type in the data from someone else who still has that gun.

Done.

Hey guys,

I´m just passing by to say hello.

I'm not sure if this is a suggestion for you or for another 3rd party adding the Horus H59 reticle would be glorious.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29282

Another one:

discreteDistance[] = {100};
discreteDistanceInitIndex = 0;

It does not mean your in game zero will be 100 m because 100 is only a reference. It varies depending on your rifle sight height. I never get tired to say that. You use another rifle with another sight height and your zero distance will change. No mysteries people. It is just like real life.

I'm having a weird bug lately and I think it's ATragMX specific, not Advanced Ballistics. I'm not sure if it's caused by any other mods I installed recently but none of them were ballistics related (I had but then removed the Tier 1 Silencer Fix). When putting in environmental and gun data the in game Atrag gives me one value but trying other ballistics calculators gives me a different value. And the other calculators are right. If I plug in the in game Atrag's calculations I'll be under or over by several mils. If I put in the outside calculator's numbers I'll be spot on. Same data input into both so I'm not sure what's going on.....

Your in puts on your real life solver are wrong.

The Advanced Ballistics Atrag C1 coef has nothing to do with real life G1 or G7 ballistics coefficients. Instead, the number you enter there is the airFriction, which is the parameter in the configs for the air resistence.

BI uses a fixed trajectory model, which considers air resistence as the square of the speed, in other words, the math is more simple than the point mass model or even the 6DOF model. Ruthberg uses something in between, because he uses the airFriction input.

Good luck shooters!

Good afternoon.

I want to know what parameters from configuration files weapons and what the formulas recalculated to enter the correct parameters in Gun Column.

UPD.:

Some of the options I found.

Parameters guns:

1. Bore - not found.

2. Bullet Weight - config.cpp -> class CfgAmmo -> hit

3. Bullet Diam - not found. It has no impact on the calculation of (?)

4. C1 - config.cpp -> class CfgAmmo -> airFriction * -1000

5. Rifle Twist - not found.

6. Muzzle Velocity - config.cpp -> class CfgMagazines -> initspeed

• Like 1

Hello,

the stand alone AtragMx is no longer supported by his author,

i suggest you to move on ACE3 and use the default ballistic or enable the Advanced Ballistics module in your game.

All informations are located in the ACE3's Github :

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/tree/master/addons/ballistics

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/common/functions/fnc_getMapData.sqf

Good shot. :)

please forgive my ignorance and stupidity but i'm trying to set up a new gun in the atrag for the bog standard Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm, i've found some info but it doesn't seem to be accurate, does anyone have a set up for it that they could paste here for me?

if you do and have any links to where you found the info could you please also link it? so i can see what i'm looking for? 

cheers guys

Hi Ruthberg,

dear greetings. I playing around with your mod and got to the limit. :-) I wish you add multiple coefficients to the next version, the approximation of your software has it limits to big rifles. About 5 coefficients, depending on the distance, would be great.

Currently only the middle distance rifles(500m-1000m) are accurate enough.

regards

The update button is gone with last update. After calculating shot. So you can't adjust the scope anymore.

Greetz Leon