kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

UPDATE v1.1 available!!!!!!!!!!

-Littlebirds now have Flares (forgot to mention that in v1.0 :-p)

So if I'm using this client-side only I only get the HUD updates. But if the server also runs it, littlebirds get flares?

Edited by Littleturn
Clarification

So if I'm using this client-side only I only get the HUD updates. But if the server also runs it, littlebirds get flares?

That's an affirm

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Finally took some time to check this out, and while I fly the Ghost Hawk VFR mostly, I do have to say that its actually quite nice. My only recommendation however is to make the velocity vector maybe 50 to 75% smaller, as it's kinda big. I know we can go with things such as "right up in the face" etc. but it's a bit big.

Thanks, I'm glad u like it. Once I get some time after polishing the HAFM helos, I'll get back to it.

Can we get Helmet Mounted Sight,fire and forget weapons too?

You mean slaving the turrets to the helmet? Not gonna happen sorry.

And fire and forget weapons? almost every lockable weapon in arma is IR guided, thus being fire and forget.

Illl take a look at those errors.

Heres a little sneak preview for some LOBL and LOAL that we'll integrate into it.

Credits go to Shadow from the RWCO

LOBL Mode

GPbVV8GcSYI

LOAL Mode

hw2wQGIiBS4

That's an affirm

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Thanks, I'm glad u like it. Once I get some time after polishing the HAFM helos, I'll get back to it.

Cool and thanks!

UPDATE v1.2 AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y9qi4w7kuh4u850/AACmoE2h6wF6Bg0Lmgpr7oX9a

Version 1.2:

- Changed how the Total velocity vector works and reduced it's size.

- Reduced the size of the waterline mark (the pitch ladder is ultra sensitive so to have the W somewhat over the 0º dash is steady enough for a hover)

- Changed the optics of the turrets in AH-99 and WY-55, and how they work, see for yourselves

- Added "radar" contacts / laser contacts markers on the HMD for the Comanche (like those lil green boxes that show over targets on John Spartan's F/A-18).

- More minor tweaks to Stuff.

Persistent issues on v1.2:

- Gunners on gunshps cannot see the HMD unless they take controls.

- The altitude AGL number and scale show +2m error, this is a problem even in the vanilla choppers.

Thanks again for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just tried it out man, nice work!

Hosted dedicated server. Keys are installed. Keep getting kicked when we try to join with this mod active (client side). Is the key enough or must we add the @mod folder to our server startup string?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnak8s9ge1cgdvu/kimi_hud.png here's proof its all in the right place

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Players who join without the mod report that players who join with are being kicked for incorrect key (wrong signature for file).

Edited by lawndartleo

Hosted dedicated server. Keys are installed. Keep getting kicked when we try to join with this mod active (client side). Is the key enough or must we add the @mod folder to our server startup string?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnak8s9ge1cgdvu/kimi_hud.png here's proof its all in the right place

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Players who join without the mod report that players who join with are being kicked for incorrect key (wrong signature for file).

Ok, this is bad news. Have you tried loading the mod in the server? I tell you cause i added some more stuff into it in the last update that might not make it clientside only. If this doesn't work, I'll remove the not-so-clientside features from it (lil bird with flares, armed hellcat with laser designator, bla bla).

Yeah I went on UK-FRG's server and the only issue i had was high ping, but that was it, the mod activated fine without any issues that I was aware of.

I've used this mod several times myself on dedicated servers as a client-side tool and as EricJ stated above; I had no issues with it either.

P.M. sent to LawnDartLeo

Loading up fresh mod and key to server, loading up fresh mod to my client. Testing shortly. Will report result.

Also could you do the same (make the "W" smaller) on the Blackfoot? But otherwise its a great help to flying even though I still flew VFR, nice work still :)

Any chance we could get a system that can take a picture from inside a monocle sight attached to the pilots`helmets and transfer the picture to a Commander`s Tablet? Like an F-4 fly over ,taking pictures for BDA?

Cool!

Maybe,it could be possible to remove the front/instruments panel to see clearly,when taking pictures?:j:

Or make a Pod with a camera that stay fixed on one spot,taking advantage of code from the Drone Section of SitRep.

Edited by Teddybear1

Also could you do the same (make the "W" smaller) on the Blackfoot? But otherwise its a great help to flying even though I still flew VFR, nice work still :)

Be sure to check to the turret on the blackfoot and hellcats works ;)

And don't forget the radar boxes that show up over targets like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295071967

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Any chance we could get a system that can take a picture from inside a monocle sight attached to the pilots`helmets and transfer the picture to a Commander`s Tablet? Like an F-4 fly over ,taking pictures for BDA?

Cool!

Maybe,it could be possible to remove the front/instruments panel to see clearly,when taking pictures?:j:

Or make a Pod with a camera that stay fixed on one spot,taking advantage of code from the Drone Section of SitRep.

Well, this script might work for that then: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179309-Release-Script-TGP-Targeting-Pod-for-Air-Vehicles

Be sure to check to the turret on the blackfoot and hellcats works ;)

And don't forget the radar boxes that show up over targets like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295071967

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Well, this script might work for that then: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179309-Release-Script-TGP-Targeting-Pod-for-Air-Vehicles

Yeah I saw the radar boxes when I was doing some practice in the editor, but haven't checked the turrets, will do though.

Uploaded new mod and key to hosted/dedicated... active @mod = kicked.

Uploaded mod to my dedicated box next to me here... active @mod (and it is the ONLY mod active)... No sig check, no problem... sig check enabled = kicked (log reports wrong signature file for the mod).

In both cases, kimi_bolso.bikey resides in /keys.

Uploaded new mod and key to hosted/dedicated... active @mod = kicked.

Uploaded mod to my dedicated box next to me here... active @mod (and it is the ONLY mod active)... No sig check, no problem... sig check enabled = kicked (log reports wrong signature file for the mod).

In both cases, kimi_bolso.bikey resides in /keys.

Ok, try again with this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y9qi4w7kuh4u850/AACmoE2h6wF6Bg0Lmgpr7oX9a

I made a new key (again). It's the same link but i changed what's inside of that dropbox.

If the problem persists could u please continue via PM?

PM'ing

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Thanks for the help Kimi... we'll get this sorted.

To the rest of you NOT having problems I have some questions

1) Are you using a hosted dedicated (Gameservers.com or ???) or a private dedicated server (a box in a basement).

2) Are you using a keycheck parameter (verifySignatures=1) in your server config?