Sign in to follow this  
Johny

ARMA 2: OA Beta build 125402 - Steam Mp Lobby (1.63 build, Steam only)

Regarding the UI and the squad.xml I have the problem that it does not work anymore even though the URL is stored in the .ArmA2OAProfile file and the squad.xml file has got the new UID.

I have same problem

I want to recover my squad name and logo on my vehicules

Hey, so I went to update and connect to some DayZ servers using another service which works in tandem with Steam, and found that neither Steam nor this service would allow me to use the most common server side version which is 125402; steam pushes 125548 to my client. Is there a way to manually downgrade to the former?

Hey, so I went to update and connect to some DayZ servers using another service which works in tandem with Steam, and found that neither Steam nor this service would allow me to use the most common server side version which is 125402; steam pushes 125548 to my client. Is there a way to manually downgrade to the former?

Nope, steam is the way to go and it will only update to the latest version. But a clien't with 125548 can join a server with 125402 I believe, someone can correct this if they know for sure.

It seems impossible to obtain 1.63 vanilla (125402) any longer, only beta 125548. See

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179740-ARMA-2-OA-Beta-build-125548-Steam-Mp-Lobby-(1-63-build-Steam-only)&p=2736155&viewfull=1#post2736155

Beta 125548 is active even after I choose "Opt out of all beta programs" for A2OA (CO) and verify integrity of my game cache. Does this occur for anyone else?

Yes.

It is probably because 125548 has been released to stable, so it is both the latest beta and the stable release.

Great, thanks!

Cool, thanks for clarifying. So all of the servers with the wrong version are somehow able to populate... annoying.

A tip for version control ... I know it's a bit late, but when every new style 124xxx beta came out, I made a copy of the affected files, which I stored in my own "beta archive".

It's a handy thing to remember, making a copy of the changed files in each version. All the recent releases have just been new client and server executables, which are a few megs each.

No, it does not excuse BIS for not making version control readily available in Steam, but it is better than nothing for now.

Can someone please remind me how we should review our missions/addons following the 1.63 new changes,it was something about "spawn" command which i can't really remember . Right now i get a lot of script errors.