democore

Real time Browser Map

Update: put the current version to download for you guys.

being trying this tonight, the mission is an Altis map. You said Stratis.

I'm getting runtime error arma crashes on map load, anyone else?

Oh sorry, i forgot to update that line of the tutorial.

You should choose the altis map and the mission is called "MapViewerTestAltis"

- Did you forward port 3000 tpc?

- Did you copy the dll's in the arma root directory?

Update:

Nevermind, I tested with a friend, he got the same problem.

I must have made a mistake in the last release, getting it done asap.

Edited by DemoCore

Could you upload the source code to the dll?

Could you upload the source code to the dll?

Not sure yet. May be a little bit risky, since it's again kind of a security deal.

I will think about it! :)

why would you want it anyway?

Hey 10T, thanks for the cool release! Once I get the dll's back up, I'll try to implement them! :)

On the other side, I'm kinda stuck with the dll's atm. tried getting them to work on different pc's than mine.. Didn't work for the last 5 hours.

So I'll try to fix it tomorrow, sorry no release today :(

I'm getting very excited about this release the more I read about it, but i'm a little confused, can this work with any mission? and I'm right in thinking this is to put a live map on a second screen right?

I'm getting very excited about this release the more I read about it, but i'm a little confused, can this work with any mission? and I'm right in thinking this is to put a live map on a second screen right?

- Yes (but you will have to put a script in the mission, which is no big deal since you can edit any mission, even the ones you didn't make yourseld)

- and Yes thats one way to use this! :)

- Yes (but you will have to put a script in the mission, which is no big deal since you can edit any mission, even the ones you didn't make yourseld)

- and Yes thats one way to use this! :)

Ah its a shame its not stand alone :( Would it be possible to make a lite version that didn't have all the other features, that could be used specifically for MP kind of like a GPS only displaying your current position? ie not revealing enemies etc.

Ah its a shame its not stand alone :( Would it be possible to make a lite version that didn't have all the other features, that could be used specifically for MP kind of like a GPS only displaying your current position? ie not revealing enemies etc.

Thats pretty much it :) what do you mean with not stand alone?

Thats pretty much it :) what do you mean with not stand alone?

Not having a mission to run that line of code to use the mod.

Not having a mission to run that line of code to use the mod.

Aw, okay, I see.

Maybe possible with client side addon. :)

We'll see!

Ah, this takes me back, Pickle. We fiddled around with Gammadust's Sidemap with some success, but I don't remember if it needed a mission crafted for it.

DemoCore, is it not possible to make this launch and get the data out in a similar way to ASM?. That only requires a server side addon.

Not sure yet. May be a little bit risky, since it's again kind of a security deal.

I will think about it! :)

why would you want it anyway?

I see.

I have been working on something similair, very WIP, and can't really figure out how to solve some issues. I just would like to se how you accomplished some stuff.

Right here i'm using leaflet.js to have a interactive map. You should try that out :)

http://piclair.com/data/3gq75.jpg (337 kB)

Ah, this takes me back, Pickle. We fiddled around with Gammadust's Sidemap with some success, but I don't remember if it needed a mission crafted for it.

DemoCore, is it not possible to make this launch and get the data out in a similar way to ASM?. That only requires a server side addon.

Huh.. yea should be possible..Will try that! :) its way smarter :D

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

I see.

I have been working on something similair, very WIP, and can't really figure out how to solve some issues. I just would like to se how you accomplished some stuff.

Right here i'm using leaflet.js to have a interactive map. You should try that out :)

http://piclair.com/data/3gq75.jpg (337 kB)

You just have to call a dll extention from arma, which has the code that send the data to your tcp server :) Just pm me if you need more detail :)

Okay, so I managed to get the dll working on other pc's than mine.

I had to rewrite everything, which is why it took me so long.

I've tested it on 2 other pc's, so it should work fine now! :)

(just download the rar from the first post, it's updated)

Edited by DemoCore

I ported the map to a framework. This way it's more accessable (works so far with every device and every browser I tested it on).

But I had to rewrite the entire Map Logic.

Anyway the new Map is WAY more detailed! It's made by 10T, so much thanks to him! :)

So far only Statis is availabe for this way of displaying the map, so that's all I've got for now.

Also displaying more info about a selected unit, the teleport and the move command are not implemented just yet.

The source code of theese features is still there but the implementation with the new map framework isn't done yet.

Hope you guys like the Update! :)

Is it possible to use this map as a real time GPS where it shows your current location and tracks with you so you stay centered?

Is it possible to use this map as a real time GPS where it shows your current location and tracks with you so you stay centered?

Yes, that will be possible. It's just not implemented yet.

Sweet you are doing a great job DemoCore absolutely amazing.

Okay, so I finally found some time writing some code again today!

(Sorry for the current lack of progress, I'm currently in my exam phase)

It's now possible to make the map follow a unit automatically.

You can turn it on/off on the left side.

To make the map follow a player, you have to click on him and click the "auto follow" Button.

Selecting a player doesn't always work so far. Working on that.

http://i.imgur.com/CNt4gMO.jpg (245 kB)

Edited by DemoCore

Seems awesome..i want to use this mod, but my init line don't allow me to place more, any tips?

Seems awesome..i want to use this mod, but my init line don't allow me to place more, any tips?

Huh? Why doesn't it allow you to place more?