SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

I personally don't see a problem with using Massi's Weapons Pack, as I feel there are actually more players that use it than don't. If you are using any of Massi's units (which just judging off of missions released on Armaholic, is the most commonly used) then you are also using his weapons pack. But hell, what's the problem with downloading an extra weapons pack to add to your game even if you don't intend to use it? I have downloaded nearly every weapons pack available, and have quite an arsenal to choose from in-game...with no conflicts.

In any case, I will agree that RH Weapons packs would be a better choice, as I feel ANYTHING by Robert Hammer is of great quality and good solid weapons. Either way, I think players could accommodate to requirements for the mod, as they would any other. Just know, there are still plenty of us out here that still use Massi's units/weapons.

Excellent mod and I thank you for this release. It makes the game a ton better having a nice inventory of aircraft to choose from and interact with. I will make sure to report any new findings which haven't been mentioned yet, and greatly anticipating future releases for this mod. Thanks again.

Keep up good work! Can't wait for other planes to be included in future versions. :)

Uploading the rest as we speak will have links to follow

C5 Galaxy

B1 Lancer

AC 130

Edited by Matt_Haskins91

Trying to recreate your problem but im not getting it

What he means is whenever he attaches a vehicles in the belly of the C-5 then gets in that specific vehicle after being automatically ejected, the screen turns black with only the hud visible until you detach it.

Exellent mod fullerpj im glad someone made tactical bombers,refuelers and heavy airlifters apart of the game and i cant wait to see what else you have in store! A quick inquiry when i spawn the planes i get a error "bad vehicle type USMC_Soldier_Pilot" and i was unable to enter the plane even when empty. if someone could help me out on this one it would be much appreciated i really want to see this beauty drop bombs

What he means is whenever he attaches a vehicles in the belly of the C-5 then gets in that specific vehicle after being automatically ejected, the screen turns black with only the hud visible until you detach it.

I got what he was saying lol i was saying that i wasn't receiving that error

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Exellent mod fullerpj im glad someone made tactical bombers,refuelers and heavy airlifters apart of the game and i cant wait to see what else you have in store! A quick inquiry when i spawn the planes i get a error "bad vehicle type USMC_Soldier_Pilot" and i was unable to enter the plane even when empty. if someone could help me out on this one it would be much appreciated i really want to see this beauty drop bombs

Husker you got that when spawning the B-1? you shouldnt have gotten that at all..there is no USMC_Solider_Pilot..

A few things i have noticed so far;

Ac-130

I spawn it in empty. When i get in and start the engines the nose rises instantly and the tail hits the ground causing it to explode.

when im in the gunner position i would like to swap between the positions.

B1

The turning circle is quite bad while on the ground

The afterburner option is there when you scroll from the outside of the vehicle

The afterburner option doesn't have a visual effect or do much to the speed

The exterior textures could do with some work

C5

The exterior texture could do with some work

The engine noise sounds a little too artificial. And is way too loud from inside the cockpit

the cargo takes a little too long to exit the plane.

KC135

Exterior texture could do with some work

Would it be possible for the aircraft that is being refuelled to attach to the boom?

Flares? (Not sure if tankers have flares IRL?)

I hope this constructive criticism is useful to you and your team. You have made an excellent mod! Keep up the good work!

A few things i have noticed so far;

Ac-130

I spawn it in empty. When i get in and start the engines the nose rises instantly and the tail hits the ground causing it to explode.

when im in the gunner position i would like to swap between the positions.

B1

The turning circle is quite bad while on the ground

The afterburner option is there when you scroll from the outside of the vehicle

The afterburner option doesn't have a visual effect or do much to the speed

The exterior textures could do with some work

C5

The exterior texture could do with some work

The engine noise sounds a little too artificial. And is way too loud from inside the cockpit

the cargo takes a little too long to exit the plane.

KC135

Exterior texture could do with some work

Would it be possible for the aircraft that is being refuelled to attach to the boom?

Flares? (Not sure if tankers have flares IRL?)

I hope this constructive criticism is useful to you and your team. You have made an excellent mod! Keep up the good work!

Thanks brother..The textures are as they are in the notes..not where we want them to be..we asked and are still asking for a texture artist with good skill to contact myself or peral.

The AC-130 when you are in the position of gunner and you have AI with you you can only switch if your the pilot first..im trying to fix that issue

The B-1 turning radius im fixing right now it will be better for v 0.2 afterburner will be fixed.

C-5 the engine noise is exactly like that in real life..i promise look up a video. I will fix it so its not so loud in the cockpit

The Cargo i will see if we can speed it up but it goes according to the time it takes for the cargo bay doors to open

KC135 does not have flares and it does attach to the boom..do you have a instance where it isnt?

FullerPJ- do you have a bug tracker on Dev-Heaven or something of the sort so that you can keep track of the bug reports? I didn't read through the other nine pages, so I don't know if you've responded to this question.

Either way, congrats on the release to you and your team.

By the way, will you or Peral think about adding an animation to the C-5 that lowers the entire fuselage as in RL before being able to load vehicular cargo? Then reanimate it to raise before take-off? Thanks

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

FullerPJ- do you have a bug tracker on Dev-Heaven or something of the sort so that you can keep track of the bug reports? I didn't read through the other nine pages, so I don't know if you've responded to this question.

Either way, congrats on the release to you and your team.

I dont have one on Dev-Heaven but i do have one of my own.

Okay, did some testing, and these are some of the minor errors that I came across. But all in all, each aircraft performed fine. I didn't have any troubles with the landing gear, aircraft tilting back, or troubles with AI piloting aircraft as others have mentioned before me. Also, all tests were done using vanilla game with only Massi's Weapons Pack and current stable version.

AC-130U Spooky II

Error: Cannot Load Texture: ca\air_e\c130j\data\c130j_body_ti_ca.paa

Reproduce: 1st time placing empty AC-130 in editor, then launch. Error pops up upon first loading. Only occurs once until game is restarted.

Error: Resource title Default not found

Reproduce: Place empty AC-130 in editor, then launch. Error pops up upon first loading, then is reproduced each time you restart mission.

B-1B Lancer:

Error: Cannot Load Texture: js_jc_fa18\data\fa18_misc_nohq.paa

Reproduce: Place empty B-1B in editor, then launch. Error pops up upon first loading. Only occurs once until game is restarted. *This error is produced from a dependency on JS FA18, which after activated, will no longer produce the error at all.

Furthermore, I included a few screenshots to show a couple texture issues in-game on the AC-130. Guessing it has something to do with the error mentioned above.

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/XxSiegeAxX/arma32014-04-2613-26-21-64_zps163ea8c5.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/XxSiegeAxX/arma32014-04-2613-26-52-98_zps704cd288.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/XxSiegeAxX/arma32014-04-2613-26-41-17_zpsd88fc989.jpg

Ok i need two more ppl not on dev branch to come into this room. Titled Test Bed pass is fuller.

As for the errors majority of everyone is posting the same ones i have them.

Im sure some of you are wondering about the Gau-12 in the ac-130 when you switch from the API to the HE you can see the HE but not the API..i was toying around with the ammo and switched API to NVG only thats why you cant see them. It has been corrected already for v 0.2

This looks great brother, and I especially appreciate the SF addition to the pack! I tried to get a pair of ABUs into the game but configs and such were alittle beyond me. It was a retexture of the CSAT officer uniform to give the DBA cop in the field look (Sleeves 3/4 rolled and unbloused pants). I still have it if you'd like to use it. It just sits around in my Docs lol

This looks great brother, and I especially appreciate the SF addition to the pack! I tried to get a pair of ABUs into the game but configs and such were alittle beyond me. It was a retexture of the CSAT officer uniform to give the DBA cop in the field look (Sleeves 3/4 rolled and unbloused pants). I still have it if you'd like to use it. It just sits around in my Docs lol

Like your username lol ya shoot it to me if you dont mind take a look at it

Looks real good, keep up the work. I too spent my time overseas with the Army but I did fly on Air Force planes including one time on a C-5 that took 26 days to get us from Wisconsin to Afghanistan. Hope you did not model that Ha Ha.

Loving the SCALE !!!

anyway spotted a funny error on my dedi.

Cannot load material file ca\air_e\c130j\data\c130j_sklo.rvmat.

Loving the SCALE !!!

anyway spotted a funny error on my dedi.

Cannot load material file ca\air_e\c130j\data\c130j_sklo.rvmat.

have the same cannot load ...

how did you get the addons to run on a dedi server with out key??

Congrats on the release, the mod looks amazing and I am going to give it a try soon. Just wanted to add a +1 to the mentioned vanilla config for weapons as our group doesn't use Massi weapons. To add even more mods than we already have becomes complicated in relation to getting new players up to speed, especially the double up of weapons and different ammo types. Really looking forward to getting these into some missions for our group, thanks again and keep up the great work.

thank you for pointing that out to me never used play with 6 nice program up loaded the mod to the sever and testing the heck out of the ac130

thank you for pointing that out to me never used play with 6 nice program up loaded the mod to the sever and testing the heck out of the ac130

ICE_AGE can you give me some feedback in my PM box of your trials with dedi?

Is there going to be ways to have like, "bomb sights" for the B1? To aim? Or am I missing something hehe

Amazing work, Love the pack, and the scale <3333