mecharius

[Release] Anvil Mission Editor and Framework

It would be great to see an updated version if its not too difficult to implement.

Looks like the new Eden editor completely changes the SQM mission format which breaks Anvil.

If there is an easy fix I'll try to implement it and release an update. There are a bunch of new features on the development branch https://github.com/will-hart/AnvilEditor/tree/developwhich it would be nice to release at the same time.

@delta99 Unfortunately the changes are fairly major and require a complete rewrite of the SQM parsing engine. That's the price of A3 editor progress I guess :) While I don't really like leaving this in a "broken" state, and the updates are on my (long) to do list, it is unlikely I'll find the time to get around to this in the near future. 

@-XFIRE- If you can provide the map files I'll happily upload them to the website. There is some discussion about how to export maps here - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170248-release-anvil-mission-editor-and-framework/?do=findComment&comment=2764607 and in the linked threads

Sad but understandable....

I've always thought that BI should make a simple module based system that does the same thing.  Drop modules on locations, set some parameters, synch them in some logical progression, instant mission.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mecharius said:

@delta99 Unfortunately the changes are fairly major and require a complete rewrite of the SQM parsing engine. That's the price of A3 editor progress I guess :) While I don't really like leaving this in a "broken" state, and the updates are on my (long) to do list, it is unlikely I'll find the time to get around to this in the near future. 

@-XFIRE- If you can provide the map files I'll happily upload them to the website. There is some discussion about how to export maps here - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170248-release-anvil-mission-editor-and-framework/?do=findComment&comment=2764607 and in the linked threads

Understandable!!

7 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Sad but understandable....

I've always thought that BI should make a simple module based system that does the same thing.  Drop modules on locations, set some parameters, synch them in some logical progression, instant mission.

They always do this but only half-assed and only half document and then drop it. If they would fully commit to some of these type of things there would be much more easy mission creation. Instead what they get are people frustrated using the half created tools and systems and never get things fully working. Then give up.

@mecharius I just started using the Anvil Editor, great job!  However, after placing the objective in Anvil, I can't fine the markers in the 3D editor.  When I click Play, the objectives are showing way off the map.  Any idea as to what is causing this?  

The march of time and updates has hobbled Anvil to nearly if not completely unusable.

Yea, i know, but I was able to solve my issue.  Just deleted the mission I created and started over from scratch and now I an move the objectives around.  This is still a great way to create missions.