sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

ok missions and servers updated today:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181703-The-Unsung-Vietnam-War-Mod-v2-6-Released-!!!&p=2749209&viewfull=1#post2749209

the new missions fix a few issues and we now have sig checks and ACR lite requirement built into the server/ mission, so no more guys running ACE can come in and cause mayhem.

Special thanks to Columdrum, Larsiano and Hawkster for showing me what to do...

The game is getting more and more interesting, but I have a small dilemma. I miss the grass: D grass adds a little atmosphere. I know you can change the setting but giving from 1 to 2 suddenly appears behind the bushes with absolutely nothing you can not see and the game is getting very difficult: D no and requirements are increasing a lot. Giving to 1 suddenly have empty spaces: /. 3 and 4, it looks like 2, a shame that there is an intermediate settings after between 1 and 2 Yes teeth, however, some of the grass was, but not with as it is now: D Da Aug. something to do with it?

And so at all as you play? with grass or without?

depends on situation - mainly with grass, then in really dense hills on certain maps grass goes off.

the AI are adjusted too in the servers we run to have max skill and min accuracy so you have a chance to fight prolonged firefights etc

also stick with team as they can direct fire direction and you all blaze away even without seeing the enemy...

---------- Post added 08-15-2014 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-14-2014 at 10:40 PM ----------

Hey guys, Thanks for your talent and hard efforts. I appreciate your sacrifices. If you don't care that I bring things I find to your attention.....

TERRAIN TEXTURE BUG: I noticed this in 2.5 and still in 2.6, the water texture on Plei Trap Valley is missing but the water is there. The unit can swim through it but only the edges are visible.http://i62.tinypic.com/5xpqu1.jpg (217 kB) - http://i61.tinypic.com/2338dz.jpg (288 kB) - http://i58.tinypic.com/fm6o7m.jpg (448 kB) .The third image shows the location(From top right of red cross hairs and northward.

This map also has repeating map grid coordinates when zoomed in so far. Will this remain or are their plans to correct them?

Great work thus far.

depends on situation - mainly with grass, then in really dense hills on certain maps grass goes off.

the AI are adjusted too in the servers we run to have max skill and min accuracy so you have a chance to fight prolonged firefights etc

also stick with team as they can direct fire direction and you all blaze away even without seeing the enemy...

As for the grass ... I understand, but still, I think that in certain moments is it too much: D can not necessarily grass (grass itself is ok) but other shrubs, which will integrate in August with grass and basically we have only two options in the settings "T" 1 or 2,3,4. Grass and bushes or bald texture.

If you are actually in Vietnam as it looked from the bushes is still greater respect for those who fought there.

In my humble opinion, it was cool to like that existed have any indirect setting. Which for example. Turns on the grass, but not necessarily as many shrubs. Then the game would be more enjoyable and at the same time she looked prettier than when they are the same tree.

Could you tell me what these files do? where they move up?

Edited by maniek

sorry maniek - that would require a complete rebuild of the BIS engine afaik. or a rebuild of all our foliage, and we don't have the original models.

the grass settings in BIS arma 2 engine are OFF, and then distance it is fully visible, from the player position, so 1 may be25m 2 is 50m and so on. it cannot change the height of the grass or the types of bushes seen. you must learn to live with it.

regarding the missions, please re-post in here as I made that thread to keep this topic clean, and mod-related.

cheers

EB

Edited by eggbeast

Evolution missions are really nice.

Btw why they always starta at night ? I can't see 5 meters far from my nose ...

Evolution missions are really nice.

Btw why they always starta at night ? I can't see 5 meters far from my nose ...

wrong thread

grab a flashlight and stagger this way

Edited by eggbeast

I'm working on DAC unit configs for Unsung which I will post up once completed (unless someone has one already for 2.6?)

Not finished yet but I have the VC and NVA units done. Will work on US forces next week.

https://github.com/SavageCDN/DAC_A2

Hello ...

I'm anxious to know if you have a ideia of when is it going to be done the script that will cause a unit can shoot from inside of helicopters as the video!?

Hello ...

I'm anxious to know if you have a ideia of when is it going to be done the script that will cause a unit can shoot from inside of helicopters as the video!?

Hello,

In the next update. When? No one knows. Have a nice playing with the enormous amount of stuff already in the mod.

Hello,

In the next update. When? No one knows. Have a nice playing with the enormous amount of stuff already in the mod.

It's true ... Thanks for replying and sorry ask

hello, what so empty on the server? further been going have any work?

Maybe someone knows other sewery where you can play in Vietnam?

Edited by maniek

all evolution servers restarted this morning - now have correct locations in their names, and set to good time for daylight in each location (dallas, ny, uk)

Cool, US servers :) My ping to the EU servers is actually pretty good, I never really get sync issues. I noticed on the servers that the key signatures is now enforced... I know last weekend we saw a large amount of "addon breakage" in the mission we thought was due to people joining up w/ addons not in the list. So has there been any major sync issues since that was enabled?

I moved my "simple" instructions regarding use of a batch file to page 1 of this thread. The biggest issue seems to be when you don't have a \STEAM folder in the root of your hard drive, where it is nested under another folder such as C:\program files\steam or C:\games\steam or something similar. Hopefully my batch file instructions will help some of those out there who are having install problems. The point of it all is that you must point the unsung launch parameters (the -mod switch) to all of the correct content. INCLUDING, thanks to STEAM, the "Arma 2" folder as well as the "expansion" folder. Yep. Apparently some of the join issues people are having is because the Steam setup doesn't "remember" the "Arma 2" install and so you must point it to that directly. Feedback will be appreciated if you find the .BAT file solution works for you! :)

Mod is really nice, but a thing I noticed, many of the plane's crosshairs are placed very low, way under the centerline/direction the cannonbarrels. it get really irritating since you can barely aim when you are turning and twisting and the cross hair just disappears into the instruments

@pook - we see no desynch now the servers have proper sig checking - its a million times better

@marsvinet - we're not interested in your feedback sorry mate. the mod is done.

a new mission was made by Burdy - gj mate

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182011-COOP-1-51-UNSUNG-Tour-of-Duty-Lowlands

Mod is really nice, but a thing I noticed, many of the plane's crosshairs are placed very low, way under the centerline/direction the cannonbarrels. it get really irritating since you can barely aim when you are turning and twisting and the cross hair just disappears into the instruments

Which ones in particular ? :raisebrow: I don't seem to have that issue

flying CAS for the guys on Ia Drang Valley

IDV2_zpsc6608f88.jpg

preparing a Commando Vault "daisy cutter" drop to make an LZ

IDV1_zps7853abd7.jpg

All the game crosshairs are aligned with the weapons. If you're referring to the actual HUD crosshair then that is due to the 3D modeling location of the textures.

Which ones in particular ? :raisebrow: I don't seem to have that issue

MiG 17 is what I remember from the top of my head, but I believe the MiG 21 also had it, and some more planes. I gotta test it more.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

All the game crosshairs are aligned with the weapons. If you're referring to the actual HUD crosshair then that is due to the 3D modeling location of the textures.

The actual game crosshair, atleast on the MiGs it seems to be placed way under the aircrafts centerline/cannonbarrels

MiG 17 is what I remember from the top of my head, but I believe the MiG 21 also had it, and some more planes. I gotta test it more.

The actual game crosshair, atleast on the MiGs it seems to be placed way under the aircrafts centerline/cannon barrels

all migs have a crosshair aimed down for CAS use, but its well within the glass of the HUD, not down below (like on the skyraider) they are all working just fine.

some pics from tonight's game

camping in a tree house

TREE3_zps4f88da04.jpg

calling the shots on enemy tanks below

TREE2_zps626257ee.jpg

tango down!

TREE1_zps177f3568.jpg

humpin the boonies

TREE4_zps05353333.jpg

clearing the hill south of the throat of Ia Drang Valley

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/TREE5_zpsca88c3bf.jpg (112 kB)

tasking in the Spooky to fight off a night assault by VC guerillas at the FOB

note the mk24 illumination flares we dropped on our first pass

TREE6_zps7ff4ed67.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

hey guys, can anyone tell me what I can do with bayonet and knife?