kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

Hey kimi,

forgive me, i thought i asked you about this some time ago but can't find the info anymore. Sometime last year, the A-164 got the multi function camera added. I still do have the problem that your HMDs somehow move that camera forward so that it is placed infront of the Gau8. In your post from 02.2016 you mentioned an experimental camera for the A-164 accessible via the slingload keybinding. Doesn't work for me though. Nothing happens when i press that specific key. Its not that great a deal since the multi function camera does not come with a laser to self designate anyway. Still, would be nice to hvae this working correctly to get a better picture whats going on down below. 

On 31/3/2017 at 7:45 AM, xon2 said:

Hey kimi,

forgive me, i thought i asked you about this some time ago but can't find the info anymore. Sometime last year, the A-164 got the multi function camera added. I still do have the problem that your HMDs somehow move that camera forward so that it is placed infront of the Gau8. In your post from 02.2016 you mentioned an experimental camera for the A-164 accessible via the slingload keybinding. Doesn't work for me though. Nothing happens when i press that specific key. Its not that great a deal since the multi function camera does not come with a laser to self designate anyway. Still, would be nice to hvae this working correctly to get a better picture whats going on down below. 

Oh shit, I forgot to remove that line, my bad. I'll be getting into the new HUD stuff sometime soon and add the fix for the above.

• Like 1

hey mate, thx for the reply. Don't beat yourself up about it. I guess you have your plate full with the new stuff coming with the jets dlc when it fully hits main branch. Have you taken a look how it affects your great mod?

Another question: do you think it possible to to add an optional config to all helos which have a gunner turret and make that turret accessable for the pilot as well? Its really a pain that you cannot operate the Blackfoot properly om SP. Said helicopters config contains this part for example:

class Turrets: Turrets
        {
            class MainTurret: MainTurret
            {
                isCopilot=1;
                CanEject=0;
                startEngine=0;
                minElev=-51;
                maxElev=9;
                initElev=6;
                minTurn=-120;
                maxTurn=120;
                initTurn=0;
                class OpticsIn

I am no coder but i wonder whether all the parts concerning the turret could be copied for the pilot so both have access to the main turret. Additionally a laser for the A-164 turret would make it worth while again. Though i am not sure whether jets dlc adds the laser anyway or at least lets the A-164 carry a TGP as we can see it in the Scannin the Horizon video under the Viggens Belly.

Anyway, i am curious to hear your thoughts and ideas about your HMDs and jets dlc. Cheers mate.

Nope, turrets are locked to each crew position.

4 hours ago, xon2 said:

Another question: do you think it possible to to add an optional config to all helos which have a gunner turret and make that turret accessable for the pilot as well? 

so both have access to the main turret. Additionally a laser for the A-164 turret would make it worth while again. Though i am not sure whether jets dlc adds the laser anyway or at least lets the A-164 carry a TGP as we can see it in the Scannin the Horizon video under the Viggens Belly.

Anyway, i am curious to hear your thoughts and ideas about your HMDs and jets dlc. Cheers mate.

Pilot cameras are slowly being added to rotorcraft on the dev branch for the Jets DLC, as well as laser designators via camera on most of the Jets.

Just got to play the waiting game.

noice...thx for the info. Perfect, that what i hoped for!

ehm, so i am on dev branch now but do not notice a camera change for the helos. Did you mean helicopters getting proper cameras for the pilot when you said: '' Pilot cameras are slowly being added to rotorcraft on the dev branch...'' or did you refer to the A-164 and other planes?

Hello Kimi and thank you for this great mod!

I want to ask you about which version is the latest and where to find it, as well as whether I need to have more than one of your mods in order to have RHS and vanilla HMDs.

The reason I ask is that on steam I see 3 versions and the version 3.7.1 available via armaholic is different than any of these. I am running an Exile server and want to have this mod as optional for my server and include it in my mod collection on steam for easy download for my players. Currently the versions missmatch and I can either have the vanilla hummingbird/pawnee HMDs or the MELB RHS HMDs but not both.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated & again thank you for this awesome mod!! :D

On 14/4/2017 at 8:04 AM, bofhgr said:

Hello Kimi and thank you for this great mod!

I want to ask you about which version is the latest and where to find it, as well as whether I need to have more than one of your mods in order to have RHS and vanilla HMDs.

The reason I ask is that on steam I see 3 versions and the version 3.7.1 available via armaholic is different than any of these. I am running an Exile server and want to have this mod as optional for my server and include it in my mod collection on steam for easy download for my players. Currently the versions missmatch and I can either have the vanilla hummingbird/pawnee HMDs or the MELB RHS HMDs but not both.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated & again thank you for this awesome mod!! :D

All versions have the same content, regardless of the version number. The armaholic and PWS versions include an optional folder in which you'll find both RHS and MELB HMDs.

In SW however, I had to create difference addons to be able to have them as optional, so both the RHS and the MELB HMDs from SW require the original HMD mod.

Also, it's worth noting that the HMD mod is not a clientside mod! You can in theory use it by removing the weapon related pbo's in the addons folder, but i doubt that random players that would want to join your server will be willing to get dirty and remove pbos themselves. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2017 at 4:41 PM, xon2 said:

noice...thx for the info. Perfect, that what i hoped for!

ehm, so i am on dev branch now but do not notice a camera change for the helos. Did you mean helicopters getting proper cameras for the pilot when you said: '' Pilot cameras are slowly being added to rotorcraft on the dev branch...'' or did you refer to the A-164 and other planes?

Nah, if you looked through the devbranch changelogs you can see which ones they've added 'PNVS (pilotCamera)' to a few vehicles like the Xian.

I guess in theory you might be able to either write a config replacement for vehicles or script a camera to be added.

Edit: I Just realised you were talking about seeing the gunners view, not a seperate view (al'la, targeting pod or sling camera)

a seperate camera with laser like it is being added to all the planes would be great of course. But having access to the gunner turret would be even more exciting....then you could actually really fly these bird solo and emplloy the gun properly...

I had taken a look at the config for the Blackfoot and it kinda looks like you just have to add the gunner stuff to the pilot. Once compiled the game wouldn't start anymore, guess the bisign freaked out.

On 4/16/2017 at 5:48 PM, kimi_uy said:

All versions have the same content, regardless of the version number. The armaholic and PWS versions include an optional folder in which you'll find both RHS and MELB HMDs.

In SW however, I had to create difference addons to be able to have them as optional, so both the RHS and the MELB HMDs from SW require the original HMD mod.

Also, it's worth noting that the HMD mod is not a clientside mod! You can in theory use it by removing the weapon related pbo's in the addons folder, but i doubt that random players that would want to join your server will be willing to get dirty and remove pbos themselves. 

Thanks for getting back to me!

What I want to do is to have your mod mandatory for anyone that joins the server, so they get those glorious HMDs regardless of whether they fly the RHS-MELB-H and play with the laser targeting or they get the civilian version that's offered in Exile, everyone should have your HMDs as a default option.

How can I achieve that? I currently have 3 versions available on steam as supported optional mods, but can I make some mandatory and integrate them so one does not override the other?

Thank you for your time!

Hello,

is it possible to have a key combination to enable / disable the hud being visible on the client? I know some addons (ST_HUD for example) allow to disable the hud via menu.

Some pilots might like it, some might want to fly without. However, some clans require it to be activated while joining. So the pilots that do not want to fly with it, have no option. 

Flying with TIR5 and a two stage trigger (1st Trigger Centering TIR5, 2nd Trigger firing) makes my aim look like this: https://gyazo.com/d9e5a2742f57cc9f3492e58db92bd2e1

Looking forward for your reply! :-)

Best Regards

Ed

12 minutes ago, E. Freeman said:

Hello,

is it possible to have a key combination to enable / disable the hud being visible on the client? I know some addons (ST_HUD for example) allow to disable the hud via menu.

Some pilots might like it, some might want to fly without. However, some clans require it to be activated while joining. So the pilots that do not want to fly with it, have no option. 

Flying with TIR5 and a two stage trigger (1st Trigger Centering TIR5, 2nd Trigger firing) makes my aim look like this: https://gyazo.com/d9e5a2742f57cc9f3492e58db92bd2e1

Looking forward for your reply! :-)

Best Regards

Ed

That's something i've been trying to add since i created this mod. Unfortunately there's no easy was to achieve that.

hey dude....i could swear i have turned of your mod atm moment to see what is changing on dev branch for the vanilla helos....and it sure looks like your stuff is getting the official bi 'seal and logo'. When i fired up the Blackfoot/Comanche i had to recheck that i actually did disable your hmds. Is it just me or are they really simliar?

3 hours ago, xon2 said:

hey dude....i could swear i have turned of your mod atm moment to see what is changing on dev branch for the vanilla helos....and it sure looks like your stuff is getting the official bi 'seal and logo'. When i fired up the Blackfoot/Comanche i had to recheck that i actually did disable your hmds. Is it just me or are they really simliar?

I cannot confirm nor deny such statements. :hehe:

Nah, yeah I'm pretty sure they did use some of my stuff, I've notcied some ideas I implemented were reproduced on some of their HUDs. I'm fine with it, it's their game either way.

For the comanche, I can definetely see the heading tape and slip ball being my idea (the latter uses G's instead of lateral velocity, so no matter how hard you step on the ball, you won't get a coordinated turn). 

But I wanna be clear on somethig, I try to implement what RL HMDs show (mostly Ah-64D) in the code provided by BIS, so they can also replicate the features on their own.

I can tell you than one BIS dev reached me out last year asking if i could give him some ideas i thought were cool to have for HUDs, one year later they are adding some of that stuff in the new jets DLC, so I can't complain.

BTW, I'm working on some shit for the RNLAF AH-64D that takes HMDs to the next level of awesomeness. Hopefully it will also be replicated on the RHS helos.

Kimi, quick question before I give this a test run:

Regarding the RHS helicopters, especially the MELBS: Does your mod introduce a reticle for the weapons on it as part of the HUD? For as much as I love the MELBS, flying them with TrackIR makes it very hard to aim, and this mod could potentially save me so much pain.

2 minutes ago, almanzo said:

Kimi, quick question before I give this a test run:

Regarding the RHS helicopters, especially the MELBS: Does your mod introduce a reticle for the weapons on it as part of the HUD? For as much as I love the MELBS, flying them with TrackIR makes it very hard to aim, and this mod could potentially save me so much pain.

Yes ;)

Here's a picture of how it looks. Be advised, the dashed cross in the middle represents the turret aim point, so if you're flying alone the turret will zero to the centerline by default.

7 hours ago, E. Freeman said:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kimi_uy said:

Yes ;)

Here's a picture of how it looks. Be advised, the dashed cross in the middle represents the turret aim point, so if you're flying alone the turret will zero to the centerline by default.

That is so awesome!

Thanks for the quick reply kimi,

maybe add a transparancy option? 

Transparancy 100% = Deactivating (workarround) *G*

Best Regards

Ed

Oddly I haven't found this in time before developing VPHUD as it's kinda what I was looking for. It uses the MFD classes doesn't it?

22 hours ago, Grester said:

Oddly I haven't found this in time before developing VPHUD as it's kinda what I was looking for. It uses the MFD classes doesn't it?

Indeed.

The way you do it allows you to do pretty much whatever you want for a HUD. In contrast, class MFD is so limited in the amount of sources and conditions that it required a bazillion lines of config do just one lil thing. So I'd say keep up your good work, and if u are able to expand on it, then do so, again, because it's inmensely superior to class MFD.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kimi_uy said:

The way you do it allows you to do pretty much whatever you want for a HUD. In contrast, class MFD is so limited in the amount of sources and conditions that it required a bazillion lines of config do just one lil thing. So I'd say keep up your good work, and if u are able to expand on it, then do so, again, because it's inmensely superior to class MFD.

It is indeed easier to expand, and since it doesn't rely on classes it doesn't need to overload any parent classes, eleminating inheritance problems.

With Jets DLC adding an HMD to the Blackfish, I'll be removing mine form the mod.

I will also remove the RAH-66 COmanche (CAS) version because of the addition of dynamic loadouts now available in the mission editor.

Currently I'm in the process of cleaning up the mod and adjusting configs to match the new standards and also upgrading most of the HMDs to include the new features.

I also noticed that the Blackfoot chopper might have some issues with the HMD right now, but that'll be fixed soon aswell.

• Like 2

Could be a bug. The HMD Mod (Imperial) on RHS CH-53E still shows Metric values.