Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Patch 1.24 (Bootcamp Update) Feedback

Been watching gameplay video from Jester 814 with the new update, don't see any reason for all this complain about fatigue and sway...he is the known "berserker " sprints a lot, don't see all this sway

Now that not a single custom weapon can fire with sound because of whatever they tweaked all custom weapons have to be turned off. I say revert to 1.22 that worked just fine until you guys sort that out. Do not make a change then sit back and say "Well the modders need to change their files to conform to our game." Well as of yesterday morning those modded files worked fine then BIS released 1.24 and it has gone to shit. I am sorry i use a heavily modded game because that is what arma is about. Now i am inconvenienced along with a couple hundred thousand other people and BIS is going to act like "Oh well that is your problem." By deleting peoples feed back tracker reports of it. Well i guess i am done playing arma for a year or so i will come back when they fix THEIR mistake.

When my new pc parts arrive i will, but don't see a argument that invalidates mine

When my new pc parts arrive i will, but don't see a argument that invalidates mine

maybe you should see this. also not found any new video from jester except for the sp gameplay vid thats 18h old.

Still don't find this sway excessive....

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

And jester video is as old as the first complains i've seen about it

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

aiming at longer distances without resting the gun, requires a good strength in core and arms and a good stance so... you wont be as accurate as a well rested gun

Now that not a single custom weapon can fire with sound because of whatever they tweaked all custom weapons have to be turned off. I say revert to 1.22 that worked just fine until you guys sort that out. Do not make a change then sit back and say "Well the modders need to change their files to conform to our game." Well as of yesterday morning those modded files worked fine then BIS released 1.24 and it has gone to shit. I am sorry i use a heavily modded game because that is what arma is about. Now i am inconvenienced along with a couple hundred thousand other people and BIS is going to act like "Oh well that is your problem." By deleting peoples feed back tracker reports of it. Well i guess i am done playing arma for a year or so i will come back when they fix THEIR mistake.

BIS announced that step quite a while ago to allow modders to adjust - and AFAIK at least one of the major sound mods has already been adjusted. The reason for the change was to get rid of few bugs that people brought attention to. What solution would you propose? Keep the bugs in the game?'

As for you being inconvienced - is it really that inconvenient to download an actuall iteration of one of the sound mods that already works?

My Steam is downloading a 136MB update. Is it a hotfix? Can't find any notes for it yet. :confused:

Nah, it was just "a common redistributable by Steam (DotNet)".

Edited by Greenfist

Reduce fatigue by 15-20%, it's too much. Other than that, i've been countering the weapon sway by using vts_weaponresting.

And jester video is as old as the first complains i've seen about it

I severely doubt he recorded and edited that video right as the new update was published. I'm sure there's enough lag time involved to ascertain that his latest video was not recorded during patch 1.24

The changes have been out on the dev branch for a while. No way to confirm that though.

I have to say im impressed with the update regarding bootcamp, virtual training and virtual arsenal. Well done guys. :)

Could we perhaps get an update where the "place unit" in the editor gets a drop down menu that fetch saved virtual arsenal loadouts? I saw you can fetch from Zeus so maybe its possible? Go to VA and make a couple loadouts, then into editor, place unit, click loadout drop down - choose saved loadout. That would be sweet. As of now we have to make all the loadouts, save them, alt tab, open notepad, back to game, load each one and export each one. Then start the editor, alt tab, copy paste to init of unit, rince repeat for each unit.

Dont get me wrong - love the VA, and it sure makes life easier. Also, its fun. But maybe its possible? If we say pwetty pwease BIS with sugar on top you'll look into it? :)

Cheers for the update. :cool:

I have to say im impressed with the update regarding bootcamp, virtual training and virtual arsenal. Well done guys. :)

Could we perhaps get an update where the "place unit" in the editor gets a drop down menu that fetch saved virtual arsenal loadouts? I saw you can fetch from Zeus so maybe its possible? Go to VA and make a couple loadouts, then into editor, place unit, click loadout drop down - choose saved loadout. That would be sweet. As of now we have to make all the loadouts, save them, alt tab, open notepad, back to game, load each one and export each one. Then start the editor, alt tab, copy paste to init of unit, rince repeat for each unit.

Dont get me wrong - love the VA, and it sure makes life easier. Also, its fun. But maybe its possible? If we say pwetty pwease BIS with sugar on top you'll look into it? :)

Cheers for the update. :cool:

That's a good intermediate step, ideally we'd have a link to the VA directly from the unit, and it could be exported straight into the unit without the need to save the loadout.

Is the new weapon sway more intense but less random? Because that sounds perfect to me. Weapon sway that is done in the right way should be easy to deal with because it should be relatively easy to know when the reticle will hit the target and when you need to take the shot.

Besides, who doesn't use an addon that allows resting at this point? You really should. It's pretty much essential.

The sound engine needs serious work now BIS. There's still NO 3D AUDIO in Arma3, which is such a loss.

People playing with a normal 2 speaker setup should hear the difference when something is in front of them and behind them. This 3D audio filtering does not exist in Arma3. Sadly.

Also, ambient sounds should get a reboot and be made stereo in-the-game-world. As it is now, most ambient sounds play inside the player's head. You can turn around, left, right, anywhere but the ambient sound stays exactly in the same position, because it's played in your head, not the game world.

I like the VR addition. Hope to see cool maps made in the VR world.

The sound engine needs serious work now BIS. There's still NO 3D AUDIO in Arma3, which is such a loss.

There was something related to positional audio in yesterday's dev branch changelog:

ENGINE

• Sound: Locate position of sound

Haven't tested it though.

For players who do not belong clan arma3 in vanilla mode changed nothing, but for players who gostão simulate almost real life almost ended our fun, my clan has 10 GB of addons and mod now go to waste, we are thinking migrating to BF2 PR congratulations BIS.

sorry my bad english

There was something related to positional audio in yesterday's dev branch changelog:

Haven't tested it though.

Thanks for the reply MadDog. Yes i tested it last night.

Try it in VR, a helicopter in front of you and behind you sounds exactly the same. The devs still haven't (audibly?) implemented any 3D filtering.

My feedback is, "It's Sh*t", I'm sorry but the arma series has and had always been a military simulator, and so far BIS have not shown any intention of implying any actual military simulation into arma 3, They took their first insulting dump on the community when they released the Karts DLC, "Check out this military sim guys you can drive around in Go karts, Wait what?" Out of all the problems, bugs and content that needs fixing and adding, where Go karts in any of it? it just goes to show what BIS is focusing on, and it's not realism.

The Arma community pretty much Run's arma and without it there wouldn't really be much of a game, and most modders/scripter/model makers are trying their utmost to input as much realism into Arma 3 just to get it as good as Arma 2 was! So why is BIS releasing sh*t that f**ks up Modders sounds, how is that helping the community in any way?

I understand this is a bit of a rant, but I am so disappointed in BIS's effort to input realism in a game they call a Military simulator, especially when it comes from a long chain of very decent military simulation games and programs.

This VR update is a basically a blank map and 3D blocks released untextured which requires 0 effort to do (correct me if I'm wrong map makers) and was it anything on the bug fix list? No, was it adding any new or improved military simulation?, No. Infact its gone the complete opposite way, "lets make a Update for the game simulating you're in a game, like MCC sandbox but without textures, oh and we will F**k all the sound up for the modding community".

Please do not take this post in the wrong way, I am simply expressing MY disappointment and opinions with BIS's effort to make this game what it can very easily and should be, A military Simulator. Not a get into battle quick run around shooting FPS game.

There are more than 2 people working on ArmA 3.

It's not because some people working on free contents or DLC that they can't work on debugging.

My feedback is, "It's Sh*t", I'm sorry but the arma series has and had always been a military simulator, and so far BIS have not shown any intention of implying any actual military simulation into arma 3, They took their first insulting dump on the community when they released the Karts DLC, "Check out this military sim guys you can drive around in Go karts, Wait what?" Out of all the problems, bugs and content that needs fixing and adding, where Go karts in any of it? it just goes to show what BIS is focusing on, and it's not realism.

Educate yourself, it has been posted over and over, endless times that one guy did that in his spare time, seriously!

The Arma community pretty much Run's arma and without it there wouldn't really be much of a game, and most modders/scripter/model makers are trying their utmost to input as much realism into Arma 3 just to get it as good as Arma 2 was! So why is BIS releasing sh*t that f**ks up Modders sounds, how is that helping the community in any way?

Again, as has been stated over and over, to make improvements to sounds it requires a config change, they released the information and the necessary steps a month ago.

I understand this is a bit of a rant, but I am so disappointed in BIS's effort to input realism in a game they call a Military simulator, especially when it comes from a long chain of very decent military simulation games and programs.

They just put more realism into the game, literally the biggest thing in the bootcamp update is the weapon sway.

This VR update is a basically a blank map and 3D blocks released untextured which requires 0 effort to do (correct me if I'm wrong map makers) and was it anything on the bug fix list? No, was it adding any new or improved military simulation?, No. Infact its gone the complete opposite way, "lets make a Update for the game simulating you're in a game, like MCC sandbox but without textures, oh and we will F**k all the sound up for the modding community".

If it takes 0 effort it takes 0 time, why are you complaining? It's a feature, deal with it.

Please do not take this post in the wrong way, I am simply expressing MY disappointment and opinions with BIS's effort to make this game what it can very easily and should be, A military Simulator. Not a get into battle quick run around shooting FPS game.

Again, educate yourself, they just completely changed the mechanics of the game to make it less like a "quick run around shooting FPS game". And how could this post be taken in any other way, you said it yourself it's a rant.

For players who do not belong clan arma3 in vanilla mode changed nothing, but for players who gostão simulate almost real life almost ended our fun, my clan has 10 GB of addons and mod now go to waste, we are thinking migrating to BF2 PR congratulations BIS.

sorry my bad english

Your're not the only Group they have F**ked over mate. WTF are BIS playing at ey?

;2730313']There are more than 2 people working on ArmA 3.

It's not because some people working on free contents or DLC that they can't work on debugging.

DAYZ mod for ArmA 2 => done by 1 guy during free time

Karts DLC => done by 1 guy during free time

ZEUS DLC => done by 1-2 guys (as it was said)

I can't believe 1 seconde that 30 people are working on ArmA 3 since release :rolleyes:

Edited by Major_Shepard

Anything that makes people have to use the grey matter between their ears to complete their objectives can only be a good thing. If I wanted the run and gun option then I would have stuck to CoD, BF3 and so on. That being said, however, I do like to have the freedom of choice. To me, it's a bit like the 1st Vs 3rd PoV debate (please let's not go there on here!).

Like a lot of people have said on this thread, the weapon sway and fatigue values just need to be tweaked a little to make them a little more realistic. I know that with similar amounts/weight of equipment I could cover ground quicker and a little further than the current set up and recover quicker too. But it is a step in the right direction to making it even more immersive and it can only get better over time.

Although why BI wouldn't put their own weapon resting mechanic in is, to me, a little boggling. Unless they want to make people pay for it when they release the Marksman DLC... Cynical? Moi?

I think BIs approach to ArmA 3, although not the worst I have seen, is a little puzzling; releasing a game with a lot of bugs and not really addressing them as well as they could despite having the means to do so, no proper (or at least decent) medical system, comm's system, weapon resting or bi-pod feature, no campaign upon release, no training scenario/bootcamp missions on release for the new-to-ArmA players. It's only about 10 months late (if you go by official release date and not the Alpha and Beta releases), so better late than never I suppose.

I remember ArmA 2, while it had its problems when released, being handled better; it had a campaign, tutorials and was an improvement on ArmA 1. It seems that BI have not learned any lessons from the release of the last two titles and have released an unfinished game still dependent on various mods (depending on the individuals tastes) to make it play better. But again, this is a debate fro another time.

The modding community is a massive part of this game and the ArmA community. Without the modders this game probably would have died a death a long time ago so BI giving notice about these levels of changes to configs and so on is only a good thing and it's great they are addressing broken elements of the game, but not everyone reads these notices and other threads. It caught my group out last night and we had to run a semi-vanilla session instead of what was originally planned. I was quite annoyed at the situation at first. While quickly building the backup session I had a few choice words for the dev's at BI while I was building,that's for certain. But it' no big deal. Lesson learned: pay more attention to the forums. We're in the process of sorting our mods out and we'll run the original planned session at a later date. Shit happens.