Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin tool for dedicated servers

As a protest against Bis for allowing Server monetization i am terminating all services associated with Bec.

Good bye Bis it has been a great time.

Regards.

Nuxil

Edited by nuxil
update!

Hi folks Thanks for continuing to update the system.

I have a problem with the new update, while I've been using the same schedule, and with this update marks that I have the same problem, which can not detect.

This is the error log:

Admin file contains a error. guid tag is not correct, Location id=0

13:19:47 : Scheduler file contains a error. start tag missing where id=0

My schedule:

<Scheduler>
<!-- Restart (Every 6 hours) -->	
<job id="0">
<time>05:30:00</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>0</loop> 
<cmd>say -1 El Servidor se reiniciara en 30 minutos</cmd>    
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>            
   </job>

<job id="1">
<time>05:50:00</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>0</loop> 
<cmd>say -1 El Servidor se reiniciara en 10 minutos</cmd>    
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>            
   </job>

<job id="2">
<time>05:55:00</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>0</loop> 
<cmd>say -1 El Servidor se reiniciara en 5 minutos Por favor aterrice ahora y desloguee para no perder sus cosas.</cmd>    
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>            
   </job>

<job id="3">
<time>05:59:00</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day> 
<loop>0</loop> 
<cmd>say -1 El Servidor se reiniciara en 1 minuto</cmd>    
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>            
   </job>

<job id="4">
<time>06:00:00</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>0</loop> 
<cmd>C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Epoch_server\@epoch_start.bat</cmd>    
<cmdtype>1</cmdtype>            
   </job>
</Scheduler>

Can anyone tell me if it contains any error, still momentarily with 1,597 version with which I have no problems.

rgs

Hi.

If you did read the Changelog you should have seen this.

Changed: Scheduler system has gone through a massive update and are no longer compatible with previous versions. You need to adapt your scheduler file to the new method.

So basicly you need to rewrite your scheduler file. there is an example file provided in the zip package.

Without looking at your admins.xml file. its hard to tell. but its most likey due to some spaces or some other things in it.

The guid tag needs to be excatly 32 char hexstring. no starting spaces, ending spaces etc.

Hi.

If you did read the Changelog you should have seen this.

Changed: Scheduler system has gone through a massive update and are no longer compatible with previous versions. You need to adapt your scheduler file to the new method.

So basicly you need to rewrite your scheduler file. there is an example file provided in the zip package.

Without looking at your admins.xml file. its hard to tell. but its most likey due to some spaces or some other things in it.

The guid tag needs to be excatly 32 char hexstring. no starting spaces, ending spaces etc.

Ok, thnx!.

New update. Version 1.601 out.

Changelog

*** V 1.601 ***

- Added: If the -f switch is forgotten, Bec will try and look for the file "Config.cfg" in the Config directory and use that one if it exists.

- Added: When loading plugins, Bec will display its version if the variable: __version__ is defined in the plugin __init__.py file

- Added: fortune as a command for the scheduler. <cmd>fortune</cmd>. will announce a random line from Config\fortune.txt

- ReAdded: A timeout of 3 sec is added before Bec.exe closes on startup errors, Ie missing "Config.cfg" etc..

- Improved: will automatically generate the __init__.py file in the Plugins directory if missing. (does not apply subdir),

but will only do so if the directory exists and no --dpl used.

- Fixed: A encoding error that could happen when reading the scheduler file and doing jobs with none ascii.

its to prevent spamming up the error.log unnecessary.

- Changed: SlotLimit changed to a more static method. number of reserved slots will no longer depend on admins online but the size of your admin file

- Misc: Plugins cleanup, and minor changes to them, a lillte updated docs etc,

Plugins are not included in the Bec.zip file any more, but can instead be downloaded separately.

Enjoy

I'm having some problems with the scheduling system. I have 4 messages i want displayed in a 5 minute rotation for each message (eg. message1, wait 5 minutes then display message 2, etc.)

Right now, the following is making 2 messages display at the same time (i based it off the example provided in Sheduler-FAQ.txt):

<job id='0'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>000500</start>

<runtime>000500</runtime>

<loop>-1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Server Rules: No Hacking, cheating, bullying, flaming, racial slurs, text or voice spamming.</cmd>

</job>

<job id='1'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>001000</start>

<loop>-1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Message1</cmd>

</job>

<job id='2'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>001500</start>

<loop>-1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Message2</cmd>

</job>

<job id='3'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>003000</start>

<loop>-1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Message3</cmd>

</job>

<job id='4'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>003500</start>

<loop>-1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Message4</cmd>

</job>

How do fix this?

Well. You should be able to do it by something like this.

<job id='0'>
       <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
       <start>000500</start>
       <runtime>002500</runtime>
       <loop>-1</loop>
       <cmd>say -1 Server Rules: No Hacking, cheating, bullying, flaming, racial slurs, text or voice spamming.</cmd>
   </job>

<job id='1'>
       <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
       <start>001000</start>
       <loop>-1</loop>
       <cmd>say -1 Message1</cmd>
   </job>

<job id='2'>
       <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
       <start>001500</start>
       <loop>-1</loop>
       <cmd>say -1 Message2</cmd>
   </job>

<job id='3'>
       <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
       <start>002000</start>
       <loop>-1</loop>
       <cmd>say -1 Message3</cmd>
   </job>

<job id='4'>
       <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
       <start>002500</start>
       <loop>-1</loop>
       <cmd>say -1 Message4</cmd>
   </job>

You just have to experiment a bit with it.

but in general. you just do... number of jobs * your wanted time = time of the full cycle. and use that value instead.

So in your case. 5 jobs * 5 min apart. = 25 min which you put into the runtime tag.

also increment the <start> time by 5 min for each job

Edited by nuxil

<!-- this job will repeat itself every 2 min forever for defined days -->

<job id='0'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>00:02:00</start>

<runtime>000800</runtime>

<loop>-1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Message</cmd>

</job>

<!-- this job will repeat itself every 4 min forever for defined days -->

<job id='1'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>00:04:00</start>

<loop>-1</loop>

</job>

<!-- this job will repeat itself every 6 min forever for defined days -->

<job id='2'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>00:06:00</start>

<loop>-1</loop>

</job>

<!-- this job will repeat itself every 8 min forever for defined days -->

<job id='3'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<start>00:08:00</start>

<loop>-1</loop>

</job>

Can't see what I am doing wrong, just will not show up.

Edited by setman

You have set the jobs for a specific time and loop forever every 8th min.

The jobs does something different than what the comments say.

You should read the Scheduler-FAQ.txt file

You just have to experiment a bit with it.

but in general. you just do... number of jobs * your wanted time = time of the full cycle. and use that value instead.

So in your case. 5 jobs * 5 min apart. = 25 min which you put into the runtime tag.

also increment the <start> time by 5 min for each job

Awesome, many many thanks!

Hello

My friend was banned by this software then I have a question. here http://ibattle.org/contact-us/ there is

"Do not send email if you are banned by Bec. Contact the server you where playing on. Provide info such as guid/nickname."

If someone is banned and don't know which server banned him first who should that "banned guy" ask about baan reason and baan appeal?

Regards

Edited by addIcted

Sorry. i can not help you with this matter.

Its entirely up to the admin on the server where this ban happend on to disable it or not.

Or other admins to put an exception on his guid.

He can still play on servers that does not use Bec + (Gamehack/Battleye hack) Reporting.

Take this as a lesson and stop using cheat tools.. there are no excuse for using them.

And there is no point in discussing this anymore here in this thread!

I hate cheaters as same as any other honest players. They just ruin many games. Luckily Arma 3 is supported by battleye and here I can meet cheaters quite rarely comparing to other games. If I will not play with that guy more than 10 years (OFP and A1 A2 A3) probably I will not interest in it because he could be a cheater. I never been baaned but now I feel myself in danger because there is possiblity to be banned without beeing a cheater.

You haven't answeared my question. It's sad because you are admin of powerfull tool and you don't want to read carefully one sentence. "If someone is banned and don't know which server banned him first who should that "banned guy" ask about baan reason and baan appeal?" Eventually you can answear - what that "banned player" should do next to figure out what happened?

1. Battleye will baan confirmed cheaters. That guy is not banned globally by BE that's mean BE don't see him as user of cheat engine, am I right?

2. Do you think that your program knows better than BE who cheats or not? - BE means fully professional program, years of experince, tons of money spend for it ect. Your program use just a litle part of BE.

In my opinion idea of your programm is good but not without bugs. For example there are no rules who contact when someone is banned, what exactly hacker done (cheating is not an aswear - everyone can sad that, if BE will baan telling only this it will never be official tool in games), ect. In real life when you made a crime you will be informed what you done , who you harmed ect. but here just punishment without information. Blind banning players is bad as cheating. I don't wanted offence you but honest players need to know what to do if they are banned by mistake or other reason. My intention is to help you make that programm more fair and more usefull.

Regards

Edited by addIcted

EDIT: Igot it working! After hours of rage... my beserver.cfg was in utf-8. I deleted it and recreated it in ANSI now it works

Hey Guys, im running an Arma3 Altis Live Server on my root. My BEC cant connect to the Server i set everything up as said in the tut and all the posts in the other forum post.

my beserver.cfg is filled with:

RConPassword secret
MaxPing 120

the error i get is this one:

01:57:08 : Checking for new Bec version...
01:57:12 : Bec is running latest version! : 1.601
01:57:12 : Connecting to Battleye server 127.0.0.1:2302
01:57:14 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
01:57:18 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
01:57:22 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
01:57:26 : Lost Connection!
01:57:26 : Closing socket & exiting!

[/size]

Edited by weber007
FIXTED IT

I never been baaned but now I feel myself in danger because there is possiblity to be banned without beeing a cheater.

Why do you feel your self in danger?

You have nothing to worry about if your not using any cheat tools while playing arma on servers utilizing Bec + Reporter

You haven't answeared my question ... and you don't want to read carefully one sentence.

"If someone is banned and don't know which server banned him first who should that "banned guy" ask about baan reason and baan appeal?"

Eventually you can answear - what that "banned player" should do next to figure out what happened?

I choose not to answer that because... (now this may come of a bit blunt but ...)

If he cant remember when and where he was banned by Bec. maybe its time to visit the doctor for a headcheck...

How often do you get banned with reason GameHack XY or Battleye Hack XY ?

And as of what he should do. simple, contact server owners. We can provide contact info if GUID is provided if absolutely necessary.

1. Battleye will baan confirmed cheaters. That guy is not banned globally by BE that's mean BE don't see him as user of cheat engine, am I right?

2. Do you think that your program knows better than BE who cheats or not? - BE means fully professional program, years of experince, tons of money spend for it ect. Your program use just a litle part of BE.

1 * That correct. BE does not put a global ban #XYZ for CheatEngine, it kicks players using it.

However. CheatEngine is used 99.9% of the time for cheating and i dont give a rats ass if you only use it in game X,Z,Y.

In my opinion as with many other server admins is that, using tools like this means you have a cheaters mentality, and we dont want people like that on our server.

If you absolutely need to use tools like this, make sure you close it before playing arma. You never know which server uses Bec + Reporting.

2 * Better ? sorry you have misunderstood the purpose of Bec. its only used to extend actions done by BE.

I never stated that Bec is better than BE, When in fact Bec will not work without BE.

And Bec does not do any Cheatdetection by itself, its all done by BE.

In my opinion idea of your program is good but not without bugs.

For example there are no rules who contact when someone is banned,

what exactly hacker done (cheating is not an aswear - everyone can sad that, if BE will baan telling only this it will never be official tool in games), ect.

In real life when you made a crime you will be informed what you done , who you harmed ect.

but here just punishment without information. Blind banning players is bad as cheating.

I don't wanted offence you but honest players need to know what to do if they are banned by mistake or other reason.

My intention is to help you make that programm more fair and more usefull.

Please distinguish Bugs from lack of contact info or ways to reach server owners.

Its clearly stated that you should contact the server where the ban happened on. (usually a quick google should give you their website)

Once you get in contact with the admin and provide him the GUID he should be able to tell you why the ban was set.

Ie. Battleye Hack #25 and decide to set it inactive if they choose to.

Also If BE does false positive on detections. Bans happened during this period will be deleted.

In real life admins decide them self who they want playing on their server and what tools to use.

Usually its not a democracy on servers. communities|clans has to pay rent for servers.

So they are in their full right to decide, what they want to run on their server and who they want playing on their server.

Their server, their rules, they are not obligated to do anything about bans|kicks issues.

They do as they feel fit on their own server that they pay for..

When server admins are using the Bec Reporter they have the option to set the ban inactive or put an exception on the banned GUID through bansys.info

I dont get offended. a little criticism is always good.

Bec is not the perfect tool, there is no such this as a perfect tool.

Finally,

Bec is a tool for the community and no server is required to use it. "to my knowledge".

If they use Bec they are also not obligated to use the "(game hack|battleye hack) Reporter" its fully optional.

Edited by nuxil

Hello

You wrote that.

And Bec does not do any Cheatdetection by itself, its all done by BE.

I wrote to battleye support about the situation and they answeared.

Shortcut: They will investigate suspected situation and baan steam acount when they will found cheating. If needed I can quote full reply. And there is also this.

Admin Bans (including BEC "GameHack #X" bans)

=============================================

Those are third-party bans and we cannot assist you in any way with them.

Please contact the server admin or community for help.

Conclusion if someone get communicate "...has been kicked by BattlEye: GameHack #38" doesn't mean that that player cheats, am I right?

Edited by addIcted

Conclusion if someone get communicate "...has been kicked by BattlEye: GameHack #38" doesn't mean that that player cheats, am I right?

Luckily BE kicks players using CheatEngine before they get time to cheat.

And read my post one more time...

Optionally the Bec Documentation to. Because Server admins deside themself if they want to ban

http://www.ibattle.org/install-and-configure/configure/#Misc

[Misc]

This Block is optional with 1 exception. In cases where you have renamed your exe file and need to use ServerExeName.

Ban = int

This parameter will define if you will ban people for GameHack, BattlEye Hack, Both or No banning at all

You need to spesify the value in range 0 til 3

0 = No ban will occure on GameHack or BattlEye Hacks

1 = Will only ban on GameHacks

2 = Will only ban BattlEye Hacks

3 = Will ban both GameHack and BattlEye Hacks.

So please stop from posting more here in this thread about this issue. unless you got setup issues or a bug to report that is about Bec.

Its not my problem you got banned, or your friend when you where running CheatEngine.

If it was me who added this ban i would not lift it. but that not my call. its the one who added you into the Bec banlist.

Edited by nuxil

I'm sure if nuxil had $1 for every time a 'friend' was banned he would already be retired in the Bahamas :p

Luckily BE kicks players using CheatEngine before they get time to cheat.

Inncorect. BE kicks players who using "somethink suspecious" before they can use it at all. Officially from BE it works like this -

IMPORTANT: Note that all global bans issued by us are valid by default. While

we carefully investigate every case, please understand that we will not

manually re-confirm the validity of your ban to you. Therefore, if we don't

get back to you within the next 72 hours you can assume that your global ban

is valid and will not be lifted by us. Sending the same request multiple times

will not accelerate our reviewing process in any way. Also, note that we will

not disclose any details (including internal evidence) about your ban.

If you are globally banned without having attempted to cheat, please include

your exact (!) global ban ID and the name of the game. The ID is shown in your

global ban message ("Global Ban #ID"). Without it we won't be able

to process your request.

If you did attempt to cheat please understand that your global ban will not be

lifted by us. We do not accept any excuses for why you used cheats. Cheating

is forbidden on all BE servers, so if you failed to comply with that rule you

will have to live with the consequences. Global bans are permanent and no

exceptions will be made.

If you are globally banned from ArmA 2 / OA (including the DayZ mod) without

ever having attempted to cheat it is safe to assume that your cd-key was

stolen and used by a cheater in the past. We will not be able to lift such

bans, and unfortunately, while BI support was able to help most victims in the

past, due to GameSpy's shutdown they are no longer able to do so either. In

any case, a new Steam account is required to be able to play on BE-enabled

servers again. Note that new global bans are no longer based on cd-keys and

hence affect your entire Steam account (see below).

If you are globally banned from Arma 3 or DayZ (standalone) note that your

entire Steam account is banned from our system. Please understand that we

cannot lift your ban even if your account was hacked or used by someone else.

The safety of your account is your responsibility and we cannot assist you

with that. Note that this is solely a BE policy, so you can still play both

games on BE-disabled servers. If you have trouble doing so please contact the

game support.

CD-Key-related Issues

=====================

The cd-key system is not administrated by us, so we cannot help you with such

issues. Please contact the game developers at support@bistudio.com for help.

If you know or suspect that your cd-key was stolen and you got possibly banned

as a result please contact them as well.

Admin Bans (including BEC "GameHack #X" bans)

=============================================

Those are third-party bans and we cannot assist you in any way with them.

Please contact the server admin or community for help.

In shortcut they investigating what they spoted because BE can't be perfect program and they decide is it was a cheat .You know why? I will give you an example: If hackers are enough smart to hack BE (proffessional programm made by company) from time to time try to imagine how easy for them is using other players as bypass to check another hack is it working. I could give you more examples but I see no point in it.

Summarise - Only about hacking/cheating not other Bec functions. Bec don't have cheat detection, BE have full cheat detection and baan system after investigation. There will be situations when BE will not baan player (because investigated it) and Bec will do it. Bec have additional/more baans then professional program - conclusion sometimes Bec will baan innocents people.

Primary question:

Why do you think that Bec without anticheat engine can correctly baan any player if BE can't confirm that this player is a cheater?

P.S.

Take this as a lesson and stop using cheat tools.. there are no excuse for using them.
Its not my problem you got banned, or your friend when you where running CheatEngine.

If it was me who added this ban i would not lift it. but that not my call. its the one who added you into the Bec banlist.

Please stop crap talking because it have no connection to the problem especially that I have never been banned in any game.

Oh my...

What are you trying to achieve with your posts here ?

You better start reading what i am writing over again..

I said. luckily BE kicks people for using CheatEngine before they get the time to cheat....

I never said it would give a Global ban for it. Again READ MY PREVOUSE POSTS...

And listen to your self.

Inncorect. BE kicks players who using "somethink suspecious" before they can use it at all.

So isnt CheatEngine something suspicious? BE Kicks for it after all.. do you mean BE should allow people using CheatEngine Online ?

Summarise - Only about hacking/cheating not other Bec functions.

Bec don't have cheat detection, BE have full cheat detection and baan system after investigation.

There will be situations when BE will not baan player (because investigated it) and Bec will do it.

Bec have additional/more baans then professional program - conclusion sometimes Bec will baan innocents people.

Primary question:

Why do you think that Bec without anticheat engine can correctly baan any player if BE can't confirm that this player is a cheater?

P.S.

Bec can be setup to ban on both GameHack and Battleye Hack or none while BE does not ban. it only kick

And what part of this dont you get.

Its up to the server admins to deside how they want to handle their server. If they like to ban players for GameHack.. fine, so be it.

GameHack kicks are 99% of the time caused by a suspicious program running on the client and BE kick them out of the server before they get the time to do harm.

Its up to the server admins to deside if they like to ban for this reason..

If you are running cheatengine and try to connect to our server. you will be banned and i dont care about you any more then.

I dont want people running cheatengine connecting to my server. and as i said earlier same goes for other admins too.

Its about getting rid of the cheaters mentality. we dont like people like that on our server.

I see no good reason to run CheatEngine or other tools that can be used to cheat with online.

Please stop crap talking because it have no connection to the problem especially that I have never been banned in any game.

Yeah sure.. its always the Friend who gets banned, or it was the hamster walking over the keyboard pressing some weird keys that caused it.

Edited by nuxil
typos

You better start reading what i am writing over again..

I red it carefully and got conclusions:

1. Bec spoted that BE kicked player = baan.

2. BE spoted somethink suspeciouse = kick player and check (cpecific procedure) what that was - sometimes baan but mostly not.

3. This Bec, without anticheat engine, baan for hacking more peoples than BE, full professionall program with full anticheat proceduress

Please answear the question from previouse post Why do you think that Bec without anticheat engine can correctly baan more players for cheating than BE if BE can't confirm that this player are cheaters?

What are you trying to achieve with your posts here ?

I'm trying to achive to stop decreasing small popultion of Arma 3! More people in community more potential players/buyers more missions more fun. You decreasing also popularity of arma 3. I don't know why Bohemia isn't interesting about your activity jet (loosing lot of potential buyers). You telling that it's not global baan. Do you think it's big difference from global if most popular public servers have Bec ?

Rest of your post have no logical connection to problem. Please consider boldered question I asked.

By the way most of admins I asked (they are using Bec) doesn't know how Bec baan for cheating works.

Edited by addIcted

1. Bec spoted that BE kicked player = baan.

2. BE spoted somethink suspeciouse = kick player and check (cpecific procedure) what that was - sometimes baan but mostly not.

3. This Bec, without anticheat engine, baan for hacking more peoples than BE, full professionall program with full anticheat proceduress

1. Not necessary. it depends how Bec is configured, it can ban if you set it up to do that.

2 & 3 As i said earlier, as a server admin you can configure Bec to (Ban on GameHack | Battleye hack), or not ban at all.

You better get your facts strait. the are way more global bans than Bec bans. esp for A2

... Why do you think that Bec without anticheat engine can correctly baan more players for cheating than BE if BE can't confirm that this player are cheaters?

Well. Bec only extend some actions done by anticheat BE

I am confident that BE is good enough to detect tools used to cheat with.

BE is so kind that it only kicks when you use cheat tools.

Bec on the other hand can be setup to Ban on these kicks.

What's a correct ban?

Its up to the server owner(s) to decide what's a correct ban is on their own server.

When BE detects example CheatEngine running on a client. it will Kick out the player with GameHack #38 or something.

Luckily they can decide to put a autoban on players who uses CheatEngine when running Bec on the server.

(Only god knows which mem area they had set ready to be altered to cause a mess before getting kicked out). :|

Bec when setup to ban on (GH | BEH) It does not give the player a benefit of doubt,

when you can be almost 100% certain that the kick was caused by a tool which can be used to modify game data.

From an admins perspective of view you can put it like this:

I can not be sure that your intentions was not to cheat when i see proof of cheat tools activated on the client when connecting to my server.

Better safe than sorry.

It seems like you don't understand this (or want to).

1. Ban on (GameHack|Battleye Hack) is optional and has several settings.

2. Bec Reporter is optional. has several options on bansys. ie. set bans inactive, set exception on bans. set exception on admins etc.

I'm trying to achive to stop decreasing small popultion of Arma 3! More people in community more potential players/buyers more missions more fun.

You decreasing also popularity of arma 3.

I don't know why Bohemia isn't interesting about your activity jet (loosing lot of potential buyers).

You telling that it's not global baan. Do you think it's big difference from global if most popular public servers have Bec ?

Rest of your post have no logical connection to problem. Please consider boldered question I asked.

By the way most of admins I asked (they are using Bec) doesn't know how Bec baan for cheating works.

The solution to the problem isn't that hard!

1. Stop using cheat tools when connecting online to servers using Bec (and in general).

2. Or convince the server admins to change their Bec settings to not ban on GH|BEH.

As of the admins who dose not know how banning works. they can always read the doc.

I also feeling that this thread is stuck in a repeating loop the last few posts.

If you need a more basic 101 on how Bec works i can explain it more deeply in pm.

Greetings.

I have version 1.601 of BEC installed. I renamed A3_Admins.xml to Admins.xml and edited it in XML Notepad making myself a Super Admin and gave it my GUID, group 0. I haven't made any changes to the Commands.txt. I can see myself logging in as Super Admin in the BEC console verifying my GUID just fine.

I have tried almost all of the commands listed in commands.txt, yet they are just echoed to the arma3 screen. On the console, it echoes my command, and says 'unknown'.

I'm sure I forgot to dot some i or cross some t but I can't seem to figure this out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Foosie
fixed spelling

Are you using global chat or ???

also make sure the mission hasnt set chat disabled.

Global chat is Side Channel, right? I've tried them all. When I type it shows on the screen. I'm assuming if chat is disabled by the mission I couldn't see it... but I did. I've installed Altis Life 3.1.4.5 and just got it up and running. I'm learning fast but have quite a way to go and have made many assumptions that may not be correct. I thought I read that it would be announced in game when an admin in the list logs in... although not certain about his. I'm not seeing that either.

Does BEC.exe and/or Steam need to be running as admin? Can you confirm that? Also not seeing anything in the Chat folder.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way... that was appreciated.

Here is what shows in Bec:

15:21:52 : Checking for new Bec version...

15:21:56 : Bec is running latest version! : 1.601

15:21:56 : Connecting to Battleye server 127.0.0.1:2302

15:21:56 : RCon admin #0 (127.0.0.1:59065) logged in

16:14:16 : Player #0 Foosie (10.98.76.1:2316) connected

16:14:17 : Player #0 Foosie - GUID: 8e728714189a4588ed599b63c72a525f (unverified)

16:14:17 : RCon admin #0: (Global) BEC : Super Admin [KS] Foosie Connected

16:14:18 : Verified GUID (8e728714189a4588ed599b63c72a525f) of player #0 Foosie

16:16:05 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

16:16:05 : RCon admin #0 (127.0.0.1:59065) logged in

16:16:35 : (Unknown) Foosie: !help

Edited by Foosie
Spelling