sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

Cannot download from any of those mirrors !

What is happening ?

Another thing that was carried on from 2.5 to 2.6: The AI is awkwardly quiet. Sometimes I hear not a single phrase in half an our. And some units will scream for the medic even after they have been patched up.

You must of missed one of the 100 times i said this :) , but the DSAI will activate in safe or danger modes only. It was designed not to chatter in alert or stealth mode so you can creep up on enemies without the AI chattering away. So set your team to safe, careless or danger and see what happens ;)

yay, great news of Unsung 2.6 along with CWR2 1.0 .

Yeah, and they both decide to release them while I'm in vacation...

Congrats for the release!

BTW, has the weird external view been modified to fit like the vanilla one?

Yes wiki it has i remembered your post in the discussion forum. We fixed it and set to vanilla arma values

Awesome!!! Thank you to everyone who made this mod release possible... Can't wait to try it out when I get back from France.

Dirty Haz

In time , but not for a while yet unless we get some more external help to bring it into A3

See our Exciting News about:

1. BIS coincided deal of half price Arma 2 complete edition, and

2. Gaming Deluxe and XTRA working together to bring you 6 free public servers (22 players per server)

3. How to run ACR lite, CBA etc to join the servers without breaking anything!

We're installing 4 of the servers at the moment, should be up my 2-3pm GMT

The two XTRA servers have been heavily trodden overnight...

EB

Hey guys, is there any special trick with the VC spiderholes? The idea behind it is brilliant but I just did some serious testing and they never spawned any units to make my LZ "hot". I placed them directly on an LZ and then about 50-100m around the LZ (3 spiderholes) on the map CSJ_SEA.

Also the tree snipers will often climb down from their trees and do nothing. (8/10 tests). And they always face the wrong direction. Might be some trouble with ACE, though.

Both times OPFOR units have been placed to initialize.

Yeah, and they both decide to release them while I'm in vacation...

Well, we were waiting on you to take your vacation of course :)

~Dar - we can't respond to feedback with ACE-using tests sorry

nvm, figured it out

Edited by sorophx

So does it require Steam version to play?

I don't see why it would, so long as you had the required version of the game. You may have to download it manually, though.

it needs steam version only to play on one of our servers, as CBA is linked to the version above 1.62...

Ok. So it seems that I eventually have to switch from retail version to Steam version to be able to get all the new A2 patches and to be able to play multiplayer.

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

I quickly tried Unsung 2.6 in editor and it bugs me as the '68 US Army regular units have the 30 round magazines for M16A1's. Shouldn't almost everyone using M16A1 use 20 round mags as 30 round mags were rare then? In my opinion only classes like officer or team leader could have the 30 round mags.

Could there possible be a Mod/separate pbo`s of the Air assets of the mod? A lot of people are finding it hard to play different roles that requires certain stuff that no-one else is working on atm.

It would really cut down the time it would take to make missions themed for Air in the Workshop and if there was a way to crash a plane ,but keep the plane instead of the wreck-model,it will be welcomed by some.We need planes with acceleration,full throttle and then some emergency power,working Ejector Seats and so on.

That would really cutting down time required to make missions ,if you could release at least some of the planes as stand-alone CAS planes for MP

Thanks for a Great mod.If possible,can you make something like it for A3?

@vikasota - no, sorry, we took the view that all post 68 (doesn't mean 1968 as a date stamp, more as a reasonable split in the faction setup) soldiers could have had access to 30 rounders. the SOG had them in 67. All US army/ USMC had them by about 1980. the problems with the feed of the m16 caused colt and the DOD a lot of headaches throughout the period 67-71, so curved mags were not widely added, pending outcome of all the investigations and lab work on the 20 rounders. Saying that, the stoner and colt commando had 30 rounders, and some m16a1's had them. for more discourse on the mag types, and i won't be replying on this at all again, see here.

we have a lot of ex military and highly experienced gun users and smiths in the team and surrounding contributors, but, as it's a game, we just wanted to field units that could represent early and later parts of the war - the date stamp is more a common line drawn very roughly through the elements to make it easier for less obsessive/astute users to understand (e.g. the USMC camo pants are pure 69+ afaik). for our purposes, we figured, you can sue the 65 era units for battles where you want that type of weaponry and there is almost no other difference in the soldiers loadout... so you get two for one! the definition we used was fairly arbitrary. you can use your initiative and either change the weapons manually, or use the early units in your mission. there's no real difference in them except for the primary weapons, and the availability of some of the special weapons like XM203 or XM21 - these you can add manually, or attach a small group to the main one, using the late era design....

I would add this comment to all people feeding back - don't ever expect us to design the mod to please all your idiosyncracies. but, do, by all means make use of it creatively to enjoy the era. there's so much i nthe mod, just make best use of it. we could never please everyone, and that certainly was not our intention either. we simply made it for ourselves and our fans, and hope the wider community will enjoy it as much as we have in the past year developingand testing this version!

@teddybear - no, sorry

Edited by eggbeast

Could there possible be a Mod/separate pbo`s of the Air assets of the mod? A lot of people are finding it hard to play different roles that requires certain stuff that no-one else is working on atm.

It would really cut down the time it would take to make missions themed for Air in the Workshop and if there was a way to crash a plane ,but keep the plane instead of the wreck-model,it will be welcomed by some.We need planes with acceleration,full throttle and then some emergency power,working Ejector Seats and so on.

That would really cutting down time required to make missions ,if you could release at least some of the planes as stand-alone CAS planes for MP

Thanks for a Great mod.If possible,can you make something like it for A3?

I have no idea WTF you are asking. However since we've been banging on this for over a year (I've spent the last 15 months on it myself) then the A3 questions will have to be tabled until... later. Enjoy the 2.6 release! ;)

@re: Other mirrors to follow

Please put more mirrors/links 'cause from where we stand no downloading is possible yet.

Anyway great work (according to pics and comments)