Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

Had a chance to tinker a tad, my OPFOR ME Irregulars are all wearing AAF uniforms.

Any thoughts/ideas/fixes? Mod conflict maybe?

Had a chance to tinker a tad, my OPFOR ME Irregulars are all wearing AAF uniforms.

Any thoughts/ideas/fixes? Mod conflict maybe?

I asked that in the thread for the old ME Irregulars mod as it has the same issue. It is most likely related to recent changes BIS made to the uniforms and respective scripting commands. Drongo said he was working on an update for MEC.

First post updated with version 013. Changes:

• Removed the uniform, vest and pack randomization from all factions except the Irregulars (due to persistent problems with uniforms and adding gear)
  • Adjusted the uniform and vest in each unit's config
  • Minor loadout tweaks
  • Fixed most of the "out of ammo" report spam for all factions except the Irregulars (I think it is due to the randomization script)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Really enjoyed the mod, it's totally awesome. I'm really looking forward to some more units going forward. Maybe ANA, Iraqi army, more Iranian units.

Really? I was playing SAA vs Irregulars coop the other day and they seemed fine.

Really? I was playing SAA vs Irregulars coop the other day and they seemed fine.

it might be something to do with dev branch then

Amazing mod! 9.5/10 If you could add contemporary aircraft for the SAA like M-29, Hinds, and Hips that would make it go to 11/10. Are there currently any plans for air units?

it might be something to do with dev branch then

Yes, the upcoming sound changes pretty much break all addon/mod sound configs. It's a dev-branch issue for now, but one I expect to also be on stable.

That's a huge pain in the arse. Unfortunately I am unable to do anything about it, I will have to wait for Massi to update his weapons pack.

That's a huge pain in the arse. Unfortunately I am unable to do anything about it, I will have to wait for Massi to update his weapons pack.

How about try using Toadie2K AK pack? Soooo much better ;) or Suddens russians, it has AkM, AKM+GL, Ak-74m, PKM, SVD, just doesn´t have AKs-74u...

I assumed that all weapon mods will need to be fixed by the author. Am I mistaken? I like Massi's weapon pack because it is everything I need, Western and Eastern in a single download. Though to be honest I have never tried Toadie's weapons.

@ SHassan

I would like to include air units, but the mod already has a lot of dependencies. I am hoping someone releases an "East Air Pack" with all the needed air units in one pack.

Actually, if anyone would be kind enough to donate appropriate aircraft models, I would repay with some missions for their mod (check my signature for some of my missions).

Drongo,

Firstly, thank you for your work on this. It really fills a niche for much needed middle eastern units. Bravo.

Secondly, I get this error when launching a mission with @MEC units in the editor:

sud_error.jpg

Error in log: Warning Message: Cannot open object sud_np_wpn\sud_strela_rocket.p3d

I have the East vs. West addon installed, but the download does not contain a sud_np_wpn.pbo

sud_addons.jpg

Lastly, Would it ever be possible to decouple this from East vs. West and make it standalone? Too much effort?

@ Sergeant Rock

Glad you are enjoying the mod. No sure what would be causing that, the MEC chaps all use Massi's Strelas. Has anybody else had this problem?

The only way to decouple from East vs West would be to either cut the BTR-60 and BRDM or if someone provided standalone models for them. I know the dependency requirements are already quite large.

It appears the error is being caused by the East vs. West addon, not yours Drongo.

The config.bin of sud_gw_wpn.pbo contains a reference to sud_np_wpn\sud_strela_rocket.p3d on line 28:

rocksraiders.com\images\sudRef1.jpg

and to sud_np_wpn\sud_strela_loaded.p3d on line 37:

rocksraiders.com\images\sudRef2.jpg

That path and p3d file does not exist in this release of East vs. West. Not sure why others are not seeing this issue.

Drongo,

Would you consider adding Hamas to your middle eastern pack?

I am making a defend Gaza style scenario,would love Hamas as an addition.

With yet "another" isreali ground incursion brewing,i feel we will be seeing(or not) this in the news in time to come.

I don't know much about Hamas. What kind of gear and uniforms do they use? Couldn't they be represented by the ME Irregulars?

I don't know much about Hamas. What kind of gear and uniforms do they use? Couldn't they be represented by the ME Irregulars?

They could be similar to ME irregulars,

But as for uniform,it is mixed,light fatigues civ like.

Actual uniform is usually berkut,something like massis spetsnaz,but darker.

green sash(libyan green). Light desert chest rig.

Headgear,something like your SAA headgear helmet(black),with agian,green bandana(or)full face ballaclava rectangle vision slit also using green bandana.

Usuall no back pack to speak of.

Weapons: A russian chinese varient AK 47/AKM Called type 56 assault rifle.

Ak-74u airborne type. PKMs, RPGs, SVDs. Most of which you already have.

I think they could be made quite destinguishable from other middle eastern factions visually with that green theme mentioned.Bandana would look great though texturing it onto a helmet,i dont know if possible.

I will check ME irregulars for similarities.

A link to any representative pics would be very helpful. Then I'll have to bother Chops, he does the texturing, I just do the configs.

A link to any representative pics would be very helpful. Then I'll have to bother Chops, he does the texturing, I just do the configs.

Allready poking around for some,when i get a link will share it with you andyou can see what you make of it.

Thanks drongo.

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

https://www.google.com.tw/search?q=hamas&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=wtTDU9a-KMnNkwXJ0YD4AQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1178&bih=583.

I couldnt get direct links to the exact pics i wanted to show.

However those images(mainly top of the page) are something like i was talking about.

Sorry its a link to google images.

CIV clothes,with the balaclava green bandana look really decent in my opinion.

Chops has started work on Hamas headgear, they'll likely be in the next release.