Sign in to follow this  
mikeap

Player Movement

Player movement in ArmA 3 is considerably better than previous games, but is still extremity clunky.

Ideally, I'd love the player movement in ArmA to be something like Rainbow 6: Ravenshield or SWAT 4, very fluid and smooth.

Are there any mods that tweak movement?

Do you just mean running around, or stuff like climbing, etc? There's a couple of mods that I wish would just join forces, for doing stuff like climbing, dropping, etc. Makes movement a lot more interesting and gives you a ton more options.

Do you just mean running around, or stuff like climbing, etc? There's a couple of mods that I wish would just join forces, for doing stuff like climbing, dropping, etc. Makes movement a lot more interesting and gives you a ton more options.

Just general movement. Very clunky when compared to other tactical shooters.

I can't agree with general movement feeling clunky. The only thing I see compared to some other tactical shooters relates to actions such as firing from behind cover and weapon resting and other things that are much easier to do with a limited (smaller) number of pre-defined objects.

i completely agree with the OP on the clunky feel, after playing console games for many many years, likes of cod and BF, to come on here i feel the movement is no where near as smooth as it could be, but there games are like that, i played Carrier Command and thats horrendous with clunky unresponsive movement, the amount of times i try to walk through a door and it just lurches past and have to make several attempts just to get through, even last night with my m8 trying to get in a car, hardly ever first time, i watch alot of Arma3 videos, even vets on there have problems walking through doors

You know character size, gun raised and all that....might have something to do...it's not like other games without that collision capability like arma...or like real life where you can adjust better your movement..... ¬¬'

I think it would be cool if the "Light Rifleman" class had more mobility i.e. being faster, being able to drop further without getting hurt or even be able to climb with the limited amount of gear.

wsad? whats wrong with that?

Not a bad first post --welcome.