vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

So is the !Workshop Folder the New place addons are stored now? I have no idea... disregard my previous post(s).

On 8/4/2021 at 8:40 AM, Von Quest said:

So is the !Workshop Folder the New place addons are stored now? I have no idea... disregard my previous post(s).

Yes, all the addons downloaded from the arma3 workshop will end up there.

• Thanks 1

Is it possible to export CBA keybinds (from other mods) to share with my friends so that way we can have our own in-house defaults?

Suggestion:

Is it possible to add an option to force players to either use 3D scope or 2D/PIP scope on compatible optics?

WITH:

CBA 3.15.3

CBA 3.15.4

CBA 3.15.5

The all menu system not work in Apex.Main menu intro not works only the sound.

I just don't understand why need to touch it to these parts of the game?

Hey everyone,

as it is right now (if I see it correctly) you have to load the CBA Addon Server Settings whenever you start a new mission that has not been on the server before. I say that because that is what I experience. Whenever I launch a new mission on our server the CBA Addon Settings are on default or at least on whatever the mission creator set them to (I'm specifically talking about the Server Settings)

Is there a way that I can force these Settings on a server regardless of the mission, so that even new mission will have these settings.

Sorry if I'm confusing! xD

Edit: Can I maybe accomplish this with a PreInit execution through a mod?

eidt2: the current dzn Extended Jamming mod cause trouble when ace3 enabled.

Edited by HBAOplus
update info

Does anybody know how to get CBA invisible targets to work correctly?  In SP, ai stop shooting at the target as soon as you move it with setposasl.  In MP, I can't get ai to shoot at it at all.

So I was browsing through some older faction mods made via the ALiVE ORBAT and I've noticed a pattern of error codes among faction mods published before the 2022 updates to CBA_A3 and ALiVE. Some examples include "Balkan War Mod 1990-1995" and "2001 Macedonian Insurgency" on the Steam Workshop.

"CUP_Worlds_DustEffects" and/or "universal_uniforms" seems to be a recurring issue with faction mods working properly. Anybody got any idea what's causing these errors? Did CBA or ALiVE rewrite the config files or something?

I also personally had made a faction called "ANTIFA Rioters V2" back in December 2021 and some of the details in the config files for are not the same anymore as when I first published the mod in 2021. I know for a fact I didn't accidentally alter or omit any config files or dependencies because my file explorer folder timestamp for the mod files still says it was last modified in December 2021.

I'm not a coder by any chance, so I might sound crazy for asking if ALiVE or CBA_A3 updates are capable of rewriting mod folder configs. My deduction for this is that CBA_A3 and ALiVE were recently updated in 2022. And the three affected mods I mentioned were all mods published before the 2022 updates.

Additionally I have a recording of a multiplayer op using my custom faction from back in December as well, and when I load up the mission file I made back in 2021, it stated missing dependencies for "universal uniforms" and "unknown" (can post a screenshot later).

I've never once used the CUP Core Terrains or Universal Uniforms mods as a dependency when making my faction mod. 

I also noticed that the "O_[faction name]" line was changed from what was supposed to be my faction name "O_Rioters" to the faction name of the faction that I used as the template in ORBAT i.e. "O_LootersUSA2020" or "O_CSAT".

Looking over the info I've gathered, it seems that ALiVE is the culprit, but I'm not sure if CBA_A3 may be involved. I'd like to hear some of your guys' thoughts and experience with this kind of stuff.

Does CBA have a weapon switch keybind function implemented. For example if I hit the home key on the keyboard three green boxes appear vertically  secondary weapon(launcher) handgun and hands options appear. Is this part of CBA and why can't I find it when looking at CBA options in the config menus. Avibird 

Any chance we'd see support for SlotItemChanged (Arma3 v2.14) in extended event handlers?

Last CBA update added JAM magwells compatibility to Western Sahara weapons, however I think the particular implementation is... worth reconsidering, maybe?

For starters, the single round 40mm magazines "1Rnd_40mm_HE_lxWS" and "1Rnd_Pellet_Grenade_shell_lxWS" are added to "CBA_40mm_3GL" magwell. Which means that no single round capable 40mm launcher will be able to utilize them, as they use "CBA_40mm_M203" magwell - that includes even vanilla "UGL_F" class.

Secondly, as it currently stands, the XMS bullpup can utilize double drum "CBA_556x45_STANAG_2D" and "CBA_556x45_STANAG_2D_XL" magwells - used for example for vanilla SPAR 150 round drums. Not only this produces clipping issues (I suspect in real life it would be rather hard to wield a bullpup with such magazine), but is out of line with other bullpups in game. For example Mk20 (FN F2000) can load only regular STANAGs (and can't even load long stick mags from "CBA_556x45_STANAG_L" magwell, which IMHO is too punishing), while TRG/Tavor can utilize "_L", "_XL" and even "_2D" magwells. I think all those guns (XMS, F2000, Tavor) should have an uniform magwell selection limited to "_XL" size (that includes XMS 75 round stick/coffin mag).

Lastly, there are missing entries for WS guns and magazines that utilize magwells which are not present in vanilla game, but are still defined by CBA/JAM - including Galil or AA-12 shotgun (AA40). This means that when using WS, CBA and a 3rd party mod which has JAM-compatible guns of the same type (for example CUP), people are still forced to use 3rd party addon making those mags interchangeable. In essence, current implementation only makes a part of WS guns compatible with JAM.

Hi all!

I would like to ask for a little help: We wanted to play a mission with three machines (my machine is the server), but one of the machines displays the following error and is rejected by the server:

"0:00:00)cba_vesrioning - ace - Version Mismatch!" (Machine:Charlie_1 (Player) version: 3.16.0.72, serverVersion: 3.16.1.74, Level:4)"

We deleted the CBA_A3 MOD on the client, unsubscribed on STEAM, then resubscribed, the same error remained.

In the MOD list, on the property page of CBA_A3, we see the same parameters on all three machines:

Author CBATeam

Last Update 2023.10.25. 21:28

File size: 3,9 MB

Multiplayer: Signed

The other machine connects without any problems.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

37 minutes ago, simicsko said:

\"0:00:00)cba_vesrioning - ace - Version Mismatch!" (Machine:Charlie_1 (Player) version: 3.16.0.72, serverVersion: 3.16.1.74, Level:4)"

Looks to me like ace is out of sync, not cba_a3.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 10:03 PM, TeTeT said:

Thanks for the idea, we'll try it, then I'll report back.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:03 PM, TeTeT said:

Thank you for your tip. The problem was really with the ACE mod. 👍

Hi. Can someone tell me where addon keybinds are stored? Is there a file I can take a copy of? Sometimes my Arma crashes and deletes all of my keybinds including addon keybinds so I would like to be able to back them up instead of having to manually change them in Configure Addon Controls every time. Thanks.

Vurrently the modules for CBA tasks are broken/semi functional. are they ever going to be updated? for example, centre point position for a reference for a patrol point doesnt work,wether marker or object,array or singular.

apolagies, i made a sync error. However i wanted to ask if anyone knows how exactly i can remove the house search function on CBA task search area? its alot better than task patrol with the exception of AI searching random houses due to AI getting stuck 99% of the time