ruthberg

ATragMX - Handheld ballistics calculator

Hey, I guess something got messed up for the calculation of the wind correction since no matter what I enter, the ATragMX returns negative values for the wind correction. Having wind of 20 from 9 gives ~-9 and having a wind from 3 gives ~-9.2 on ~1100m. Even direct head or tail wind returns negative values where they should be almost around zero.

I will take a look.

Edit: Confirmed. Will be fixed in the next version, sorry for that.

Edited by Ruthberg

@Ruthberg: I haven't had enough free timeslots to test latest version yet but just wanted to say thanks! This and the other related addons are great! Keep it up, I'm sure there are lots of people enjoying it...

/KC

Version 0.9 Changelog:

-Fixed wind direction input being flawed (bug was introduced with v0.8)

-Greatly improved the calculation speed (especially the range card calculation is now lightning-fast)

-The range card data output (quality) is now identically equal to the main menu output

I highly recommend that you create your own gun profiles. One per gun/ammo combination (e.g. "M24-M118LR"). Also pay attention to the zero range. Make sure it is correctly set. And keep in mind that you have to press "Enter" to confirm a new zero range after modifying it.

This sadly didn't work well...Every time I entered my stuff into the atrag it just reset the parameters. (everytime I entered the WD it just reset to 12). Usually when I entered the correct parameters it didn't give me the correct mil reading...and usually just gave a me 0 for everything. It looks great, not sure if it's just me, but it's not working well...

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This sadly didn't work well...Every time I entered my stuff into the atrag it just reset the parameters. (everytime I entered the WD it just reset to 12). Usually when I entered the correct parameters it didn't give me the correct mil reading...and usually just gave a me 0 for everything. It looks great, not sure if it's just me, but it's not working well...

Can't confirm that. For me everything works perfect now.

@Ruthberg: Your last update fixed the issue and as promissed calculation is much faster.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I am unable to set the zero for my scope in the ATragMX... it's just stuck at 500. If I enter a different value, it resets to 500 as soon as I try to calculate the solution. After reading through this thread, I thought it might be caused by using a scope from a mod pack (HLC), but I swapped out for the Mk18 with an SOS (the same setup used in the demo video, I believe) with the same result. I have Advanced Ballistics 1.9 installed and my ATragMX version is 0.9.

Any ideas?

When trying to use the kestrel4500 and the ATragMX with the latest version of CBA, i keep getting these errors in my RPT log, and the hotkeys won't do anything (they don't show up in the config menu either)

The only addons i'm running atm is CBA/AdvancedBallistics/Kestrel/ATragMX, all of them the latest versions. Weird part is, the AdvancedBallistics keybindings work just fine, and I can see and customize those keybindings in the config menu.

Reference: (without CSE) pastebin of my RPT file: http://pastebin.com/G4TkukBM

Error in expression <rl = _keybind select 2;
_alt = _keybind select 3;

_index = [_modName, _actionN>
 Error position: <select 3;

Error Zero divisor
File x\cba\addons\keybinding\fnc_registerKeybind.sqf, line 93

Error Zero divisor

Error Zero divisor
[19373,69.827,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.8.140725, "]
[19373,69.837,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=true, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3, BIS_functions=L Modules:1, group=L Modules, player=B Alpha 1-1:1 (HellsAn631), _playerType="B_soldier_AR_F", _playerGroup=B Alpha 1-1"]
Error in expression <nter = _ehID + 1;

[_dikCode, [_shift, _ctrl, _alt], _code, _keypressType, form>
 Error position: <_ctrl, _alt], _code, _keypressType, form>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _ctrl
File x\cba\addons\keybinding\fnc_registerKeybind.sqf, line 143

Error Zero divisor
Error in expression <nter = _ehID + 1;

[_dikCode, [_shift, _ctrl, _alt], _code, _keypressType, form>
 Error position: <_ctrl, _alt], _code, _keypressType, form>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _ctrl
File x\cba\addons\keybinding\fnc_registerKeybind.sqf, line 143

Error Zero divisor

Also, when I press the keybinding for either mod, I get a bunch of these errors:

Error in expression < 0 to 2 do { if (((_settings select _i) && {!(_keyData select (_i + 2))}) || {(!>
 Error position: <&& {!(_keyData select (_i + 2))}) || {(!>
 Error Generic error in expression
File x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandler.sqf, line 35

Edited by hellsan631

When trying to use the kestrel4500 and the ATragMX with the latest version of CBA, i keep getting these errors in my RPT log, and the hotkeys won't do anything (they don't show up in the config menu either)

The only addons i'm running atm is CBA/AdvancedBallistics/Kestrel/ATragMX, all of them the latest versions. Weird part is, the AdvancedBallistics keybindings work just fine, and I can see and customize those keybindings in the config menu.

I have the same problem. .. using 35 some odd mods. So I assumed it was a conflict but you are having same problem. I have tried nearly every version hoping it was resolved but I simply cannot get the kestrel to come up... got the atrag once but the key binding disappeared...

So frustrating cuz mod sounds great as a 3 part package

Just an update to the issue, Had a friend play to test out some stuff, and the mods for him worked. Weird thing is, we sync all of our mods via BittorrentSync, so we have the exact same setup.

I tried double and triple checking everything, and I'll be able to report more here tomarrow on the subject. I hosted the server, so perhaps thats where the issue is comming from?

Here is a pastebin of the latest log (with some extra logging and disabling of cache)

http://pastebin.com/dEC8c3jE

Just an update to the issue, Had a friend play to test out some stuff, and the mods for him worked. Weird thing is, we sync all of our mods via BittorrentSync, so we have the exact same setup.

I tried double and triple checking everything, and I'll be able to report more here tomarrow on the subject. I hosted the server, so perhaps thats where the issue is comming from?

Here is a pastebin of the latest log (with some extra logging and disabling of cache)

http://pastebin.com/dEC8c3jE

First of all are you running dev or stable? Second, have you tried what happens using a dedicated server?

I'm running stable branch, and no I haven't tried the dedicated server bit, because a few mods that we use don't like dedicated servers. Its not too big a deal, because when I host I'm zeusing 99% of the time, and the mod works for everyone else so. I would like to mention though that the mod doesn't work on the test map for me either, when I host it as a game. I find this weird because as I've said before, the bindings for AdvancedBallistics work just fine. It just seems like its the two equipment mods that have this problem. I'm playing with around 44 mods atm and all of them with keybindings work except those two (the atragMX and kestral).

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I am unable to set the zero for my scope in the ATragMX... it's just stuck at 500. If I enter a different value, it resets to 500 as soon as I try to calculate the solution. After reading through this thread, I thought it might be caused by using a scope from a mod pack (HLC), but I swapped out for the Mk18 with an SOS (the same setup used in the demo video, I believe) with the same result. I have Advanced Ballistics 1.9 installed and my ATragMX version is 0.9.

Any ideas?

You need to press 'Enter' after you modified the zero range, while the cursor is in the zero range input field.

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

@hellsan631, does it work if you play in singleplayer (Campain, Editor, ...)?

@CosmiC10R, are the AdvancedBallistics hotkeys working (SHIFT+K, ...)?

same problem as hellsan631 here. I'm on dev branch does that matter? I can get kestrel to work and all ballistics stuff but no key bindings for atragmx, just brings up all these errors as hellsan631, tried using just your three mods but no go I'm not sure but I think cba hot fix has changed something and atragmx needs it to, looks like a good mod tho well done

want to learn how to use your ATragMX so bad. Im thinking its my end tho cause no one else is having probs.

Edited by Ninjaman666

I have not yet managed to reproduce the problems mentioned above. I am using CBA_A3_RC3 v1.0.8.140725 (downloaded via Play withSIX) on the stable branch (latest version) with a fresh game profile.

@Ninjaman666, hellsan631, CosmiC10R, maybe your profileNamespace is corrupt. Creating a new game profile might fix your problems.

Edit: I just tested it on the development branch - no errors.

Edited by Ruthberg

Hi, that sorted it thx, but it still comes up with error on screen when I load up in to a mission but it goes once I open atragmx, any ways happy bunny now can learn to shoot like a pro now :yay::yay:

I have not yet managed to reproduce the problems mentioned above. I am using CBA_A3_RC3 v1.0.8.140725 (downloaded via Play withSIX) on the stable branch (latest version) with a fresh game profile.

@Ninjaman666, hellsan631, CosmiC10R, maybe your profileNamespace is corrupt. Creating a new game profile might fix your problems.

Hmm... ok... I will try that when I'm home tonight... thanks for the effort :)

Oh wow, surprised I didn't think of that. Good catch. Changed to a different profile, and the bindings work now.