_settingsSwWest set [2, 
["100","101","102","103","200","300","50","60"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

private _settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings; 
_settingsLrWest set [2, 
["50","60","61","62","63","64","65","66","67"]]; 
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

On 16. 3. 2017 at 8:24 PM, belbo said:

Yes, but in most cases the mission builder might want to force some settings for his mission - and that by using scripting functions instead of some shady eden attributes.

If the mission builder thinks Eden attributes are shady that's his problem. :)

There will never be a script way to do that, but other ways (eg. a static file) are being looked into for reasons of not needing to open the mission in Eden just to be able to change settings.

3 hours ago, jonpas said:

If the mission builder thinks Eden attributes are shady that's his problem. :)

There will never be a script way to do that, but other ways (eg. a static file) are being looked into for reasons of not needing to open the mission in Eden just to be able to change settings.

They have the definite disadvantage of a) being static - you can't change them during mission or via addon - and b) requiring you to edit the mission with the mod loaded, which might create dependencies even if you just want to add settings for optional mods.

Not being able to change a mission setting by script command or function is simply a drawback. The cba developers might not agree with it, but if there's a need there's always a reason to implement something.

I've got one additional question though: If I have cba_auto_load_settings_file.pbo loaded my rpt tells me that file patching has to be enabled for it to even work. Is that true that the server settings can't be set by the cba-userconfig if file patching isn't switched on? I'm wondering if it's in any way problematic if the server has -filepatching (with allowedFilePatching = 0; of course) enabled.

3 hours ago, belbo said:

They have the definite disadvantage of a) being static - you can't change them during mission or via addon - and b) requiring you to edit the mission with the mod loaded, which might create dependencies even if you just want to add settings for optional mods.

Not being able to change a mission setting by script command or function is simply a drawback. The cba developers might not agree with it, but if there's a need there's always a reason to implement something.

I've got one additional question though: If I have cba_auto_load_settings_file.pbo loaded my rpt tells me that file patching has to be enabled for it to even work. Is that true that the server settings can't be set by the cba-userconfig if file patching isn't switched on? I'm wondering if it's in any way problematic if the server has -filepatching (with allowedFilePatching = 0; of course) enabled.

You can change them during a mission via CBA settings when logged in as admin, and yes you can also do it via addon (static settings file which is already possible with current version of CBA). And yes, that's why static file in the mission would be ideal, so you wouldn't have to load the mission in editor to edit just the settings.

Correct, file patching is required for auto-load. And no, if server is running filepatching that has nothing to do with clients, that's why there is the allowedFilePatching, clients still won't be able to use it if the server does.

There are no dependencies created from settings.

On 29. 3. 2017 at 11:49 PM, commy2 said:

There are no dependencies created from settings.

What he meant is if you have to load into a mission to set some mod's settings, and save it, dependencies will be created simply because you have to do it in Eden.

can someone please tell me how to use the XEH Init?

I put the following line into my mod's config.cpp but it is not working.

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers
{
    class Air
    {
        Devas_AutoPilot_XEH_Init = "_this spawn DEVAS_AutoPilotEnable;";
    };
};

when I put an airplane in editor and start the preview autopilot stuff is not there..

Found the problem. 
I used 

class MyInit
            {
                postInit     = 1;
                file         = "\Devas_AutoPilot\AutoPilotInit.sqf";
            };

to Compile the SQF files.
Looks like the XEH init was firing too soon and not working.

I replaced the call with

Devas_AutoPilot_Init = "_this execVM ""\Devas_AutoPilot\AutoPilotEnable.sqf"";";

and now it works

Yeah, you generally should define functions during preInit (before objects are initialized and their eventhandlers executed) and not postInit, to avoid race conditions. I also don't recommend using execVM in an init eventhandler, because that means that you read from disc, preprocess and compile the init script for ever objects instead of once and keeping it in memory.

CBA v3.3.0 Released

This version improves the settings framework and makes the Eden-Editor init box and the Extended Debug-Console more user friendly. The new documentation of the settings framework can be found here.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: Function to report all CBA namespaces (#608) commy2
  • ADDED: Functions to convert CBA hashes into CBA namespaces and vice versa (#609) commy2
  • ADDED: Some Japanese translations (#626) classicarma
  • ADDED: Function to add options to pause menu (#634) commy2
  • ADDED: Debug Console to the single player Virtual Arsenal mission (#643) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Settings framework (#510, #580, #606, #624, #640, #641) PabstMirror, jonpas, commy2
  • IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_removeXCargo functions to retain items properly (#596) jonpas
  • IMPROVED: Init-box size and enabled local variables and return values (#612, #620) commy2
  • IMPROVED: A description in the defend and patrol modules (#618) McDiod
  • IMPROVED: Performance of CBA namespaces (#619) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Extended Debug Console (#625) commy2
  • IMPROVED: CBA Keybinds are translated according to the keyboard language (#631) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Some array functions (#635, #636) Dorbedo
  • FIXED: Eden-Editor hotkey for Config Viewer not working (#611) commy2
  • FIXED: Unit player eventhandler not called when leaving remote control (#615, #617) dedmen
  • FIXED: A missing stringtable entry (#621) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler broken for respawning units (#622) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: A inconsistency with the initPost eventhandler (#628) commy2
  • FIXED: Addon credits and versions in main and pause menu (#629, #637) commy2

Change log for CBA v3.3

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 9

Since CBA updated I have been unable to load save games. Looking in the RPT log, I find the following line immediately prior to the crash.

Error loading/saving variable cba_common_nextframebuffera

The game then crashes to desktop with an 0x0000dead error.

Is CBA causing the error?

I am going to revert to vanilla to see if still an issue and then, if good, with just CBA installed

EDIT: Vanilla works fine. CTD occurs with just CBA enabled.

Edited by alky_lee
Extra info

2 hours ago, alky_lee said:

Since CBA updated I have been unable to load save games. Looking in the RPT log, I find the following line immediately prior to the crash.

Error loading/saving variable cba_common_nextframebuffera

The game then crashes to desktop with an 0x0000dead error.

Is CBA causing the error?

I am going to revert to vanilla to see if still an issue and then, if good, with just CBA installed

EDIT: Vanilla works fine. CTD occurs with just CBA enabled.

This was happening for me before last night's update.  I was hoping the update would actually fix it.  You will see from my bug report On Ace that if you save a mission on the VR map and try to load  it works as it should, however any other map it doesn't.

I like to know why with 3.3.0... That now on my server it has a red dot in the mod list. This happens from time to time as new versions are released. The last two showed green but this one show's red and I know it discourages some folks from joining the server.

56 minutes ago, commy2 said:

Can you upload the full log?

Ref: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/5126

Unfortunately, the RPT log gets overwritten each time I restart Arma 3 so the log has gone along with the crash dump files. It never used to. I used to have several RPT logs.

20 minutes ago, alky_lee said:

Unfortunately, the RPT log gets overwritten each time I restart Arma 3 so the log has gone along with the crash dump files. It never used to. I used to have several RPT logs.

If saving and loading is genuinely a CBA issue, it should be super easy to make a sample mission that would demonstrate the problem. I'd say worst case, do that and post the mission here. I'm sure someone else can get the log. Hell I can get the log if there's no takers. Would only take a couple minutes.

28 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

If saving and loading is genuinely a CBA issue, it should be super easy to make a sample mission that would demonstrate the problem. I'd say worst case, do that and post the mission here. I'm sure someone else can get the log. Hell I can get the log if there's no takers. Would only take a couple minutes.

I can confirm that it only crashes with CBA loaded. It appears only to crash when loading a game saved on altis stratis and the new Apex map. So BI official maps.  If you try on vr map or custom maps u can save and load on them.  I have loaded my logs in my issue on the link above.  Please add to this post if anyone has the same issue. 

2 hours ago, commy2 said:

I debugged the savegame issue.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/661

I'll be working on a fix after dinner / tomorrow. No further help needed as of now. Thanks for the report, will be fixed. No workaround, just be patient.

Awesome :) Thank you for quick response.

Thank you commy! The only temporary solution I found was reverting to the cba version before this one.

42 minutes ago, jjhhytt said:

Thank you commy! The only temporary solution I found was reverting.

What did u revert to?

Good Morning !

I have a problem with a server that I created at home, it is a milsim server, created to train my clan staff, I'm using some basic mods, the server is smooth and error free, but when any clan member tries Connect appears a message saying that the version of CBA or ace you are using is different from the one the server uses, plus both ace and CBA_A3 have been downloaded from the same site and same version, as solving this type of error, since nobody can connect, the That failed to connect after this CBA_A3 update. I'm Brazilian and I do not understand English, I'm using google translator. Sorry for the mistakes!
Thank you in advance, all the help is welcome!

1 hour ago, DJCdiego said:

Good Morning !

I have a problem with a server that I created at home, it is a milsim server, created to train my clan staff, I'm using some basic mods, the server is smooth and error free, but when any clan member tries Connect appears a message saying that the version of CBA or ace you are using is different from the one the server uses, plus both ace and CBA_A3 have been downloaded from the same site and same version, as solving this type of error, since nobody can connect, the That failed to connect after this CBA_A3 update. I'm Brazilian and I do not understand English, I'm using google translator. Sorry for the mistakes!
Thank you in advance, all the help is welcome!

Moved your post to the correct thread :f: