• Announcements

• Jervant

Bohemia Store Steam Redeem   06/24/17

We started experiencing problems with the Steam redeem from our Store on Friday June 23rd.   For anyone that got affected by this, please go to your store account, after you select the product you purchased, you should see your steam key with a link to a how to article to activate it manually through Steam.   We apologize for the inconvenience.
warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

1289 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

The gau21 will be deployed on the usaf pavehawk pack. So stay tuned

Now i feel like a little kid before christmas...

Pedro 6-1 is heading into Arma 3!!! :D

And cheers for answer warlord!

4 hours ago, b00ce said:

I would recommend putting the artificial horizon MFD page on the outboard MFD. Unless there's something wrong with the aircraft, the pilot opts to have it directly in-front of them to ease their scan. To the point that, while it isn't necessarily codified in any regulation or SOP (To my knowledge at least, after all I'm but a lowly crew-chief) Instructor Pilots will give their evaluees crap for it during a no-notice or annual check-ride. As for the contents of the screens themselves, I can't speak to it as I've never flown on an MH60M Good work, though I would guess it would be closer to the screen on the far left.

Definitely this.  Unfortunately, I'm stranded in the land of Lockheed software, so I don't have the ability to move the Flight Display around, but even if I did, having the attitude indicator on the inboard screen would be vertigo-inducing.  Having them on the outside screens is in-line with your eyes when your head is straight forward, and much easier to deal with.

As for the GAU-21, that's great to hear it will be in the addon.  But good god, that sound in that last video is horrible, and it sounds nothing like that.

18 hours ago, gatordev said:

Definitely this.  Unfortunately, I'm stranded in the land of Lockheed software, so I don't have the ability to move the Flight Display around, but even if I did, having the attitude indicator on the inboard screen would be vertigo-inducing.  Having them on the outside screens is in-line with your eyes when your head is straight forward, and much easier to deal with.

As for the GAU-21, that's great to hear it will be in the addon.  But good god, that sound in that last video is horrible, and it sounds nothing like that.

Yes I currently have the altitude screen inboard because of the animated part of the screen model, if I put it outboard it will poke out of the dash occasionally

4 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Yes I currently have the altitude screen inboard because of the animated part of the screen model, if I put it outboard it will poke out of the dash occasionally

I have that problem occasionally as well.  Especially in the morning.

2 people like this

On 6/19/2017 at 3:44 PM, warlord554 said:

Spacing is tight, but I'm working on getting the 9th man onboard

Remove the passenger seats. That's typically done with 160th aircraft anyways.

1 person likes this

You mean the two gunner seats? Because those are the only rear cargo seats installed

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

Remove the passenger seats. That's typically done with 160th aircraft anyways.

They still have the 2 gunner seats. They have the option of having 6 fold down seats. Usually those are kept out and its a flat floor. A lot of space is taken up by an auxiliary fuel tank.

@warlord554 @Jnr4817

No, I was not talking about the crew chief seats, lol. I was a UH-60 crew chief for 7 years. The Robertson tanks don't take up that much space. The latest versions are only 20 inches deep.

2 people like this

As you can see from the pic no rear cargo seats (not the best pic but only one on my phone)

ya6qAcQ.png

6 people like this

That looks right. Normally two guys can fit in the door with internal auxiliary tanks installed, three without. It's probably difficult cramming the guys inside the helicopter due to video game limitations.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, montgomery said:

@warlord554 @Jnr4817

No, I was not talking about the crew chief seats, lol. I was a UH-60 crew chief for 7 years. The Robertson tanks don't take up that much space. The latest versions are only 20 inches deep.

Ahh,

Thanks for your service.

Reed

1 person likes this