silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

On 3/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, linuxmaster9 said:

I have but I didnt see anywhere that you could tell it to have unlimited spawns. It just said that when the camp runs out of spawns it switches to another camp.

Just set the number of re-spawns to 999 or similar

I have this MANY times in my rpt....

17:26:08   Error Zero divisor
17:26:08 File C:\Users\Loop\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\RSM%20LooP\mpmissions\H&M%20PART1.xcam_taunus\DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Groups.sqf, line 542
17:26:08 Error in expression <,_m,_DAC_This_Zone,_DAC_UnitTyp,"null",[_countmax,_countmin,_DAC_ZoneRadiusX,_DA>
17:26:08   Error position: <_countmax,_countmin,_DAC_ZoneRadiusX,_DA>
17:26:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: _countmax
17:26:08 File C:\Users\Loop\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\RSM%20LooP\mpmissions\H&M%20PART1.xcam_taunus\DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Groups.sqf, line 558
17:26:08 Error in expression < 4:        {
_countmax = ((D

problkey my own fault but can you tell me how to get rid of it :D

On 2017-03-26 at 1:15 PM, linuxmaster9 said:

I have but I didnt see anywhere that you could tell it to have unlimited spawns. It just said that when the camp runs out of spawns it switches to another camp.

I am pretty sure there is an unlimited respawn for camps. If not then just use a massive number. Or have some other method to continuously respawn units every now and then and add them into DAC.

1 hour ago, delta99 said:

I am pretty sure there is an unlimited respawn for camps. If not then just use a massive number. Or have some other method to continuously respawn units every now and then and add them into DAC.

or use ALiVE?

1 hour ago, linuxmaster9 said:

or use ALiVE?

I use DAC a lot as it is flexible and pretty undemanding resource-wise. But see this recommendation to use ALIVE a lot. That is a great system but more resource hungry in my past experience a few months agoi.

a solution I often use to making infinite DAC groups (or DAC on demand) is to use logics or triggers that create new DAC zones with accompanying AI on whatever events you like - and these in turn spawn new DAC groups. Its called  create DAC zones „on the fly“ and on page 21 of the readme.

8 hours ago, twisted said:

I use DAC a lot as it is flexible and pretty undemanding resource-wise. But see this recommendation to use ALIVE a lot. That is a great system but more resource hungry in my past experience a few months agoi.

a solution I often use to making infinite DAC groups (or DAC on demand) is to use logics or triggers that create new DAC zones with accompanying AI on whatever events you like - and these in turn spawn new DAC groups. Its called  create DAC zones „on the fly“ and on page 21 of the readme.

got a link to this read me? i have not seen a 21 page readme

5 hours ago, linuxmaster9 said:

Its the PDF inside the doc folder.

7 hours ago, linuxmaster9 said:

plus in the mission samples that come with DAC in the DAC tutorial folder you can find working code to help you get started. for this one look in #E_11_DAC_create_new_zone.Altis

On 2017-04-06 at 11:14 PM, linuxmaster9 said:

or use ALiVE?

In my opinion Alive is a different beast altogether. Depending on what you want to do Alive might be better or DAC might be better.

They certainly aren't a 1-1 replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, delta99 said:

In my opinion Alive is a different beast altogether. Depending on what you want to do Alive might be better or DAC might be better.

They certainly aren't a 1-1 replacement.

I've had some decent gameplay from mixing them together. Got to be careful not to overdo it though, it's easy to lose your FPS :)

• Like 2

I've got problem on linux dedicated server since 1.70 - same missions that had DAC working now get some problems, no waypoints are being generated l/

This is likely not a DAC issue but just wondering if anyone else notices that if you use the option to allow units to search or enter buildings with DAC they sometimes get stuck which pretty much makes the group get stuck while waiting for the one unit (or more) that entered the building to come back out.

• Like 1

^ Does this happen with vanilla units (ie: NATO, CSAT)?  I've seen similar using modded units when testing CQB in ALiVE.  Possibly a building issue as well?

On 2017-07-12 at 9:19 AM, SavageCDN said:

^ Does this happen with vanilla units (ie: NATO, CSAT)?  I've seen similar using modded units when testing CQB in ALiVE.  Possibly a building issue as well?

SavageCDN, not sure. I rarely if ever use the Vanilla units BUT when I am in next testing I will see if I can find a Vanilla units config and try with those. This is on Malden BTW which I would think they fixed up all the buildings but why would I really think that!!! I know I've seen it over the years with any sort of island BIS or not. Just seems like it happens a lot more when I use DAC but that just might be because I like using the building search option a lot and maybe that just has AI entering and leaving buildings a lot more than any other sort of missions I run.

Because I'm usually playing "Zues" at times during missions I just fix these issues myself by dragging a unit out of a building when they look stuck.

Actually now that I think about it this happens with my own units being commanded (Yes, NATO Vanilla) so its more than likely a building / AI / BIS issue that they just can't be bothered to fix. It doesn't happen all that much with units that I command because I rarely command them to enter buildings because they are mostly DUMB when they do!!

Hi all, been getting back to designing some missions with DAC. Haven't used it in a long while and don't recall from the past if I've used it with Civilians much in the past.

But with debugging turned on for messages from DAC I see that the Civilians are putting out messages like: "Enemy Contact, attacking now". Obviously it doesn't seem like they are actually attacking and such but should this be happening at all? I've messed with the Behaviour Config a little for civs but doesn't seem to help at all with this type of thing.

On 12 July 2017 at 6:19 AM, SavageCDN said:

Can confirm, from time to time units will get stuck in buildings, it's very frustrating... Especially when it's one of your own units, no order can help them but I found a solution that moves them, place a charge next to them, that gets them unstuck :)

• Like 1

On 2017-07-15 at 3:45 PM, katipo66 said:

Can confirm, from time to time units will get stuck in buildings, it's very frustrating... Especially when it's one of your own units, no order can help them but I found a solution that moves them, place a charge next to them, that gets them unstuck :)

For my own units its not too big of a deal cause I use MCC and just move them. But if its enemy, unless I'm monitoring them and looking for the issue its a major pain.

Does anyone know why I do not run this line in dedicated but if in local / editor?

I use it in trigger and in script and it is not activated in dedicated server

[z2] call DAC_Activate;

On 2017-07-31 at 1:37 PM, pit_1 said:

Does anyone know why I do not run this line in dedicated but if in local / editor?

I use it in trigger and in script and it is not activated in dedicated server

[z2] call DAC_Activate;

I believe triggers are activated locally for each player that triggers it (if that is what you are doing) and not on the server so likely that is your issue.

Or, double check the documentation. z2 might need to be in quotes. It might be expecting the NAME of the zone not the zone object. 

• Like 1

Yes, just look above at SavageCDN's signature for some DAC Unit Configs he's done to use mod faction units.

• Like 1

I believe triggers are activated locally for each player that triggers it (if that is what you are doing) and not on the server so likely that is your issue.

Or, double check the documentation. z2 might need to be in quotes. It might be expecting the NAME of the zone not the zone object. 
Thank you for your response! I will review it as soon as I can and comment on the result.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

So I'm bored with making my mission and just want to jump into some instant action, DAC delivered in spades, it's been a few years since I last used it, very rusty but, after a ten minute setup I got a good hours constant gameplay on Chernarus redux, very happy :) not one script error, legend!

This system works as great as the first time I tried it back in the day, very happy to re-discover it..

Any RHS configs or for any other mods floating around?