SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

A couple people have sent me PMs offering assistance with the project and I appreciate it very much.

More than anything, I appreciate those who are willing to offer help and advice.

So if anyone is willing to be of assistance to me in the form of advice and willing to answers my questions should I run into an problems; please message me.

The way I see it, the less hiccups I run into, the faster this mod can progress.

This is great and I wish you the best of luck. My only real concern is how are you going to design the innies? Are you just going to have them look like atypical insurgents, or are you going to try to base them off of what little facetime they've gotten in the comics/graphic novels.

This is great and I wish you the best of luck. My only real concern is how are you going to design the innies? Are you just going to have them look like atypical insurgents, or are you going to try to base them off of what little facetime they've gotten in the comics/graphic novels.

I'm going to be using a combination of the comic Innies and the Colonial militia that we see in the Halo Reach mission "Nightfall" to design some custom units but for the most part they will look more civilian than anything.

Similar to this:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101118030604/halo/images/3/37/Reach_9899643_Medium.jpg

i have high hopes for this as i been wanting the halo universe to come to arma for years. i've even attempted to do it myself but i am limited to static object modelling and importing in regards to knowledge. what i do suggest is that you simply create all black overalls for the uniform and then the armor would be the vest and helmet respectively. that way you would only have to model 1 uniform (unless you want variants of course) and then all armor seperate. looking forward to seeing this unfold and most importantly, i do ask you to implement functional ODST drop pods. imagine the use, not only for amazing insertions but also for quick respawns :) would be awesome to drop into battle as an ODST.

good luck! seriously, dont let this die!

I loved the idea, but arma 3 plot is nice near today technology, this way when you want sci fi just activate a mod in the mod line.. keep up

i have high hopes for this as i been wanting the halo universe to come to arma for years. i've even attempted to do it myself but i am limited to static object modelling and importing in regards to knowledge. what i do suggest is that you simply create all black overalls for the uniform and then the armor would be the vest and helmet respectively. that way you would only have to model 1 uniform (unless you want variants of course) and then all armor seperate. looking forward to seeing this unfold and most importantly, i do ask you to implement functional ODST drop pods. imagine the use, not only for amazing insertions but also for quick respawns :) would be awesome to drop into battle as an ODST.

good luck! seriously, dont let this die!

I suppose you would be happy to know someone is working on this ODST feature right now ;)

Good luck mate! Please, lock yourself in your home, give up your social life and finish this epic mod as soon as possible! ;)

43080313.jpg

This is the moment one wishes that one had modding skills. I wish you the best of luck, sir. If I can get to an acceptable level of skill between now and you finishing up with this, I'll be sure to let you know.

Also, a request if I may. Could you perhaps model and include the vaguely referenced UNSC Army Pathfinders? I love the concept and I can't help but feel that such a combat & reconnaissance unit would be perfect for killing Innies. But I understand if you say it can't be done, especially seeing as you probably have enough to be going on with already.

And one last thing. Iron sights for the MA5C and MA37 ICWS? How would you implement them if so?

Edited by Dadsky
After fourteen years of education, I still cannot spell.

I thought of having dreamed, but no, it's a mod on Halo!:D

I expected however to see Covenants and especially Sangheili, in your project...

GOOD LUCK ! :D

This is the moment one wishes that one had modding skills. I wish you the best of luck, sir. If I can get to an acceptable level of skill between now and you finishing up with this, I'll be sure to let you know.

Also, a request if I may. Could you perhaps model and include the vaguely referenced UNSC Army Pathfinders? I love the concept and I can't help but feel that such a combat & reconnaissance unit would be perfect for killing Innies. But I understand if you say it can't be done, especially seeing as you probably have enough to be going on with already.

And one last thing. Iron sights for the MA5C and MA37 ICWS? How would you implement them if so?

I will accept any help that is offered. Because as I said before, the more help I can get the faster this baby can be released.

As for the Pathfinders, no promises but I will look into it I promise you. I already was thinking about putting the UNSC Army in so adding on Pathfinders wouldn't be that difficult.

And for the MA5/MA37 irons... that is another challenge I'm having difficulty with.

As you probably already know, the MA5, according to lore, has iron sights built into the rifle but were never shown in any of the games, movies, comics, etc.

I could do something similar to this: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120422230030/halofanon/images/1/1f/MA7C.png -- including very close sights on a separate version.

Or I could redesign the MA5 slightly to the "base" design which would remove the ammo-counting electronics suite included on the top and that could be fitted with default irons. And from there you could put different sights of your liking on if you wished.

I also considered just ignoring the iron sights for most of the weapons and instead relying on the crosshairs ArmA provides for close quarters use. And the electronics suite would double as a scope you could zoom into, revealing only a forward facing reticule "scope" sight.

If anyone has any ideas on this matter, or opinions on which you think would be best please let me know here.

Maybe you could try creating a sort of groove or aperture set of sights integrated into the top of the electronics suite housing. So you could create a small "cutout" over the top of the ammo-counter, which leads to a shrouded post foresight. So, for a very rough reference, it might look something like this: \I/

Where the slashes are the rear sight/aperture and the I is the foresight/post. It doesn't need to be massive, just functional. And perhaps you may still be able to see the ammo-counter while using them, negating the need to check your ammo level on the HUD when it's right in front of you. It would likely be more relevant for CQB than your average firefight, but it's good to have them there.

Having the electronics suite as a removable module to the weapon could be useful as well. It would allow for different configs for the weapon loadout, and perhaps better sight/scope configurations. All of which you have likely thought of, I'm just thinking via the internet. >_>

So you have the "factory standard" MA5C/MA37 with the complementary electronics and ammo-counter, but those can be removed and replaced with other attachments based on operation demands. And it would mean that people can use the ArmA 3 Gear Menu with the MA5C/MA37, which could be considered very restrictive weapons. That's a score!

If you need any help with the Lore or the logic behind anything in the Halo-universe, PM me, I've been very critical of the halo games since day one with HALO CE for xbox and custom edition for PC. I'd love to help out any way I can.

Also as a quick side note for the Static frigate model you have planned, Arma hates 'huge' objects but if you get it to work, Maybe try adapting the submarine code to work in the air for it? Have the ability for mission editors to put an NPC in it that would fly it across the sky for the duration of the mission? Just a wild guess, Im half asleep atm.

Anyway good luck and as the next person to say 'Dont Let This Die'

Also, let me know if you need any help texturing, scripting, or setting up configs for anything. You can simply contact me on Steam. I'm more than willing to do anything that needs to be done in order to assist with this project.

If you need any help with the Lore or the logic behind anything in the Halo-universe, PM me, I've been very critical of the halo games since day one with HALO CE for xbox and custom edition for PC. I'd love to help out any way I can.

Also as a quick side note for the Static frigate model you have planned, Arma hates 'huge' objects but if you get it to work, Maybe try adapting the submarine code to work in the air for it? Have the ability for mission editors to put an NPC in it that would fly it across the sky for the duration of the mission? Just a wild guess, Im half asleep atm.

Anyway good luck and as the next person to say 'Dont Let This Die'

My current plans involved just having it be a stationary object in the sky. There would be an enterable hangar-bay on the rear end that units could land and depart from.

I would also like to set up a script to allow ODSTs to be dropped from here.

It would be similar Jdog's USS Nimitz and I will get in contact with him to see about making this work better.

And I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the "submarine code". Could you elaborate?

Also, let me know if you need any help texturing, scripting, or setting up configs for anything. You can simply contact me on Steam. I'm more than willing to do anything that needs to be done in order to assist with this project.

I most likely will be taking you up on this offer. I'm gonna go ahead and add you on Steam.

Most of my problems usually come from the BI Tools themselves.

By Submarine Code, I mean the submarine's movment controls and physics, They seem appliable to a large ship flying in the air no?

Anyway, Ill PM you my steam name if you need it.

Any updates? I've noticed the thread has gone a little quiet.

Do you have a roadmap of sorts for the mod?

Current road map is as follows:

1. Release simple ODST, UNSC Marine, and Innie with BR55HB and MA5C.

2. Finish all weapons.

3. Finish all UNSC.

4. Finish all Insurrectionists.

5. Finish all vehicles-- Final release?

6. Complete extras if desired (terrain; optional vehicles, weapons and factions possibly).

Hey guys, I'm going to be working with SpaceNavy on this project. I'm going to do my best to help him with whatever he needs regarding texturing, scripting, and config work. That said, I thought I'd show you guys some very early WIP content.

These are the most recent textures we've managed to whip up for the UNSC Army units.

gtebvL3l.png

jE6q01Il.png

And the reference (Halo Reach Army and Marines)

fKgM3bNl.png

Obviously, all gear in the screenshots are placeholders and the texture is still pretty WIP, but we decided to show you a little tidbit of the progress we've made. As always, feedback is encouraged. We look forward to providing you with more content as it is completed.

The Army Texture is looking okay but if you notice in the picture of the trooper he has a camo that's very grayish kind of like ACU. You might want to look into making something look a little more like that. Just my Thoughts

The Army Texture is looking okay but if you notice in the picture of the trooper he has a camo that's very grayish kind of like ACU. You might want to look into making something look a little more like that. Just my Thoughts

Yeah, It's all WIP and probably going to change.

Just one word :

ODST HELLJUMPERS

\O/

7zEXmNr.jpg

Soon