bigpickle

List Of Files To Copy Directly

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;* .ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.bisurf;*.sqm;*.ext;*.dbf;*.prj;*.shx;*.shp

When ever installing Addon builder this box is blank, you need to add these extensions for the builder to work.

Copy and paste into below:

blanklist_zps1bb2d980.png

Admin please sticky.

Edited by Bigpickle

Probably best NOT to have "*.wrp" on that list, since if you're making terrains then you need the .wrp to be binarized - not "copied directly"...

Conversely, if your terrain has a cutscene, then it'll contain a "mission.sqm" (*.sqm), which you WILL want "copied directly", and also possibly a "description.ext" (*.ext) which should also be on the list...

Then, with Terrain Builder and the new Roads Tech, there's "shapefiles" involved - these also really don't want binarized, and therefore should also be "copied directly".

A "shapefile" consists of a set of four files - "*.shp", "*.shx", "*.prj" and "*.dbf"

Finally, if, during your Terrain Builder "generate layers" procedure, you chose to save the corresponding "*.rvmat" as "text files", then they'll need binarized at the packing stage, so they should NOT be on this list (so they WILL be binarized).

If, however, you chose to generate "binarized rvmats", then, of course, they're already binarized, so you DON'T want to binarize them again, so you DO want "*.rvmat" to be on this list...

I think that covers the lot.... ;)

B

Nice one mate, updated main post, I also forgot *.cpp of all things :confused: If any sees anything else that should be there post up and ill add them to the list of extensions.

Edited by Bigpickle

Orrrrrrr. Use mikeros pboproject which will handle all that for you, and is a far superior program anyway :)

I'm sure that's true but :p, its like suggesting a community mod to fix a bis bug, BIS tools need to be working correctly.

Edited by Bigpickle

Addon tools updated today.

Dev's why is it SO difficult for someone to add the required extensions into Addon builder?

Aye, the fact that it's clearing the list at install is annoying

Why is *.cpp in your suggested list btw? There are good reasons to allow addonBuilder to convert config.cpp to config.bin, and it definitely wasn't part of the preset list of extensions in binPBO.

Boy that pboproject is looking better an better. ;)

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed. You may even find all sorts of errors that addonbuilder let through.

Aye, the fact that it's clearing the list at install is annoying

Why is *.cpp in your suggested list btw? There are good reasons to allow addonBuilder to convert config.cpp to config.bin, and it definitely wasn't part of the preset list of extensions in binPBO.

Hey mate, I took the list from the arma2 tools, plus if i try it without *.cpp it doesn't binarize .cpp's for some reason :confused:

Also now the addon maker searches through my whole drive irrespective of folder selections, and then just crashes everytime.

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
 Application Name:	binarize.exe
 Application Version:	1.0.0.0
 Application Timestamp:	5382dc63
 Fault Module Name:	binarize.exe
 Fault Module Version:	1.0.0.0
 Fault Module Timestamp:	5382dc63
 Exception Code:	c0000005
 Exception Offset:	00841b2a
 OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
 Locale ID:	2057
 Additional Information 1:	0a9e
 Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 Additional Information 3:	0a9e
 Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I tried to give a thumbs up, but thumb had a bug..

thumb_zpsade34dfc.jpg

Boy that pboproject is looking better an better. ;)

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed. You may even find all sorts of errors that addonbuilder let through.

Can I get a link please?

Edited by Bigpickle

lol whats the point anymore you get everything working an then you reboot an poof its all jacked up.

Edited by NZXSHADOWS
Legitness

Hey Bigpickle! Could you please remove the space between .wss;* and .ogg;* in your list? If someone tries to do direct copy/paste of that line and don't see the space, they will run into trouble. Took me hours to find out why my mods did not work properly after packing them. It was that space that did it :)

• Like 1

On 24.4.2017 at 4:54 AM, Corbinnator said:

Anyone have an updated list?

This one works fine for me: 

*.pac;*.paa;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.xml;*.hqf;*.rtm;*.rvmat;*.shp;