gulozwood

Infected Script by Gulozwood

For those who use this script, I have identified a flaw in Shaun AI script (used for zombie AI in infected script) that leads to zombies being able to see you from behind.

I've isolated the code from fnc_contact that test if the player is in zombie's FOV. From this, I've made a little mission in VR so anybody who want to check this out can easily experience this f*cked up behaviour. FYI, it only happens at certain azimuts (90 and 270, maybe at a broader range but only tested 0,90,180 and 270).

Test mission download link

Bonus: my script contains an implementation that seems to work well from my preliminary testings. IDK if it's 100% fail-proof but at least, it works better. To test it directly from the VR mission, simply comment #define SHAUN and uncomment #define BASSTARD and reload the mission.

His script goes by distance, not by ACTUAL detection. (I would suggest Gulo to implement the knowsAbout command, as it works really well if controlled properly)

In all honesty guys ryanszombies does a way better job than this script ever will. The original scripter for this has given up on this project. Or so it seems. Check out that mod. I have used both and will not be using this again.

In all honesty guys ryanszombies does a way better job than this script ever will. The original scripter for this has given up on this project. Or so it seems. Check out that mod. I have used both and will not be using this again.

Well...his is better...for now... (Still haven't released DSS, so it might be a game changer for the not-so-many-zombie fans ;) )

As for Gulo, I have been in contact with him many times. And for many of us modders, take breaks from development.

Well...his is better...for now... (Still haven't released DSS, so it might be a game changer for the not-so-many-zombie fans ;) )

As for Gulo, I have been in contact with him many times. And for many of us modders, take breaks from development.

well cant wait to see DSS too. i get the take breaks too. I dont blame him 1 bit. but hey... just drop a line in the thread letting us not modders know.

• Like 1

His script goes by distance, not by ACTUAL detection. (I would suggest Gulo to implement the knowsAbout command, as it works really well if controlled properly)

Not being rude but frankly, I think you might misunderstand what fnc_contact does.

The following code snippet (from fnc_contact) actually tests if the zombie sees the player. This test is made before checking if the distance to player is within aggro radius.

_a = (getPos _target select 0) - (getPos _zombie select 0);
_b = (getPos _target select 1) - (getPos _zombie select 1);
_targetAngle = abs(_a atan2 _b);
_eyeDir = eyeDirection _zombie;
_eyeAngle = abs((_eyeDir select 0) atan2 (_eyeDir select 1));

//DEBUG: Show angle towards player and angle of view
//hintSilent formatText ["Angle: %1, Eyedirection: %2", _targetAngle, _eyeAngle];

//FOV of the a grown up human is about 180 degrees, but that would be unbalanced
if (abs(_targetAngle - _eyeAngle) < 60) then {
};

Nothing fancy here, just some basic Euclidean geometry calculations. But this part is broken as I pointed it out.

From my point of view, this is a game breaking issue, that's why I warned the community about it, but if you are ok with that, just stick with it and ignore my comment.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey gulozwood , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Not being rude but frankly, I think you might misunderstand what fnc_contact does.

The following code snippet (from fnc_contact) actually tests if the zombie sees the player. This test is made before checking if the distance to player is within aggro radius.

_a = (getPos _target select 0) - (getPos _zombie select 0);
_b = (getPos _target select 1) - (getPos _zombie select 1);
_targetAngle = abs(_a atan2 _b);
_eyeDir = eyeDirection _zombie;
_eyeAngle = abs((_eyeDir select 0) atan2 (_eyeDir select 1));

//DEBUG: Show angle towards player and angle of view
//hintSilent formatText ["Angle: %1, Eyedirection: %2", _targetAngle, _eyeAngle];

//FOV of the a grown up human is about 180 degrees, but that would be unbalanced
if (abs(_targetAngle - _eyeAngle) < 60) then {
};
Nothing fancy here, just some basic Euclidean geometry calculations. But this part is broken as I pointed it out.

From my point of view, this is a game breaking issue, that's why I warned the community about it, but if you are ok with that, just stick with it and ignore my comment.

I haven't got a problem with your comment, I think it has some vital information that BI needs to take for improving their Ai behaviour. :)

I also attempted Geometric theories to calculate the direction my Zed (or weeping angel) will look at, but unfortunately those theories barely worked to perfection. I really wish BI could improve their A.I. behaviour. Hell, I would do it for them as soon as I am fully trained in Bohemia Interactive Simulations.

Is it possible to disable the zombies from using civilian local voice chatter? Ruins the immersion for me. 

I'm new with modules,where could I replace the units it currently uses? I have the Zombie & Demons script that I'd like to use to make the zombies walk slow, but I have no idea where or how to replace the current units this script has.

I'm new with modules, do I simply replace "INF_fnc_infectedzone" with any unit ID? I have the Zombie & Demons script that I'd like to use to make the zombies walk slow, but I have no idea where or how to replace the current units this script has.

Hi, i read through this topic however I did not see anything on this. Is there a way when you are "bitten" by the zombie you will be infected and will die if you are not healed in a certain amount of time. Please let me know thanks!!