pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

Ahh gotcha, it'd be nice but thanks man.

Is there anyway to get TB to remember shape layer order. It's really annoying every time you open the program, you have to sort all your layers out. I tried numbering them in the hope that might work, but nope :(

• Like 1

Just found the new object diagnostic tool that finds duplicated objects! Totally missed the techrep on april that announced it...

Simple minded me just could not figure it does batch work as you can select action for each item... I kept doing it one by one. xD

Also +++ for the stuck object fixer!! 

is there any way to activate night vision \ thermal directly in OB buldozer ? i think i remember it was possible back in OA days

There are few typos in the following dialolgue.

http://imgur.com/a/9C6Rq

Should be:

Steam client is running live and can lose the connection during the update. Do you want to continue?

Edited by R3vo
corrected typo thx to RoF

On 20/12/2016 at 7:00 PM, R3vo said:

There are few typos in the following dialolgue.

http://imgur.com/a/9C6Rq

Should be:

Steam client is running live and can lose the connecting during the update. Do you want to continue?

*connection :wink_o:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RoF said:

*connection :wink_o:

:face_palm:

what is this error about? i have copy pasted the dlls from A3 install directory to my dll folder on P drive, same error happening. Also, if i want to use either of the current stable .exes (be it 32 or 64 bit) as buldozer instead of the current one, it crashes each time. Also, last time i had to go through the process of installing buldozer from the project drive management option, things went tits up and i had to manually repair it. Can someone please develop on the steps that needs to be taken for manually solving this? @Tom_48_97 ☠
https://gyazo.com/3dd7c46b5a8e451999516dd1f79323ef

As mentioned, the error basically means that the mentioned files don't exist in the project drive, it can happen with an outdated install of Buldozer due to the recent change of the file structure. A quick reinstall / refresh from the last version of the dev branch of the tools should solve the issue.

15 hours ago, Tom_48_97 ☠ said:

As mentioned, the error basically means that the mentioned files don't exist in the project drive, it can happen with an outdated install of Buldozer due to the recent change of the file structure. A quick reinstall / refresh from the last version of the dev branch of the tools should solve the issue.

yes i did that before your reply, it does fix that error indeed, but the viewer (after updated buldozer.exe) crashes each time, so i had to revert to an older exe file anyways....

From the development branch of the tools, can you run buldozer_x64 and see if it fixes the issue? (steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\patches)

@Tom_48_97 ☠ are there any plans to make the diag.exe usable as buldozer?

Edit:
according to a earlier message from you it seems to work with the internal tools/diag.exe but not with the public one.

There must something specific on your terrain because last I tried Buldozer with the diag exe, it worked

But i've tried it again with several terrains / projects

having access to the diag stuff would enable a lot more flexibility in buldozer.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:02 PM, Tom_48_97 ☠ said:

From the development branch of the tools, can you run buldozer_x64 and see if it fixes the issue? (steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\patches)

ahh alright missed this thread, will have a look and report back

On 4/24/2017 at 0:55 PM, lappihuan said:

@Tom_48_97 ☠ are there any plans to make the diag.exe usable as buldozer?

Edit:
according to a earlier message from you it seems to work with the internal tools/diag.exe but not with the public one.

But i've tried it again with several terrains / projects

having access to the diag stuff would enable a lot more flexibility in buldozer.

A recent update made that impossible. This still is something on my list but it has a lower priority than other things I'm afraid.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:02 PM, Tom_48_97 ☠ said:

unknown.png

nope ^

Now, that Jet DLC is released with many improvements, can we get an updated Plane sample with all the latest bells and wistles (pylons, sensors, ...)?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, x3kj said:

Now, that Jet DLC is released with many improvements, can we get an updated Plane sample with all the latest bells and wistles (pylons, sensors, ...)?

There already is something prepared which will be made available with the next update ;)

* only in "A3 Samples" Devbranch  currently...

I noticed that in the plane wreck LOD there are points named component. Do they really belong there? Pretty sure they dont.

• Like 1

Any chance you could make double click cell in Terrain Processor highlights text? Gets really annoying having to click in each one, delete "New Object name", then paste in the classname. Be so much easier if, double click highlights cell, then paste classname. Wouldn't hurt to have Tab skips you to next cell either, instead of more clicking lol

At the minute its quicker to edit the .tpp file with notepad, than use the program its self

@Tom_48_97 ☠ can you please revert overwriting the extracted and commented binarize configs.

In the current form they are useless :icon_cry:

@Tom_48_97 ☠ can this get some prio please. often the commented config is the only reference for parameters not documented in the BIKI or sample models

PS: Could you please also release more o2scripts BI has internally (i cant imagine you only use those as part of OB at least).