genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

UPDATE:

I found the issue.

*NEW* AI's accuracy/vision is impact my rain intensity.

This 2.6 addition causes problems when you suppress ai - even slightly.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Spawn some ai.

2. Have overcast and rain on max

3. Spawn yourself as guy with LMG or have static hmg

4. shoot an entire box at AI - make sure to leave some ai alive to see results

5. observe ai shooting holes all day long 1 foot in front of them. you can walk right up to them and not be hit.

This bug might possibly be a bug with any features of ACE that modify ballistics, but even with advanced ballistics off for non marksmen rifles it still seems to bug out. Maybe an issue with some modifications to AI that ace has?

Is there a way to disable the ai accuracy hit with heavy rain? I can't seem to find where it is in scripts.

EDIT: Found the place where it does the math. It is in the "VCOMAI_FocusedAccuracy.sqf". You can clearly see the weather variable declare then used in the calculations. I ended up taking it out and ai shoot like a charm in the rain - all the other accuracy modifiers still work just fine. Would do a pull request on your git but not sure you check it much @Genesis?

The reason for this is quite simple, the maths for weather accuracy are pretty wonky. With maximum rain the skills for most line AI can end up below zero, which obviously makes them completely incompetent. The rain reduces the skills by up to 0.33, which when applied to the aimingAccuracy of 0.05-0.15 that most AI have has disastrous results.

A bandaid fix is to open up VCOMAI_FocusedAccuracy.sqf and change lines 28 and 47 to "_WeatherCheck = 0;". For a more proper fix it'd probably be best to change it to a percentual modifier.

Hi all - mod looks very interesting. I've reinstalled arma after a while away and am looking forward to trying this on some open ended play but also wondering if it also plays nice with the campaign? Thanks for any responses! :-)

RearmGo ( As after some time, this script was still running, I think the container, where the unit tried to grab a Mag from, was driving away ... [/code]

:P)

/*
This function is to ensure the AI reaches their ammo objective!
*/

_RAU = _this select 0;
_RL = _this select 1;

while {((_RAU distance _RL) > 5) && ((_RAU distance _RL) > 100)} do {
_RAU domove (getpos _RL);
sleep 4;
};
if ((_RAU distance _RL) > 5) then { _RAU action ["rearm", _RL]; };

Maybe this code can be usefull,  to someone, somehow

I think you might've mixed up some of the greater than and lesser than symbols there. With those conditions the while loop will never be ran, and units would only rearm when further than 5 metres away from their rearm target.

• Like 1

I think you might've mixed up some of the greater than and lesser than symbols there. With those conditions the while loop will never be ran, and units would only rearm when further than 5 metres away from their rearm target.

Ohh jesus, you say it, sorry didn't realise, pretty emberessing  :wacko: . You are right of course this shouldn't be.

while {((_RAU distance _RL) > 5) || ((_RAU distance _RL) > 100)} do {
	_RAU domove (getpos _RL);
	sleep 4;
};
if ((_RAU distance _RL) < 6) then { _RAU action ["rearm", _RL]; };

Again I'm sorry, I shoudn't write code, with such flaws -.-

Ohh jesus, you say it, sorry didn't realise, pretty emberessing  :wacko: . You are right of course this shouldn't be.

while {((_RAU distance _RL) > 5) || ((_RAU distance _RL) > 100)} do {
Again I'm sorry, I shoudn't write code, with such flaws -.-
Now it does run, but if (_RAU distance _RL) > 100, then it will also be > 5 so the second statement will never get evaluated, heh.

Use something like this:

while {(_RAU distance _RL) > 5) && (_RAU distance _RL) < 100} do {
It might still not be the best solution because if the unit finds a source of ammo more than 100 metres away it'll skip resupplying entirely, but hopefully the rest of the script is smart enough to notice that the unit hasn't actually resupplied and will just tell it to try again later.

Hi
Just some more testing on the godly-insta-detect AI. If I put this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; on the inits of units in a group then they are not insta-detecting me. If one unit in that group is missing  ["NOAI",1,false] then only that unit insta-detects&fires at me.

I am also detected and shot if any other unit engages a enemy group! Eg I'm just lying still 200m from a blufor unit. When that blufor unit engages a opfor group, I am detected and shot.

Hope you will return for Vcom Genesis!

Thank you

Hi

Just some more testing on the godly-insta-detect AI. If I put this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; on the inits of units in a group then they are not insta-detecting me. If one unit in that group is missing  ["NOAI",1,false] then only that unit insta-detects&fires at me.

I am also detected and shot if any other unit engages a enemy group! Eg I'm just lying still 200m from a blufor unit. When that blufor unit engages a opfor group, I am detected and shot.

Hope you will return for Vcom Genesis!

Thank you

I can confirm both of these issues. AI seems to have some scripted detection going on where they immediately spot nearby enemy units upon taking fire.
  • Like 1

Whew. What a few extremely busy weeks. Better check the forums...*35 notifications and various PM's*

Oh boy.

Hello all! I am starting to get a footing in the whole 'real life' thing. Starting a clinic is never easy ^_^

Anyway, I am getting that itch for some ArmA code so I will be slowly going through the forum and collecting bugs/requested features so I can begin work on them again. This weekend is yet another busy one so I can't promise anything but I have "ArmA Coding :D" in my schedule for next Saturday for a few hours.

Thank you all for the posts and I will do my best to address what I can. Again, if anyone has already come up with fixes for any encountered bugs please feel free to share them here.

Thank you!

• Like 5

Hey all,

I was able to spend ~30 minutes today working on fixes and thanks to everyone here I was able to patch quite a bit together.

Vcom AI Changelog

*FIXED* AI no longer have godly-insta detect when entering combat mode.
*FIXED* AI will not run miles and miles to rearm now. (Thanks to burneddi and crewt)
*ADDED* Ability to disable weather effects to accuracy.
*ADDED* Ability to select percentage impact of weather effects.
*OPTIMIZATION* VcomAI_RearmSelf script has been optimized thanks to Crewt!

As I was going through the forums I was so surprised by the number of people willing to offer help by either posting fixed code or posting bugs and pictures.

So thanks to everyone! Like usual I will be posting a script 'test' version soon and then rolling out the other versions after that.

• Like 4

Is there any improvements to the dogfighting AI, if not are you planning to implement any?

I tried a simple mission last night in the editor on Chernarus. And I loved the way the AI was moving to cover and cover, However we were 300m away and it seemed like the AI were unable to hit each other. Is this intended? Should I increase the game difficulty or is there some other setting Im missing? 

Is there any improvements to the dogfighting AI, if not are you planning to implement any?

As far as I'm aware of, the improvements are for Infantrie only. Exepct for troup transports in Landvehicles and Helos.

But maybe Genesis can spoil something?

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up on something I noticed - seems to be a bit of a conflict with "ALiVE" - when using the "Player Transport Module" the helicopters really start behaving strangely and the "Command Tablet" becomes unresponsive... 

Thanks for all you guys do...

Regards,

Scott

As far as I'm aware of, the improvements are for Infantrie only. Exepct for troup transports in Landvehicles and Helos.

But maybe Genesis can spoil something?

Yeah, but in his VCOM Driving thread Genesis did talk about wanting to implement dogfighting AI. However it has been some time since then, so I was wondering if he dropped it?

Yeah, but in his VCOM Driving thread Genesis did talk about wanting to implement dogfighting AI. However it has been some time since then, so I was wondering if he dropped it?

True, just wait until Genesis tells us.

For some reason with only this AI mod when you set move commands for squad with the the squad in "combat mode" the AI squad will move for about 10 feet and stop. Ai dont move after that. When i set them up as "aware" they move normal. With any other ai mod (ASR, bCombat, FFIS) i don't have this issue. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Is setting move commands with combat mode/ Stealth mode breaking this mod or something?  any insight will be helpfull 

@sidekilla09 

The only thing you are doing 'wrong' is sending them somewhere while they think they are in combat. As soon they are in combat mode, different behavior kicks in. In this case, the behavior of VCOM.

Also, there is no real need for sending something somewhere in combat mode. At least that is my opinion, but check this out.

Hi! o/

So, I found this mod yesterday and it looks pretty cool. I talked with the folks in my squad, mainly the guy who manages the server, and suggested we use this. Turns out, he tried it sometime ago but got a key error. You can't log in the server if you're using this mod (and vcom driving). I'm not an expert in signature check nor keys, but the man says the error shouldn't be there, since the key in the server matches the one in the mod.

So, does anyone else has this problem? What's the workaround?

I'm not sure, but I think the server is running the latest game version, without Apex.

Thanks for the help :)

So in this mod rank affects skill and accuracy? Like if I set a unit to to Seargant, he will have better aim?

Could Ai be made to Sling Load a heavy field gun for support of the troops? Would be a neat thing in a game.