silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

On 15/10/2017 at 6:26 AM, katipo66 said:

Any RHS configs or for any other mods floating around? 

Check my signature.. not sure if the RHS config is 100% up to date.

7 hours ago, SavageCDN said:

Check my signature.. not sure if the RHS config is 100% up to date.

Thanks Savage, i ended up throwing them in VR and grabbing the classes from the .sqm.

I will grab your undocumented_features.sqf though, looks like some good tips in there, i been having a great ole time with DAC lately!

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 3:50 PM, katipo66 said:

Thanks Savage, i ended up throwing them in VR and grabbing the classes from the .sqm.

I will grab your undocumented_features.sqf though, looks like some good tips in there, i been having a great ole time with DAC lately!

Cheers!

If you've updated any of the unit configs feel free to PM me with them and I'll add them to github

Does anyone know if the UI was ever made to use with DAC?  I can remember in the dim and distant past one member was making one.

3 hours ago, SavageCDN said:

If you've updated any of the unit configs feel free to PM me with them and I'll add them to github

Will do, I just whacked up a couple of test ones so not full factions, when I make a full list I'll fire emblem through!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kremator said:

Does anyone know if the UI was ever made to use with DAC?  I can remember in the dim and distant past one member was making one.

Kremator!!  Yeah I remember that... can't recall what it was called but I don't think it was ever finished.  Might have something on the home PC will check.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 2:53 AM, kremator said:

Was that for DAC or another spawn system? my memory is shot to pieces but i remember someone making a Flash application for their spawning system, it worked quite good from memory.

NVM

Edited by katipo66
No update

4 minutes ago, delta99 said:

I do not remember there ever being a UI for DAC

There was never anything officially released.  It made it to the alpha stage but never got any further.  Silola wasn't the author it was some other guy.

Took a quick look on the home PC but anything I might have had is gone now.

Small reminder - making DAC configs from lists of classnames or mission files is huge waste of time,

If you don't already  have it, get gienkov's splendid ACC DAC toolbox from Armaholic. Link and brief outline here.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2017 at 10:28 AM, orcinus said:

Small reminder - making DAC configs from lists of classnames or mission files is huge waste of time,

If you don't already  have it, get gienkov's splendid ACC DAC toolbox from Armaholic. Link and brief outline here.

Thanks Orc!!  Again if anyone has any configs they'd like to share please PM me and I'll add them to the list on my github (see my sig).

Just checking this out as a possible alternative to ALiVE for some missions.

Has anyone tried updating it to spawn the editor groups, rather than individually created groups from configs? Seems a rather tedious and roundabout way of doing it.

2 hours ago, charliereddog said:

Has anyone tried updating it to spawn the editor groups, rather than individually created groups from configs? Seems a rather tedious and roundabout way of doing it.

Its a great system with many options, if you look at Savages sig in the post above yours you will see a link to his Dac configs, its a simple copy and paste if thats not too hard, configs are great and DAC has lots of them....  they let you easily customise and shape a mission.

On 2017-11-08 at 1:27 PM, charliereddog said:

Not that I'm aware of but that might not be an easy thing to do at all because the configs define much more than an individual unit to spawn. If you have a config already setup in my opinion it is a much better way to go. Look a few posts above this one for SavageCDN config project. I usually use something already created or take something and make some slight modifications to it.

it is possible to use DAC with a Headless Client and the HC Modul from ACEX? 

On 11/10/2017 at 12:23 PM, -Sharp- said:

it is possible to use DAC with a Headless Client and the HC Modul from ACEX? 

Not sure about the ACE module but DAC used to work with HC:

On 10/24/2017 at 9:53 AM, kremator said:

Here's what I was thinking of... by the ATM group (I believe they did the Russian assets in ACE2 and some RHS work).  Don't think it was ever completed:

https://github.com/AMT85/A3-DAC-GUI

Hi SavageCDN,

thank you for the answear. Unfortunately the example Mission of Moonson isn't online. Do you have a working DAC HC Mission for me? That would be great.

2 hours ago, SavageCDN said:

Here's what I was thinking of... by the ATM group (I believe they did the Russian assets in ACE2 and some RHS work).  Don't think it was ever completed:

https://github.com/AMT85/A3-DAC-GUI

Yeah I was thinking more of a front-end where you could program in what kind of forces you wanted and it would init DAC and away it went !  Do you remember a LONG LONG time ago William had a scenario creator (I think you created your mission online, then it sent it to you.)?  Something like that would be cool.  Unfortunately I'm not talented in GUIs to be able to help.

17 hours ago, kremator said:

Yeah I was thinking more of a front-end where you could program in what kind of forces you wanted and it would init DAC and away it went !  Do you remember a LONG LONG time ago William had a scenario creator (I think you created your mission online, then it sent it to you.)?  Something like that would be cool.  Unfortunately I'm not talented in GUIs to be able to help.

There was this I see it's still online... I've used this before in A2

http://www.plannedassault.com/

On 2017-11-14 at 10:05 AM, SavageCDN said:

There was this I see it's still online... I've used this before in A2

http://www.plannedassault.com/

Yeah, Planned Assault generator was pretty damn slick.