.kju

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - community patches (Arma version only)

I had same result as Gunter, having to hit Ignore repeatedly while being on Iron Front version 1.06 - abit confusing

Make that 1.6, just saw on another forum that really equals 1.00 and that I now need 1.03/1.04/1.05 - where do i get these?! I already downloaded like 10-15 gigs tonight trying to get this thing up and running in Arma 3 lol

Edited by froggyluv

I got it sorted I did what kju said, and basically i uninstalled and reinstalled IF, then redid the conversion and the applied the v1.05 to v1.12 patch, game now says v 1.12 on the menu.

So Froggyluv suggest you just uninstall and reinstall IF apply the vanilla IF patches, test, then do the conversion, then apply the v1.05 -v1.12 patch and it will work.

you need these files for the IFA3 conversion to work: @CBA_A3,@LIB_DLC_1,@if_other_addons,@IF,@IFA3SA,@IFa3m,@IFA3 and in that order based on the wiki.

As for the vanilla patches you need Froggluv you can get them here on this thread:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/official-patches-6249912?pid=1277704858#post1277704858 (go to last post they are listed there)

I have them linked from the official IF wiki, Im also going to get them listed on the MR in case anyone needs them for a scenario like this or who just needs

them as they just bought the game or are starting over.

Hmm still having a real tough time as Ive redownloaded most patches to make sure nothing was corrupt.

Heres my screenie: http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/froggyluv/IRONFRONT_zpsd97af652.png

1st: Installed my Sprocket version of IF v1.0

2nd: Installed the 1.0-1.03

3rd: Installed 1.03 -1.04

4th: Installed 1.04 - 1.05

5th: Pressed 'Create IF Arma' conversion which after a few minutes says completed.

6.: Try to install the 1.05 - 1.12 patch and all hell breaks loose with an error message per addon as you can see on the screenie

Ive tried this now maybe 4-5 times with no success. Also I see there's another small 6.5mb patch called 1.0-1.07 I believe but not sure what thats for?

Did you uninstall IF, and reinstall it, thats what worked for me, then install the stock patches, test, then do the conversion, test, then patch it.

when i say test go ingame and see what version it is, then go in the editor place a soldier and see if it runs.

screenshot tells me nothing, cant read anything.

Bah -what happened was I forget to change the two Converter paths back to Arma 3 from Arma 2 after I shut it down and restarted it.

That patch seems to be applying seemlessly right now. :)

That would also do it, mainly it would create an empty IF folder in the directory.

Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks for help but still having some problems:

When tryin to load the 2 SP missions that come along, many, many errors pop up that shut wont allow them to start.

They seem to be all Ca_ relatedIe. Ca_modules_finctions, Camisc3, Castructures_e_misc_misc_interior, CaStructures_e_misc_misc_interiors, ind_tank, Ca_module_clouds,

Also cannot load texture ca\data\env_land.co.pak

Seems like maybe Im misin a CA folder maybe? DO I need A1A installed as well also?

You need these @CBA_A3,@LIB_DLC_1,@if_other_addons,@IF,@IFA3SA,@I Fa3m,@IFA3

review the wiki for the full installation and required files but the main one you need is @IFA3SA

Well thanks for hanging in there with me but I simply don't understand why I'm missing any folders after following the instructions.

Seems I don't have @IFASA nor @IFA3, which patch installs those? I understand your telling me to just follow the wiki but Im really not sure what you mean. I've read everything at that wiki site and have also seen countless tell me to "just let PWS install it, it's just too confusing.."

I'd really like to give this a shot but you must admiy it's not the easiest mod to install ;)

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Well thanks for hanging in there with me but I simply don't understand why I'm missing any folders after following the instructions.

Seems I don't have @IFASA nor @IFA3, which patch installs those? I understand your telling me to just follow the wiki but Im really not sure what you mean. I've read everything at that wiki site and have also seen countless tell me to "just let PWS install it, it's just too confusing.."

I'd really like to give this a shot but you must admiy it's not the easiest mod to install ;)

Edit: Ok joined PW6 which has a post dedicated to IFA3 and IFA3SA so excitedly clicked to download but said the link was bad. I did however find pm the main IFwifi files page a download at the very bottom for @IFA3 which I now have. The last problem is the @IFA3SA - there are download links to START IF in Arma 3 both manually and automated as .bat files - when I click those the game does load with many Iron Front logos and stuff so I know Im close but also many errors that won't let me click the missions as well as CTD.

So, where can I find @ISA3SA? Here is the PW link http://play.withsix.com/Arma-3/collections/Cf71tysc0U6XoVUw_Kvx3w/%5BIFA3plus-IFA3SA%5D-Iron-Front-the-game-in-Arma-3-conversion

@ froggyluv

Why do you not read the wiki and install guides provided?

Seems I don't have @IFASA nor @IFA3, which patch installs those?

No patch installs those, you get them from the wiki, at the top of the wiki is a link for IFA3SA read the letters I F A 3 SA

means Iron front Arma3 Stand alone, its huge file but its needed.

IFA3 is linked there too.

On my website the MR (Mission Repository) I have an IFA3 section setup, its the same as the wiki see link:

http://www.missionrepository.com/iron-front-mod-for-arma3

where it says Setup process Download the required mods

click on the link that says Mega locate IFA3SA and download it

then

last line at the bottom says you need IFA3 from the files section, click on the link titled files, locate IFA3

(id direct link ti for you but the page wont load for me atm)

IFa3SA is here http://www.missionrepository.com/iron-front-mod-for-arma3

click on the MEGA link

Ok thanks :)

Last question - what is purpose of DLC patch?

Edited by froggyluv

kju are we getting the patch 1.13? Issue Tracker has some marked Target Version 12/27/2014 and others say Next Patch.

2014-12-28 News update

### v1.13 community patch and v1.08 community DLC patch are available ###

Thanks to Prarock mines should work for the most part in IFA3 now (and sadly broken in IFA2 - will be fixed soon).

As always Shvetz was very hard at work to improve many aspects of the game.

Finally AI voices should work fine in both IFA2 and IFA3. :bounce3:

There are also heaps of other smaller improves and fixes. :)

For Arma 3:

Don't forget to update to the most recent @IFA3 (2014-12-27) as well available in the files section.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Note 1:

Play withSIX update will come later. So get the patch(es) yourself for now and apply them.

I will update IFA3 and the LITE versions on PWS though later today.

Note 2:

IFA3SA (LITE) is unchanged; however if you need the latest signatures for MP play, you find them at mega/google drive.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Note 3:

I might have messed up IFA3SA LITE - could be missing some files. Looking into that now.

@kju in file section there is a @IFA3_2014_12_27_v10.7z file we need to update by this file or the october file?

Edited by Zukov

The latest, aka @IFA3_2014_12_27_v10.7z - why use the old version?

PS: Remove the quote in your post.

@kju because in your post you write 10 instead 12 ;)

little bugs: when you put the sapper in editor if you try a preview appears a "no modoptics" and the russian AA gun don't has the sound

Thanks fixed. Please put bugs in the issue tracker with necessary details (see my sig).

;2846388']Thanks fixed. Please put bugs in the issue tracker with necessary details (see my sig).

Cheers Kju and team. Wonderful update. Much appreciated. Regarding the fix you mentioned above for the bug with the "sappers in editor, if you try a preview appears a "no modoptics" message. Did this fix go into another patch and get released or will we have to wait till the next major update?

many thanks

Chief

Here are two pop-ups I get when using Zues.

This one when I first place it on the map;

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/Module Curator_F/Arguments/Addons/Values/All.default'.

This one when I press "Y" once previewing the mission;

No entry 'config.bin/CfgMarkers/SC_flag_0_east.scope'.

@ Santa Six

The latter is fixed in the next patch. The first one is not a problem from IFA3 as far as I can tell.