Revan9190

Command and Conquer: Tiberium Universe Release Thread

It's not perfect, but I am very content at the moment that I have just given GDI their Medium Tank (M1A1). The GDI medium tank is finally deployed. I worked since 4:30PM to 9:45PM after several hours of trial and error to 'perfect' it, basing it off of a mix of CNC95 cinematics and CNC Renegade's model (over something extremely simple too...). I present now, to you, the Medium Tank of GDI!

http://i.imgur.com/80Hz1I8.png

http://i.imgur.com/LHkrcjL.png

http://i.imgur.com/LBuzbge.png

Great stuff, and well worth the effort. In all fairness, the original desert island doesn't really do any justice, and it would be really nice to have some extra desert battlefields to work with. Kind of what noob1 was talking about with custom islands, they wouldn't have to be 100% original, just basic building replacements, and different names for towns so the maps fitted to C&C. I don't know, just something to think about now that that the war machines are coming along well.

Maybe a realistic version of Renegade's C&C Canyon. Not 100% sure how to map that. Also, realistic versions of C&C95 campaign maps? The ones involving Libya, Chad, and Egypt.

Airwolf Land from Airwolf mod has some nice, American style canyons. Maybe it would be possible to ask the authors for permission to edit these maps a bit and use for C&C theme. As for Libya, there's the excellent DMA Libya which is also required by Airwolf terrains. Some really good maps are also Arabia and, of course, Tonal/Tonal Redux. We could have a generic desert map too, with some possible Egyptian objects. Edited by noob1
added more links

I forgot all about Airwolf Land somehow! That'd be great for a recreation of Renegade's first mission of sorts, if you think of it. DMA Libya's nice indeed - play on it a lot. Always have trouble with the Arabia one - not sure why? And no one can forget Tonal/TR. Those Egyptian objects would definitely be useful. I'll learn how to make some islands and make some generic ones, I think. It'd really help if I could model some Tiberium crystals and 'spores' to place down in fields (and even have some 'individual' ones. And some in crates).

We'd need some C&C specific buildings too though. I'm not really experienced in 3D modeling so I can't contribute much at this point. Maybe WH40K team would be willing to give a hand? I was thinking of a RTS-like interface too, atleast for commanders. Could be done via FWatch I think, as a specific adjustment of the CTI game mode.

I like Maczer's quality when it comes to buildings and vehicles, as evidenced by his Orca, Buggy, Helipads, Hand of Nod, etc. Isn't he a part of OFP40k? I'll ask someone if they're willing. I'm desperate for tiberium stuff. Need refineries and silos.

Thanks to krzy for once again fixing my mistakes. XD He fixed up Nod's Chinook and it looks brilliant! The texture will be updated at a later date, he says, but for now it still looks nice!

http://i.imgur.com/m0o2xSC.png

http://i.imgur.com/9z7AYWV.png

http://i.imgur.com/jyWH2WP.png

I know I said I'd release the mod after this was fixed up, but I have a couple more things I want to include in the package before the release (and some cleaning up inside the folders). Plus as a small bonus at release time because of my few months delay, I'll add in the Soviet Mammoth shown a couple of pages back (probably still needs a few bug fixes)! The readme was typed up so I just gotta clean up some folders and package a couple 'o useful things that I think mission makers will love. ;)

That's great stuff, all round. I wasn't expecting the camo scheme on Nod's APC, but you've managed to get it looking like the real deal. Nice one!

As I am moving soon, I'm releasing a public beta (because so far everything's been internal alphas and I was never satisfied). Expect a few bugs. Also included is some flags in .paa format for mission maker usage (found in a folder in the addons folder). The Mammoth Tank for GDI stopped showing up, but will be fixed for a later version. PBO still included. :) Hope you guys enjoy the things that do work at least. Some bugs listed in readme at the bottom. Not sure if I did my readme correctly. Looked around at other peoples' readme formats, but still followed my own.

Anyways, here you guys go!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23036637/CNCBRBeta0.1.zip

I managed to have a look at the works. Nice of you to upload for the time being, I know there is alot more to do, but it's looking great so far. You and the gang have done a great job on this. Hopefully, the tiberium trucks will soon have some tiberium to harvest for the summer!

Oh hell yeah! Downloading now, I'll try everything out as soon as I'm free!

@Apocalypse83 - That's what I'm hoping. I'm not a modeler, so I'd need someone to help model the tiberium crystals and spore plants. For awhile these trucks are for show. I'm really glad Stu made them for free usage. Which reminds me that I think I forgot to list him in the readme. My moving from Texas to Iowa was pretty urgent, so that's my bad. I'll double-check and add it if I need to, then will re-upload an updated readme. I wish the Mammoth tank was still working - it was working perfectly when I shot for the trailer/promo video.

@Lenyoga - Have fun! Hope you can create awesome missions with them! Flag pack was made for mission maker convenience! All the first Tiberium War flags, including Libya's 1977 flag.

Well guys, here is a replacement pack I made out of those addons:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zc20mynjio8s98j/CNCBR.rar

Although some units and buildings are absent, I tried to be a bit creative with what I had. It took me about a week to make although most was done during the weekend. I had some 'bigger' ideas for a full replacement but that would take a bit too long to do. Enjoy the pack and alter it as you please. :)

I might work a bit more on the Red Tide expansion. Soviet Rifle Infantry and Allied Rifle Infantry, plus Allied Medium Tank and Soviet Mammoth Tank for that first demo.

I gotta tweak the texture a bit on the Allied Medium Tank, then it should be mostly done. It's using SoldierWCrew at the moment as a temp crew. The model I chose is the M60, because I don't have an M48 and I didn't want to be repetitive using the Abrams again. While on the in-game build icon and the pre-rendered cutscenes they used an Abrams, I decided to use the Patton because it'd be more accurate to the period of Red Alert. I'd also like to get permissions from the author of the M24 for the light tank, if possible. And I'll utilize Apocalypse83's T-80 for the Soviet Heavy Tank. Just gotta copy the main gun bits and flash to make a twin barreled variant. Long coat Soviets with AK-47s and '50's' era Allied troops with M16A1s will make up the rifle infantry.

Some of these beauties would be nice to have too:

Recon_Bike.jpg

Hovercraft_Ren1_Game1.jpg

Flame_Tank_1995.jpg

Although the Renegade's version of the flame tank might be easier to make. The stealth tank would be doable too since there already were add-ons with functional invisibility made for OFP such as the Predator add-on.

Looking forward to seeing your Red Alert stuff. :)

Those have been on the list, but was unsure of how I wanted the Pyradon flame tank and Ezekiel's Wheel stealth tank represented. I know for the Pyradon that I want a script setup where infantry properly catch on fire and run around screaming, just like in ECP and FFUR (except it's tank crew getting out and running around on fire). The Recon bike is also on the list.

As for Red Alert stuff, thinking that the Jeep will be the Ranger for the Allies.

Yes, I was thinking that too, a script that sets the soliders on fire running around and screaming... ;)

And tanks could be 'melted' at close range like with the bradley HE rounds or Vulcan's cannon. The NOD recon bike would need better armour than your regular bike though. Something like the Humvee attributes would be good and it could be equipped with dual TOW rockets from a bradley. And the hoovercraft could have boat attributes while in water but when on ground a script could go off that would turn it into a land vehicle. Just some thoughts. :)

Unfortunately you can't have missiles on a car class,without some scripting.

The Mcar project made a go of it some years back.So that might be worth checking out.

I'll give it some thought. Yeah I was actually thinking the hovercraft should work like that. The flametank will have elements of both TD & Renegade. I'm trying to sort of blend the two seamlessly, while retaining the gritty war aspect along with feelings of nostalgia.

Was thinking more about flame tank design. While trying to keep nostalgic feelings, I also want some essence of gritty realism. I think perhaps it can be based on the T-55 chassis. Two flame nozzles replace the main cannon. The napalm canisters would be attached to the back-top portion of the turret.