Sign in to follow this  
FredAirland

Arma 3 Helicopters DLC Discussion (dev branch)

Hi,

After TKoH was released I did my best to improve helicopter handling fixing RotorLib XML files, and I believe this was much appreciated by the community....

I wondered if there is a way to access the beta product in order to have better dynamics before it is released.

No problem for me in prebuying the product and working for free as long as dynamics are right from the start...

Bye

Fred

Edited by fred64

I believe it was said that the DLC features/content would be previewed on the dev-branch before release. I don't think you have to own the DLC to test, either, but don't take my word on that.

This thread can serve as a general discussion for the helicopters DLC when it appears on the dev branch. :) (Title edited.)

They stated "...will arrive on Development Branch well in Advance of official release to the stable build..." from what i can remember. So, ill keep a close eye on this as well for when that comes around.

After TKoH was released I did my best to improve helicopter handling fixing RotorLib XML files, and I believe this was much appreciated by the community....

Small correction: appreciated by the community and development team. :)

I wondered if there is a way to access the beta product in order to have better dynamics before it is released.

The flight model is part of a free platform update, along with new XMLs for each helicopter (i.e. not just the new ones). We intend to release this functionality to dev-branch ahead of the official release of the DLC.

Best,

RiE

Upon adding some nice features for "flying". Will the current weapon systems on all air-frames get an increase of accuracy and capability? Currently all helicopter canons are terribly zeroed, camera's shake during flight, AGM weapons aren't point and shoot etc. Like ACE added in Arma 2 for increased "fun" and "realism" whilst flying and supporting ground elements.

I know Arma is focused on Infantry, but some are actually doing the flying only, and that's why I'd ask about these sort of things :)

It's still the same basic setup as it was in Arma 2 with BI locking systems and that would be the end of it, will there be a possibility of these things changing to make flying acceptably fun in Arma 3?

Love the announcement nonetheless, awesome with TKOH flights!

Hi,

No problem for me in prebuying the product and working for free as long as dynamics are right from the start...

Bye

Fred

Hope You continue supporting us with RotorLib tweaks Fred! There are couple upcoming helicopter mods that are likely to be in pair with Alphasim's FSX addons, with RL FM we can hope to get something amazing for Arma 3.

thanks RIE,

I am looking forward to the dev branch release... and will be glad to help !

If anything changes in the new rotorLib, do not forget to update the wiki, makes things easier !

Edited by fred64

Small correction: appreciated by the community and development team. :)

The flight model is part of a free platform update, along with new XMLs for each helicopter (i.e. not just the new ones). We intend to release this functionality to dev-branch ahead of the official release of the DLC.

Best,

RiE

Would it be possible to drop some hints as to what exactly we can expect to see in terms of features that come along side the addition of RotorLib?

Would it be possible to drop some hints as to what exactly we can expect to see in terms of features that come along side the addition of RotorLib?
Sling loads?

And "firing from vehicles". :)

And "firing from vehicles". :)

As in firing our personal weapons, not fixed weapons?

Yup.

Although at an early stage of development, we're looking specifically at the logistical role of helicopters on the battlefield (via Sling Loading) and thinking about gameplay for soldiers in transit (via Firing from Vehicles). Both features are engine-based and MP-compatible, with Sling Loading available to all existing and new helicopters. Furthermore, although we're focusing upon helos as a starting point, Firing from Vehicles stands to benefit other sandbox assets; any specifically configured cargo positions offer potential gameplay for units (both players and AI) in transit. Due to release in the second half of 2014, we'll present the full key features at a later date.

Source.

Note the specific mention of "configured cargo positions".

Speaking of wich, any plans to fix the no hands on miniguns on Ghosthawks and all?

Cmon....

I'm gonna guess that the shooting from vehicles is going to probably be enabled via. cargo script of some sort.

Twin/multi-engine simulation in arma series IS A DREAM until when?

Thanks for your previous work and I'm happy to read you intend to continue with it in A3! Now, if there only was a simple way to have both stable and dev-branch installed at the same time...

/KC

[...]

The flight model is part of a free platform update, along with new XMLs for each helicopter (i.e. not just the new ones).[...]

I would like to clarify this statement. Everyone with a copy of A3 will get the ToH Flight Model (FDM?) aswell as shooting from vehicles. But only owner of the DLC will recieve pilot access to the new Helicopter?

I would like to clarify this statement. Everyone with a copy of A3 will get the ToH Flight Model (FDM?) aswell as shooting from vehicles. But only owner of the DLC will recieve pilot access to the new Helicopter?

Precisely this, yes.

WOW just WOW (Jaw drop) @ shooting from helis somthing I've wanted since ArmA1 an think alot others have too.

Yup.

Source.

Note the specific mention of "configured cargo positions".

I'v been wondering will the update incorporate any HUD elements that are in ToH? Would really like the collective element.

I'v been wondering will the update incorporate any HUD elements that are in ToH? Would really like the collective element.

No word on this. But if they were to add that kind of interaction to the heli's, it would only make sense to add them to all other vehicles, and maybe even items as well. So i doubt it.

No word on this. But if they were to add that kind of interaction to the heli's, it would only make sense to add them to all other vehicles, and maybe even items as well. So i doubt it.

No no i'm talking about the Gauges on the HUD. Not the button interaction to start the Helo.