Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Ragdoll'd

I'm down on my knees begging you please can you get this mod back to it's former glory when you get some spare time, I'm really missing playing with it.

I'm down on my knees begging you please can you get this mod back to it's former glory when you get some spare time, I'm really missing playing with it.

I really wish I had spare time :(

I'm sure its a simple fix too. In the mean time, if anyone would like to take on the fix, feel free to do so. School has just started for me today and I'm pretty much out all day, every day.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

No worries mate, school is definitely far more important, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Is this mod working atm or ??

It would be interesting if in Vanilla Arma, there's a chance a high caliber round like 6.5 could ragdoll a person. Cool mod btw. =D

Is this mod working atm or ??

Unfortunately it isn't working anymore, and to be quite frank this mod was so damn impressive that I haven't even bothered to play Arma since it stopped working. I might upload some videos tomorrow of the mod in action, I play with max graphics settings, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that it will blow peoples minds how realistic the ragdoll effects were, for example if I shot a AI in the leg its leg would jolt with the impact.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZGn7dbXtys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mStpAzWSMxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIB-F2oCTnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbbzOLsTXGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjN30-WDlIE

I MISS THIS MOD SO MUCH! HOW CAN WE FIX IT?!!!! lol but seriously, what could have changed so much that we cant get it working again?

I'll see what I can do.

@BI: hire me :)

Hmm, it's working fine for me. I'm on dev branch and am using CBA RC3.

Hmm, it's working fine for me. I'm on dev branch and am using CBA RC3.

Just tested on stable, worked fine too. All those video's show different phys X settings, does that mean we can alter the blasting etc?

Sweet mod by the way, much more immersive!

@Takoda: Which settings did you use for those vids?

For me the ragdoll'd FX never reach that quality.

Takoda's videos don't seem to have my mod enabled. My mod doesn't require the person to die to ragdoll.

Might just be a misunderstanding of what my mod does.

Use the force luke....Use the force......

More like...

Use the force PhysX....Use the force...:rofl:

NOTE: Referring to the first post of videos on this Thread ;)

Wow now I'm confused. If those videos are not your mod, what are they? How do we get that? Where can you tweak physx values? Takoda you have some explaining to do! :)

Edited by Taydeer

Thanks a million zooloo.

Yeah mate all these videos were captured when the Ragdoll'd mod was active.

He said it was active?

Wow now I'm confused. If those videos are not your mod, what are they? How do we get that? Where can you tweak physx values? Takoda you have some explaining to do! :)

I think most of the videos simply show the ragdolling effects when soldiers were killed as they were in vanilla a while ago.

IIRC BI changed some settings so that soldiers are no longer tossed around by explosions etc. :(

I would really give a lot to have that back. Ideally, with a good implementation of ragdolling or falling for non-lethal hits.

Just to clarify: I really appreciate the works of zooloo and tpw in that area, but due to the inherent limitations of those modding approaches there some glitches remain, which tend to break immersion.

I think most of the videos simply show the ragdolling effects when soldiers were killed as they were in vanilla a while ago.

IIRC BI changed some settings so that soldiers are no longer tossed around by explosions etc. :(

I would really give a lot to have that back. Ideally, with a good implementation of ragdolling or falling for non-lethal hits.

Just to clarify: I really appreciate the works of zooloo and tpw in that area, but due to the inherent limitations of those modding approaches there some glitches remain, which tend to break immersion.

It's still appalling that ragdoll scripting commands aren't available yet. One would think that with the major addition of ragdolling to the series, that us modders would get commands to take advantage of such a huge feature.

I think theres an ticket on the feedback tracker for the ragdoll commands your referring too zooloo75, i swear I had seen the ticket the other day.

yes gunter check zooloo's spoiler in his signature there you will find the link to said tracker post.