vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

G'day and thanks for your continued hard work :)

I just updated to the latest version of cba and now I'm getting a save/load error, as in "When I save a SP scenario and try to load it again, just a blank screen will appear". Is anybody else having this issue? tested it with only CBA enabled. :(

yup, reverted back to 2.4.0 and everything works as it should...

I just updated my rented/dedicated server and my game machine with CBA_A3 v2.4.1.160606 and made sure to place the new .bikey file in the keys folder but now CBA_A3 shows up red and I get kicked off the server. Kind of a bummer since so many mods require it.

Update: I've now tried both the download from Armaholic and from Steam Workshop with the same result. With 'verifySignatures' = 2 in the server.cfg, no one running CBA_A3 v2.4.1.160606 can join the server. The CBA_A3 shows red in the mod list in the server browser. Appears to be a problem with the keys. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I just updated to the latest version of cba and now I'm getting a save/load error, as in "When I save a SP scenario and try to load it again, just a blank screen will appear". Is anybody else having this issue? tested it with only CBA enabled. :(

yup, reverted back to 2.4.0 and everything works as it should...

I cannot reproduce this. What mission? Please upload a RPT

I cannot reproduce this. What mission? Please upload a RPT

Hi. 

well, redownloaded and checked again now, and erhhh. I now can't reproduce it either. In short: something must have gone wrong with my installation yesterday, it works now. Sometimes Armas innerworkings drive me nuts...

Sorry for the confusion guys :(

Bug to report

I installed CBA 3 according to the instructions, but every time I try to launch Arma 3, I first get a message saying CBA requires 3DEN( IDK what that is), then the screen goes black, then returns to the home page and has this error message : include file a3\functions_f\GUI\fn_initDisplay.sqf not found. IDK what that means, I know that CBA is required to run most mods for Arma 3, and I'm somewhat desperate to get a solution to this error. My email is sasukeu2871@gmail.com, feel free to message me at any time, I'll be willing to give any info required to solve this problem. Thanks!

Your game might not be up to date. 3DEN is the 3d editor

That is a bug with the Virtual Arsenal. Instead of searching for strange work-arounds, BI should fix that issue directly. It does not only affect your attachments.

More exactly a bug in bis_fnc_compatibleItems function which is used by Virtual Arsenal and was reported but closed prematurely (fix wasn't properly implemented): https://feedback.bistudio.com/T81478

• Like 2

2 questions. What version of arma 3 do you have to have in order to use CBA, and what version gives you the boot camp?

2 questions. What version of arma 3 do you have to have in order to use CBA, and what version gives you the boot camp?

A legal version.

• Like 2

OK, I deleted the whole game. I don't know what you mean by illegal, but I don't want to have any business in it. Some guy gave me the game on a disc for 20 dollars, he said he lost the cover, and I bought it, I'd seen gameplay of arma 3, so I just bought the disk. Where can I get a legal version of it? (I already snapped the disc)

OK, I deleted the whole game. I don't know what you mean by illegal, but I don't want to have any business in it. Some guy gave me the game on a disc for 20 dollars, he said he lost the cover, and I bought it, I'd seen gameplay of arma 3, so I just bought the disk. Where can I get a legal version of it? (I already snapped the disc)

You have been tricked. Arma 3 is only available on Steam. We don't support pirated versions.

HI All,

Still looking for a solution to my problem...

The latest version of CBA appears to be not signed/keyed correctly. This is the first time I've had this problem since I started using CBA. With version 2.4.1.160606 if my server is set to 'verifySignatures' = 2, and the 2.4.1.160606 bikey in the server's keys folder, with my and all my group's machines having the same version installed, then CBA shows up as a 'red' mod in the mod list in the server browser and anyone trying to connect to the server gets kicked right away. Since there are so many other addons that depend on CBA I could really use some help on this one. Please, and thanks.

HI All,

Still looking for a solution to my problem...

The latest version of CBA appears to be not signed/keyed correctly. This is the first time I've had this problem since I started using CBA. With version 2.4.1.160606 if my server is set to 'verifySignatures' = 2, and the 2.4.1.160606 bikey in the server's keys folder, with my and all my group's machines having the same version installed, then CBA shows up as a 'red' mod in the mod list in the server browser and anyone trying to connect to the server gets kicked right away. Since there are so many other addons that depend on CBA I could really use some help on this one. Please, and thanks.

I cannot reproduce this. With a client and server running "-mod=@CBA_A3" and the 2.4.1 files and key, CBA shows up green in the server browser. I can connect and play just fine.

Launching either the client or server with the "-checkSignatures" startup parameter tells me that the files are signed correctly - all addons in CBA 2.4.1 pass the signature check both on the server and the client.

Make absolutely sure that you remove all(*) old CBA addons and replace them with the new ones.

(*) Perhaps you have a set of older CBA addons in some mod folder somewhere that's used when the signature problems occur.

Lately a few mods I try to add to my game won't work they all say something along the lines of "X requires CBA_MAIN" or "X requires CBA_Extended_EventHandlers". But it consistenly does this for TPW Mods, ASR3 AI, bcombat and AISS!? Should I just reinstall the game?

-noSplash -world=empty -high -maxMem=4096 -maxvram=3071 -cpuCount=8 -exthreads=7 -mod=@CBA_A3;@3den Enhanced;@BaBe_midTex;@BC-Phoenix;@CUP_Terrains;@panthera_a3;@DragonFyreLite;@lingor3;@ASDG_JR;@Unlocked_Uniforms;@Bornholm;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@HiddenIdentityPackV2;@CAF;@NIArsenal;@RYD_BT;@tort_DynamicWeather;@VSM;@bCombat-0.18

I cannot reproduce this. With a client and server running "-mod=@CBA_A3" and the 2.4.1 files and key, CBA shows up green in the server browser. I can connect and play just fine.

Launching either the client or server with the "-checkSignatures" startup parameter tells me that the files are signed correctly - all addons in CBA 2.4.1 pass the signature check both on the server and the client.

Make absolutely sure that you remove all(*) old CBA addons and replace them with the new ones.

(*) Perhaps you have a set of older CBA addons in some mod folder somewhere that's used when the signature problems occur.

Thanks for helping with this. When ever I update CBA I always delete the entire @CBA_A3 folder both on my server and my client machine. I did re-download CBA from Armaholic and now, while it still shows up red in the file browser I can connect and play, I've tested this with CBA as the only activated mod. Of course, I'd still like to find out why it's red, this is the first time this has happened though many updates. Any suggestions on what other mods might have CBA files in them?

BTW CBA v2.4.1.160606 is still red after a full wipe of the server, performed for a completely unrelated reason, and again only CBA installed and activated on the server, no other mods. Also when I do this test I only have CBA active on my client machine as well.

Over on the thread for the Ravage framework, we've had some discussion about a certain error message:

Addon 'cba_ui' requires addon 'A3_Ui_F_Data'

It seems from talking to the people who experienced it that they've been running version 1.56 of ArmA 3. It's fixed by updating.

Just thought I'd let you know and leave a post up here in case other people come asking.

Addon 'cba_ui' requires addon 'A3_Ui_F_Data'

This is caused by CBA 2.4.0.

Solution: update to CBA 2.4.1.

Thanks for helping with this. When ever I update CBA I always delete the entire @CBA_A3 folder both on my server and my client machine. I did re-download CBA from Armaholic and now, while it still shows up red in the file browser I can connect and play, I've tested this with CBA as the only activated mod. Of course, I'd still like to find out why it's red, this is the first time this has happened though many updates. Any suggestions on what other mods might have CBA files in them?

BTW CBA v2.4.1.160606 is still red after a full wipe of the server, performed for a completely unrelated reason, and again only CBA installed and activated on the server, no other mods. Also when I do this test I only have CBA active on my client machine as well.

You'll have to comb through the mod folders you're loading. Add this to the startup parameter of the client and/or server and check the RPT after startup:

-checkSignatures

The log should have entries similar to this if everything is OK:

Signature tests for C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@CBA_A3\addons\cba_arrays.pbo.cba_2.4.1.160606-b8145500.bisign PASSED!

Look for any lines with signature tests that fail (or tests that pass for CBA addons not signed by the 2.4.1 bikey)

If you only see CBA 2.4.1 tests and they all pass, the problem is not with CBA.